/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you work best Under Pressure or without?

Ansariyah
10-21-2008, 01:35 PM
:sl:

I have this habit, I don't do anything until a day ahead or so. & for some strange reason I pass too. I have come to realise that if I studied more I will not pass. But If I do it last minute "my brain kicks into the survival mode and I do great:-[. lol.

I understand things better when I am under pressure ...like I know that I have hours left be4 I hand in my assignments, or a day.

anybody have this? I should be happy I know, but wondering what u are all like. & there is one lil dwnside to this, If ur sick ur finished! & u''ll fail too. So dont try this at home/ or school.

get votin!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-21-2008, 01:39 PM
:wasalamex

I work the best under pressure for some reason.

And I have found that some of my best results are the outcome of last min and highly pressurised times....situations.

Physical pressure also, pushing yourself to the limit physically to meet deadlines, to get things done...works oh so well for me

WassalamuAlaykum

crayon
10-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I can work with both.. I usually am under no pressure, though, since I finish any work I have the same day it's assigned; I hate delaying things.

Nájlá
10-21-2008, 02:09 PM
i do well when i work under the pressure of ppl for some reason :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-21-2008, 02:10 PM
i dont work well either way

Musaafirah
10-21-2008, 02:14 PM
I seem to work better under pressure, and even then I seem to go out of my way to do other things rather than do the work. For example, I have this proposal due in tomorrow and it's supposed to be 1,500 words and I'm supposed to have read a few articles and stuff and I haven't even got past the first paragraph and you see me here!
Ooh.la.la. I wish I was a methodical person. I really really wanted this year to be my best year and I really wanted to be organised. But I just can't. I really can't do it!
So, to conclude I am a very very very last minute person. Oh.

maryam87
10-21-2008, 02:16 PM
its funny u ask, im now workin on my assignment due tommorow and it 1 am here lol
also i have my facebook and LI active so i dont fall asleep
Its a crazy world soo much to do with soo little time cant wait till i finish uni
I guess to answer ur question i really dont have a choice need to leave it till last minute since there is soo much work to do in other subjects

Re.TiReD
10-21-2008, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
I really really wanted this year to be my best year and I really wanted to be organised. But I just can't. I really can't do it!.
same ^^ :exhausted

LI man... :exhausted

Na7lah
10-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Ok i'm not slow and not a last person, i don't need pressure to finish but i do get lazy once in a while so i don't know what to vote for lol

Güven
10-21-2008, 05:46 PM
:skeleton:

I need pressure , and im not getting ANY!!!!!!!:enough!:

Sahabiyaat
10-21-2008, 05:49 PM
wow

u must have a wonderful life then

lets send some hit men after you. ^o), that get u busy akhee :D

i work without pressure.i need peace,calm, inspiration, and a cuppa tea.

truemuslim
10-21-2008, 05:49 PM
i neeeeeeeed pressure, 5 days after the due date is when i start thinking about starting on something (usually skool) nd when they never except it, i make them :Evil: nd i get a good ...........grade :)

tho ..........issit always good wit pressure?

i mean prayer u need someone after u after u till u finally get up nd go pray, by the time ur up its too late, thats pressure innit, i aint like that alhamdulillah :p .
it aint good last minute yo...well at least wen it comes to islam. but skool...yehh thats a whole diff story :D

Güven
10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
wow

u must have a wonderful life then

lets send some hit men after you. ^o), that get u busy akhee :D

i work without pressure.i need peace,calm, inspiration, and a cuppa tea.
oh thats sooo kind :D , I need pressure maybe i need to pressure myself ...uhm is that even possible ?:exhausted

Sahabiyaat
10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
erm

look in the mirror and shout at urself and about how u r going to fail.

my sister constantly reminds me of how i might fail if i take my time doing my work peacefully.that usually motivates me. lol.

Mikayeel
10-21-2008, 06:34 PM

for ma exams i need pressure! Like my exams are in (end)january, i would love to start revising now, but i simply can't

I will have to wait a months before exam time before i feel the pressure. Then i doo miracles lool :p

Güven
10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel

for ma exams i need pressure! Like my exams are in (end)january, i would love to start revising now, but i simply can't

I will have to wait a months before exam time before i feel the pressure. Then i doo miracles lool :p

ooooh sooo a LAST-MINUTE PERSON ...like me ??
kwl but it takes some risks ....well gotta take that risks then :p

Najm
10-21-2008, 07:02 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Pressure? Simple put yourself under pressure all the time. Most people do last minute and naturally you get used to it!!!...

If only they knew how inspiring, peaceful and harmonious it is when you study/work of revise, then surely no one would do last minute anymore. :-[

What you need is, a table, chair, for some a bed. Light coloured walls, great lighting, and no noise from brothers and sisters. Listen to a motivational recitation for 10 mins, and then you'll feel moivated to do anything. Time flies and you get so much done, SubhaanAllah :D

FiAmaaniAllah

BlissfullyJaded
10-22-2008, 02:15 AM

For the most part, I work under pressure. Unless it's a paper, which I'd start like 2 or 3 weeks before, or a group project when I'd start a few days after the other group members figure out what they wanna do.

Yanal
10-22-2008, 02:59 AM
I am both at certain times.
Isn't it that if you have work to do that is due tommorow that is easy but is hard and you leave it for the last moment.
Need study tips.
I pray and study and I am still getting most c+s while my friend.
Prays writes messy and works on homework at night is getting average 90 and he swears alot unlike me. Any suggestions how to do better?

Faseeha
10-22-2008, 08:15 AM
I also work best under pressure, leave assignments etc for last minute, usually the night or morning before. For example, I'm writing a final paper on friday and will only start studying for it later today. (Wednesday afternoon)

Snowflake
10-22-2008, 08:34 AM
I recently enrolled on a six month complimentary medicine course (hijamah) and it made me realise just what you students go through, lol. I need plenty of time so that if something better comes into my head, I'll have the time to edit my work. I did my last assignment under pressure (ramadan) and I remember writing a new opening paragraph for an essay and forgetting to edit the original one. I ended up submitting my essay with two opening paragraphs. :-[:-[:-[

S_87
10-22-2008, 01:03 PM
i work best under pressure last minute dot com

Liberty
11-04-2008, 12:15 PM
I voted slow studying but in all honesty, I'd say a mix of the two.
Sometimes I study last minute and I get surprisingly good grades as the pressure worked wonders. Other times whilst following the same studying routines, I don't do as well as I'd have liked. So I guess it depends on a number of things such as, which exam, mood, even things that may be going on in life..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.