they say it is, they say its not
they say its as dirty as pigs
bla bla bla

now out wit opinions nd on with facts !

lemme kno now!! ahem please :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
10-20-2008, 06:59 PM
well isn't all seafood Halal? :? Allahu A3lam, just wait for someone more knowledgable to come on inshallah :)

truemuslim
10-20-2008, 07:03 PM
so they say...............

hurry up smart ppl! the smell is cominn

brotherinfaith
10-20-2008, 07:05 PM
assalumo alaikom

as the prophet prayer of god upon him said 'howa tahouro maoho wa al hillo mitatoh' so everything which comes from sea as food is halal

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
10-20-2008, 07:10 PM
hmm
wat if they really are as dirty as pigs? :scared:

Güven
10-20-2008, 07:10 PM

I always thought that they were Halal but Allahu Alim !

Lawful to you is the pursuit of water-game and its use for food, for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel; but forbidden is the pursuit of land-game, as long as you are in the state of Ihram (for Hajj or Umrah). And fear ALLAH, to Whom you shall be gathered back. Al-Ma-ida: 96

And it is HE Who has subjected the sea (to you), that you may eat thereof fresh tender meat, and that you may extract out of it ornaments to wear. And you see the ships ploughing through it, that you may seek (thus) of the HIS bounty (by transporting the goods from place to place) and that you may be grateful.
An-Nahl: 14

And the two seas (kinds of water) are not alike: this is fresh, sweet and pleasant to drink, and that is salt and bitter. And from them both you eat fresh tender meat, and extract ornaments that you wear. And you see the ships cleaving (the sea water as they sail through it), that you may seek of HIS bounty, and that you may give thanks.
Fatir: 12

Saadet
10-21-2008, 12:08 AM
It is a contentious issue. I believe that three of the four madhabs say it's halal, but I'm not sure of the Hanafi position (I may be wrong, feel free to correct me). I believe the Hanafi position on shellfish is that they're makrooh or possibly haram. But shrimp are technically not shellfish, because whereas they have hard sections of exoskeleton, they don't have shells like crabs, lobsters or various oysters, clams and mussels.

'Abd-al Latif
10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
issit haram???

they say it is, they say its not
they say its as dirty as pigs
bla bla bla

now out wit opinions nd on with facts !

lemme kno now!! ahem please :D
:salamext:

All sea food are halal, except for those animals that may harm us such as octopuses and the like.

If there are animals that are both on land and on sea, such as aligator and the like then a different ruling applies on that.

brotherinfaith
10-21-2008, 12:22 AM
who said that octopuses are not hala brother ? the hadith didn't make any exceptions about the food which comes from the sea.
clear that please if you wish

'Abd-al Latif
10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherinfaith
who said that octopuses are not hala brother ? the hadith didn't make any exceptions about the food which comes from the sea.
clear that please if you wish
Don't Octopuses shoot/spray poison at their pray?

brotherinfaith
10-21-2008, 12:28 AM
yes they do but they are halal as everything which comes from the sea as the prophet prayers of god upon him said

'Abd-al Latif
10-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Are there any types of seafood that Muslims are not permitted to eat?

Praise be to Allaah.

Among the blessings that Allaah has bestowed upon us is the fact that He has made our religion easy for us, and has not made it too difficult or unbearable. He has allowed us many things that were forbidden according to previously-revealed laws. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you…” [al-Baqarah 2:185].

Hence all kinds of food from the sea are permissible, whether they are plants or animals, alive or dead. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Lawful to you is (the pursuit of) water-game and its use for food – for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel…” [al-Maa’idah 5:96]. Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “ Sayduhu (lit. hunting, pursuit) refers to whatever is taken from it alive, and ta’aamuhu (lit. its food) means whatever is taken dead.”

There are a few things – certain types of water animals – which some scholars exclude from the permission outlined above. These are:

Crocodiles. The correct view is that eating these is not allowed, because they have fangs and live on land – even though they may spend a lot of time in the water – so precedence should be given to the reason for forbidding it (it is a land animal that has fangs).

Frogs. It is not permitted to eat them because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade killing them, as is reported in the hadeeth of ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Uthmaan, who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the killing of frogs. (Narrated by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Maajah; see also Saheeh al-Jaami, 6970). The rule is that everything which we are forbidden to kill, we are not allowed to eat; if we are allowed to eat it we are allowed to kill it.

Some scholars exclude sea snakes, but the correct view is that as they live nowhere except in the water, we are permitted to eat them, because of the general nature of the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “Lawful to you is (the pursuit of) water-game and its use for food – for the benefit of yourselves …” [al-Maa’idah 5:96].

Otters and turtles. The correct view is that to be on the safe side, it is permissible to eat them after slaughtering them properly, because they live both on land and in the sea. Here the rule is that in the case of animals that live both on land and in the sea, the rules concerning land animals should be given precedence, to be on the safe side, so they must be slaughtered properly, except for crabs which do not need to be slaughtered, even though they live both on land and in the sea, because they do not have blood.

Everything that can cause harm is forbidden as food, even if it comes from the sea, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allaah is Most Merciful to you.” [al-Nisa’ 4:29] and: “… and do not throw yourselves into destruction…” [al-Baqarah 2:195].

(See al-Mughni, 11/83; Haashiyah al-Rawd, 7/430; Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/197; and Ahkaam al-At’imah by al-Fawzaan).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

جوري
10-21-2008, 12:38 AM
I believe you are not supposed to eat predator type animals.. I read that somewhere don't ask me to source it pls.

Also some sects (shiites) like the Jews don't eat shrimp or any crustacean as well one of the four mazahib, not sure which one..

Allah knows best..

p.s I think calamri is better tasting the octopus.. never tried octo but been with a friend in one of those ethnic resturants where the octopus came swimming in its own ink as a form os sauce.. that was enough to turn me off for life...

:w:

Saadet
10-21-2008, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Don't Octopuses shoot/spray poison at their pray?
Actually, octopi spray ink as a defense from predators. They use stealth and camoflauge to stalk their prey.

That said, there are four species of octopus ("blue-ringed") found in East Asia that are extremely poisonous. Though they're very small, their venom is a tetrodoxin which can easily kill humans.

Yanal
10-21-2008, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherinfaith
assalumo alaikom

as the prophet prayer of god upon him said 'howa tahouro maoho wa al hillo mitatoh' so everything which comes from sea as food is halal
Yes. But why only seafood even if cut horribly.
PS: how can you write and understand. Pm me if you know how I can learn.

Haron♥Islam
10-21-2008, 04:21 AM
some predators from the sea which eat so much meat, just like alligators, dogs, etc. why would you eat octopus! those are like deep sea creature, why not stick with fish - Protein :)

north_malaysian
10-21-2008, 05:17 AM
I love octopus....

the seller will clean the octopuses and you dont have to worry about the ink... but I think the octopuses in Malaysia are not poisonous....:exhausted

The best method to eat it..... boil it and dip it in "rojak" or "yong tau foo" sauces.... best eaten with boiled "kangkong" (water spinach?) leaves... the best part is the tentacle....

But it's rare to buy octopuses in the market... as most of those octopuses are sent to the seafood restaurants directly....

_Rida_
10-21-2008, 12:19 PM
i think shrimp is halal but i would not eat it it looks yucky!!

brotherinfaith
10-21-2008, 12:23 PM
yes shrimp is halla asallsee food is

north_malaysian
10-22-2008, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Diya
i think shrimp is halal but i would not eat it it looks yucky!!
yucky?... for me... it looks tasty!!! especially the grilled and tempura fried ones....

afzalaung
10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
From what I know,all from the sea is halal.
However, as far as I'm concerned, in Hanafi, only fish is Halal. The rest is considered MAKROOH.

I think however, fishes such as Fugu fish will be haram, due to its deadly poisonous-ness ,if prepared by unqualified chef.

Mikayeel
10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Among the blessings that Allaah has bestowed upon us is the fact that He has made our religion easy for us, and has not made it too difficult or unbearable. He has allowed us many things that were forbidden according to previously-revealed laws. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you…” [al-Baqarah 2:185].

Hence all kinds of food from the sea are permissible, whether they are plants or animals, alive or dead. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Lawful to you is (the pursuit of) water-game and its use for food – for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel…” [al-Maa’idah 5:96]. Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “ Sayduhu (lit. hunting, pursuit) refers to whatever is taken from it alive, and ta’aamuhu (lit. its food) means whatever is taken dead.”

There are a few things – certain types of water animals – which some scholars exclude from the permission outlined above. These are:

Crocodiles. The correct view is that eating these is not allowed, because they have fangs and live on land – even though they may spend a lot of time in the water – so precedence should be given to the reason for forbidding it (it is a land animal that has fangs).

Frogs. It is not permitted to eat them because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade killing them, as is reported in the hadeeth of ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Uthmaan, who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the killing of frogs. (Narrated by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Maajah; see also Saheeh al-Jaami, 6970). The rule is that everything which we are forbidden to kill, we are not allowed to eat; if we are allowed to eat it we are allowed to kill it.

Some scholars exclude sea snakes, but the correct view is that as they live nowhere except in the water, we are permitted to eat them, because of the general nature of the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “Lawful to you is (the pursuit of) water-game and its use for food – for the benefit of yourselves …” [al-Maa’idah 5:96].

Otters and turtles. The correct view is that to be on the safe side, it is permissible to eat them after slaughtering them properly, because they live both on land and in the sea. Here the rule is that in the case of animals that live both on land and in the sea, the rules concerning land animals should be given precedence, to be on the safe side, so they must be slaughtered properly, except for crabs which do not need to be slaughtered, even though they live both on land and in the sea, because they do not have blood.

Everything that can cause harm is forbidden as food, even if it comes from the sea, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allaah is Most Merciful to you.” [al-Nisa’ 4:29] and: “… and do not throw yourselves into destruction…” [al-Baqarah 2:195].

(See al-Mughni, 11/83; Haashiyah al-Rawd, 7/430; Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/197; and Ahkaam al-At’imah by al-Fawzaan).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

:threadclo

Here is an answer that should answer ur question :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!