/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confidentiality Issues - what would you do

Re.TiReD
10-20-2008, 09:20 AM
:salamext:

You're a counsellor or a doctor...

You're bound by the ethical rules of your trade that you will not disclose any of the information that your clients give you...

BUT...you find out that one of your clients abuses children, or that they are thinking of shooting somebodies head off or murdering the old lady that lives across from them and thinking of chopping her body up into tiny little pieces and feeding her to the ducks...

Hmm, what would you do? Would you break the confidentiality and tell somebody else, or would you maintain it?

And nobody be a smart alec and give away that by law we're only bound to tell certain things :blind:

What would you perssonally do?

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SixTen
10-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Well, as you mentioned, you arn't bound by law - to blow the whistle on issues which can harm the society.

But, if you wern't allowed to disclose that information, I definately would anyhow and I think so would everybody else - You can't value your job over the wellbeing of another human being.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-20-2008, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
:salamext:

And nobody be a smart alec and give away that by law we're only bound to tell certain things :blind:
i'd do that

Re.TiReD
10-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Hmm interesting.

Well I think its worth pointing out that by Law you're only bound to tell if anybody tells you of their plans to launder money or for terrorism.

So if you found out they'd been molesting children, or that they had raped 10 women, or that they were an unconvicted cannibal or just something...you couldnt really tell

Wouldnt that make you uncomfortable...how would you feel?

Arghh my line of thought is messed but I just got out of a confusing lecture :enough!:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
child molestor - i'd report him straight away
rapist - i'd report him straight away
anything sick LIKE that - i'd report him straight away

and i wouldnt wanna stick to a job where they are ok with protecting such people

Re.TiReD
10-20-2008, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
and i wouldnt wanna stick to a job where they are ok with protecting such people
Ditto.

I was just being made to think of the prejudices I have...just people I wouldnt be able to deal with....like is there somebody who did a certain thing...that you just simply wouldnt be able to sympathise with?

For me its people who self-harm.....I see it as such a weakness because personally things have happened in the past where I've thought, 'You know what, this life aint really worth it...I'd be better off not here'... But because of who we are and what we believe, we pull ourselves back from the edge...Although we may teeter.

I dunno, so if I had to talk to somebody who harmed themselves, I'm not sure how I'd deal with them. What if I was tempted to say...'Go on then, do it....' And that is actually what my lecturer said she'd do and has done in the past...

Hmm I dont know. I wouldnt say that..being Muslim I just wouldnt..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.