/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What can I read

innocent
10-20-2008, 04:40 PM
To protect us and prevent any black magic having any affect on me and my family. Is there a specific surah for this?
Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
10-20-2008, 06:35 PM
yes nd if someone has black magic done to them how do u "get it out" ?

Güven
10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
The Protective Surah's

Surah Fatiha(1), Ichlaas(112) ,Nas(113) and falaq(114) And Ayatul Qursi(2:255) Would help much ! :)

:w:

Lonely Gal
10-21-2008, 07:47 AM
how does one find out if tharveez has been done on an individual?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
innocent
10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Jazakallah

Adiva
10-23-2008, 03:14 PM
:sl:

Ayatul Khursi is something i read all the time..and alhamdulillah it helps..i was wondering how many times the above has to be read?Is there a surah to bring deen into someones heart

:w:

INsearch
10-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Black magic? uhhh...... explain?

alcurad
10-24-2008, 01:08 AM
no such thing as black or white magic.
the only 'magic' that actually exists is the type spoken of in the qur'an in the story of prophet Moses, ie. illusion and 'seeing' things that are not there etc.
other than that, nothing called magic exists. no one can control events and people by mumbling and dancing around a tree and whatnot...
and there is no such thing as possession either, no proof for it in the qur'an or sunnah.
please consider carefully before believing in fables and myths, and consider more carefully the damage you're doing when you insert them in your belief in Islam as unquestionable truth.
the surest way to protect yourself from superstition is by not believing in it.

INsearch
10-24-2008, 01:10 AM
To protect us and prevent any black magic having any affect on me and my family. Is there a specific surah for this?
Thanks.
then why ask how to prevent it? or protect from it if its not real?^

alcurad
10-24-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm not sure what you mean:?

INsearch
10-24-2008, 01:25 AM
well the original post in this thread was about protection from black magic so if its not real why ask how to protect yourself from it?

alcurad
10-24-2008, 01:36 AM
surah 113 of the qur'an :Al Falaq (The Daybreak)
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

"Say: "I seek refuge in the Lord of Daybreak
From the evil of that which He created;
From the evil of the darkness when it is intense - or the darkness when the moon sets-,
And from the evil of the women who blow in knots- the evil of malignant witches-,
And from the evil of the envier when he envieth"."

the evils spoken of in the surah share one thing, all of them are thought to be evil or might lead to one to be wary of evil.

the darkness does not harm or cause evil by itself but it does invoke fear, and so to magic which is no more than illusions. consider the magicians of pharaoh "when they cast (their staves and ropes), they bewitched the eyes of the people and struck terror into them with the tremendous magic they produced.” (Quran, 7:115-117)
and so it was no more than bewitching the eyes, but the perceived evil from magic was and remains great nevertheless.

the same goes for the 'envier when he envies', as an envious person might seek to cause harm out of spite, and so the common denominator for the verses is seeking the protection of Allah from the possible effects of the things mentioned in the verses, which do not harm a person by themselves.

Woodrow
10-24-2008, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by INsearch
well the original post in this thread was about protection from black magic so if its not real why ask how to protect yourself from it?

:sl:

Although many of us have never found anything in the Qur'an, sunnah or Ahadeeth to support a belief in black magic. It must be remembered we are composed of people of all cultures. Sometimes the words use in one culture have a way of creeping into what is soon assumed to be genuine Islamic beliefs, when often they are cultural teachings.

I can not say with absolute certainty that "Black Magic" does not exist. But, I have not found anything to support that it does.

Now getting back to those Surah's. It is always good to read the Qur'an when one is troubled be the troubled real, imagined or caused by a cultural belief. A person who is troubled by anything is just as troubled if the cause is real or the result of error, imagination, or cultural. The cause is of little importance, the cure is and the Qur'an does help us through troubled times.

alcurad
10-24-2008, 01:44 AM
aye to that^

INsearch
10-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the replies guys :)

innocent
10-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks. I read the four quls and ayat ul kursi daily anyway.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.