/* */

PDA

View Full Version : McCain - Palin Dirty Politics

islamirama
10-19-2008, 10:19 PM
It's 2008 & there are still large pockets of America that think & believe like these red-blooded Americans! Folks like these are a huge voting & influential bloc and they are getting organized & fired up!

Great commentary from MSNBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fB0lBXRdnU

Speach of the hateful mob:

Al-Jazeera visits rednecks of ohio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0

Obam is a terrorist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E

part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJghQMq49dw

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
10-22-2008, 03:26 AM
This is really scary!!!! Imagine an ignorant fool becoming a VP of 72 yr old president.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc

--------------

Vote no to Palin on PBS poll

PBS has an online poll posted, asking if Sarah Palin is qualified. The poll will be reported on PBS and picked up by mainstream media. It can influence undecided voters in swing states.

Please do two things -- takes 20 seconds.

1) Click on link and vote NO!
http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html

2) Forward it to your friends.

We have to consciously work for the change. Thanks

Woodrow
10-22-2008, 03:37 AM
From what I am seeing through western Minnesota and South Dakota is McCain selecting Palin for a VP has turned Public opinion against him. At least in the areas I travel through. I have not seen as much as one McCain campaign sign in the past 2 weeks and Obama signs are popping up in peoples yards like mushrooms.

islamirama
10-22-2008, 04:02 AM
CNN finally exposes Sarah Palin's Iraq war 'a task from God', Armageddon-hungry church

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIHjE0T_ww

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
10-22-2008, 04:17 AM
I think there is evidence that the Bradley Effect is at play in this election. For those who don't know what that is, it is when voters tell pollsters one thing and intend to do something else on election day. Palin is very popular with the base of the Republican Party, more than John McCain anyway, although that isn't saying much.

Muezzin
10-22-2008, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Palin is very popular with the base of the Republican Party, more than John McCain anyway, although that isn't saying much.
It's not saying much to say that she's easier on the eyes.*

I'm just sayin'.

*Obama is also easier on the eyes than McCain. And he's a man.

Woodrow
10-22-2008, 04:34 PM
The scary thing about McCain is: If he picked Palin as VP, who would he appoint for his cabinet? The cabinet is the real strength of the President, once selected they are the ones who essentially run the country.

Keltoi
10-22-2008, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The scary thing about McCain is: If he picked Palin as VP, who would he appoint for his cabinet? The cabinet is the real strength of the President, once selected they are the ones who essentially run the country.
He has promised a bipartisan cabinet. Meaning Dems and Reps. It would more than likely be an impressive gathering. Palin was an election pick, not a policy pick.

KAding
10-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I think there is evidence that the Bradley Effect is at play in this election. For those who don't know what that is, it is when voters tell pollsters one thing and intend to do something else on election day. Palin is very popular with the base of the Republican Party, more than John McCain anyway, although that isn't saying much.
I never quite understand this. Aren't 'the base of the Republican Party' going to vote for the Republican candidate anyway? I suppose it's just a way to get them out to vote? But still, why scare away moderates with Palin to please people who support you anyway. I would assume they would go out to vote anyway if the stakes get high enough?

Beh, I'm sure the McCain campaign thought this through!

Woodrow
10-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Wait until the environmentalists get their say in.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26546967/

Keltoi
10-22-2008, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
I never quite understand this. Aren't 'the base of the Republican Party' going to vote for the Republican candidate anyway? I suppose it's just a way to get them out to vote? But still, why scare away moderates with Palin to please people who support you anyway. I would assume they would go out to vote anyway if the stakes get high enough?

Beh, I'm sure the McCain campaign thought this through!
You got it right. The base of the Republican Party has never been John McCain's greatest fan. Before Palin, the base planned on holding their noses and picking the lesser of two evils. With Palin they have somebody to vote for instead of simply voting against Obama. Victory for Republicans has always hinged on base turnout. That is what elected George Bush Jr. in 2004.
The undecided voters are important, but if the Republican base comes out in droves it doesn't matter what the undecided voters do.

Keltoi
10-22-2008, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Wait until the environmentalists get their say in.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26546967/
Environmentalists usually have no understanding of wildlife conservation. Hunting is an essential part of conservation.

Woodrow
10-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Environmentalists usually have no understanding of wildlife conservation. Hunting is an essential part of conservation.
True, but the environmentalists have a big voice and use emotionalism very well.

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 03:12 PM
People shouting racist comments about Obama saying he is a monkey and needs to go back to Kenya http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gHrExRHZnm0

Fishman
10-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Only if the hunters travel in small bands and are armed with spears. Guns overtip the balance. And hunting for sport is disgusting, people who do it are just taking life for their own sick pleasure.

Keltoi
10-24-2008, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Only if the hunters travel in small bands and are armed with spears. Guns overtip the balance. And hunting for sport is disgusting, people who do it are just taking life for their own sick pleasure.
The method of hunting has nothing to do with it. Animals only have a certain amount of territory they depend on as a food source. Without hunting those populations will increase to the point where that food source isn't large enough to sustain the population.

That is why hunters have to buy tags to hunt most animals. They decide on the number of tags given out by how limited or over-populated that animal is at the time. I hunt for sport ever year. It is part of our culture. It is also vital for conservation.

Trumble
10-24-2008, 10:15 PM
And hunting for sport is disgusting, people who do it are just taking life for their own sick pleasure.
Hear, hear.

Fishman
10-24-2008, 10:33 PM
The method of hunting has nothing to do with it. Animals only have a certain amount of territory they depend on as a food source. Without hunting those populations will increase to the point where that food source isn't large enough to sustain the population.
</p>
Yes, that is what happens. The population increases until the animals can't be supported anymore, and then some die, until the population is low enough to be sustained. It is a natural cycle that does not need arrogant humans to be perpetuated. Furthermore, what the animals are hunted with does make a difference. I would try to explain more, but my computer security settings won't let this posting program make paragraphs, which are essential for explanation. Plus, my general writing skills are a bit broken at the moment. :D

Keltoi
10-24-2008, 11:21 PM
</p>
Yes, that is what happens. The population increases until the animals can't be supported anymore, and then some die, until the population is low enough to be sustained. It is a natural cycle that does not need arrogant humans to be perpetuated. Furthermore, what the animals are hunted with does make a difference. I would try to explain more, but my computer security settings won't let this posting program make paragraphs, which are essential for explanation. Plus, my general writing skills are a bit broken at the moment. :D
Starvation and disease is a result of overpopulation. The deer population in Colorado was devastated because of a disease caused by overpopulation. Not to mention the increase in deer/vehicle accidents and Lyme disease. Farmers also have to deal with overpopulations of deer that are forced to eat crops because of lack of natural food sources.

Starvation is not a natural cycle. Populations are controlled by either predators or hunting. The deer has few natural predators in the U.S these days, unless you are talking about the Rocky Mountains or other mountain lion habitat. The wolves are mostly gone except for tightly controlled populations in the Yellowstone. Human beings are the primary source of population control, and usually it is not enough. Agencies are very conservative on the number of tags they allow each season, and usually they are for a certain gender at a certain age. Contrary to popular myth, hunters do not simply go out and shoot whatever moves. I usually take one or two deer a season, and that is fairly expensive. Of course I hunt on federal lands.

NobleMuslimUK
10-25-2008, 12:36 AM
How can americans ever trust democrats after two terms of bloody Bush.

The Khan
10-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Tell that to the Indian govt. They've banned any kind of hunting here. :(

format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
How can americans ever trust democrats after two terms of bloody Bush.
He's republican.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.