/* */

PDA

View Full Version : compulsory and non compulsory prayers and shortening prayers while travelling

innocent
10-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Which sunnah prayers are optional? Is it permissible to leave any of the sunnah prayers?
When travelling how do you shorten your prayer?
Does it count as travelling if I am praying at work or if i am at a friend/relatives house?
Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
10-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Fiqh of worship by Yasir Qadhi, they talk about the five pillars including prayers. It will include answers to what you need to know about all give pillars.

Fiqh of Worship - Part 01

Fiqh of Worship - Part 02

Fiqh of Worship - Part 03

Fiqh of Worship - Part 04

Fiqh of Worship - Part 05

Fiqh of Worship - Part 06

~Taalibah~
11-15-2008, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
Which sunnah prayers are optional? Is it permissible to leave any of the sunnah prayers?
When travelling how do you shorten your prayer?
Does it count as travelling if I am praying at work or if i am at a friend/relatives house?
Thank you.
:sl:

It is said, it is best not to leave out the Sunnah Muaqada.

When traveling for a distance on more than a certain number of miles (someone who knows how many can say? it's slipped my memory..:hmm:) one should perform 2 Rakats Qasr salaah in the place of the Fardh salaah. The Sunnats can be left out, however Witr should still be read.

If work/friends etc are in your home town and less than ?? amount miles then, no.
:w:

noorseeker
10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
assalamalikum

im just carrying on from this thread. I live in birmingham, and want to go manchester tommorow

I just want to know how to perform the prayer, do i pray 2 rakats for asr, do i need to pray the 4 sunnat?

how do i pray maghrib?

I will be back in brum before isha, so do the rules of travelling apply, and how do i pray isha?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
10-26-2009, 06:20 PM
bump bump ,,,,,,,,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.