/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the concept of "struggle" to Muslims

Mitko
10-20-2008, 01:54 AM
I am taking an Islamic religion class in my university and so far it is really interesting and insightful. I have a question for a paper I'm writing for the class to the Muslim community

"What does the concept of the greater Jihad mean to you? In detail the "struggle" in an Islamic sense -interior struggle for the faith and the community's struggle to resist assimilation and maintain group cohesion/identity?"

it would really help me if anyone can give me a detailed answer. I have to write about it but i need the Muslim perspective on the subject.

Thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mitko
10-20-2008, 03:54 PM
I would like to learn more about the greater Jihad and what it means to Muslims. More so to those who were not born in the west and have moved here. How do you describe this inner struggle. Is it in everyday life event? Living in the west does it have to do with "the community's struggle to resist assimilation and maintain group cohesion/identity?" I am not Muslim but I am interested in the Muslim perspective on this subject

Intisar
10-20-2008, 11:15 PM
:sl: Threads merged, finally, subhanAllaah. :exhausted

Hamayun
10-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Salam(Peace) Mitko,

This short video should explain the meaning of Jihad to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNrxYewhi0

Peace :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
10-21-2008, 03:59 PM
I am a revert living in a rural area of a sparsly populated state, so my answer will most likely differ from other Muslims.

To give you a short background, my wife and myself are the only 2 Muslims within 100 miles of where we live.

To us the greater Jihad consists of resisting the temptations of our former lives. It is not isolating our selves from our neighbors, it is a question of how to live productive Islamic lives and keep good relationships with our non-Muslim neighbors and friends. So far we have had no problems. We do conduct business, we do attend some community events. Our neighbors do understand that w e will not attend any events that involve things like alcohol, dancing, music. Then again it seems most of the people in this region are Mormons, Amish or Lutherans. They seem to accept the fact we will not infringe upon their rights to worship as they choose and they do not infringe upon ours.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.