/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my veiw of the world

anonymous
10-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Alhamdulilah there is good in the dunya, but im focusing on the filth that seems to outweigh the good. I mean in were man has come and impurified a lot of the good. Because of course the beauty Allah has placed in this dunya is unmatchable.

Fitnah. Everywhere. Left right and centre. Women uncovered, men chasing. Alcohol, music, cheating, lying, have all opened their doors wide open, for anyone to enter. Pure filth. In wealth, in lives, everywhere. So little beauty, no? Its just a chase to fulfill the desires. It’s a huge ocean where everyone seems to be drowning, except those who allah has saved, may allah make us amoung them.
But people. let’s talk about people for a sec. People competing. Wealth and reputation is the main race, the main “driver” of people. How people’s lives revolve around these two things! how people strive in competition for these things. Its like they eat sleep and BREATHE wealth and reputation. Who has the best looking, smartest kids. The highest paying jobs. Blah blah blah. Ugh!!!! Itsa frustrating and tiring and sad. It plants insincerity in people. Everyone is striving to please one another, hences the lies-as in boasting- over exaggerating what they have; making it sound as if what they have is THE best, when in reality it’s the same portion as everyone else. This is what ve noticed so many people lie/boast to one another so that THEY can be number one. So that THEY can stand out in the crowd. I wanna run. I wanna hide. but, I cant. Why cant people be more laid back, and stop worry about stupid trivial things. Why cant people just do things for themselves, and not because they fear how they’ll look infront of peope. Why cant people think for themselves. Why is soo little things based on honesty these days! Why the striving and competing. I feel so displaced.

And where do I stand, Iam left standing and fearing. fearing for myself. Fearing that’ll be caught and drowned in this ocean. That when/if I have a chance, ill grab the haram with both hands and that my ‘wild horse’ of a nafs will run off before I grab its reins or have the strength to. I fear that I cant/wont be able to discipline myself to the halaal and to stay away from the haram.
Believe you me, I have just “woken up” to reality. The reality that this word is a filthy place. Temptations everywhere. And since ive just woken up I therefore have no knowledge on how to deal with such trails. I fear that if im exposed to these, I will follow my nafs so readily, nothing will hold me back, and unto the rope of allah I will let go of…if I havnt already.

Ouch! :cry:imsad:( does anyone else feel like this :enough!:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
:sl:

Thread approved

Nicely written, and a reminders nd good adivce!

I feel like this all the time, that i got used to it :(

Zahida
10-22-2008, 04:33 PM
:sl:MahsAllah........... a very good expression of the way the world is. This is so true we have become "competitive" even with our own blood relations brothers/sisters............. we all want want want and we want to be the BEST!!!!!!!!!! This is so sad:cry:

My mother often says that the world has changed, i remind her it's not the world it's the people of the world.......... we have more devices/gadgets than before but the world is the same it is people who have changed. Where is the love and harmony????????? To be honest i feel there is none.

There are very few kind, compassionate and sincere people left in this world, I pray to Allah and His Rasool(PBUH) to correct Us and guide us. Ameen.

Good thread:thumbs_up:w:

Mikayeel
10-22-2008, 05:19 PM
:threadclo

Since you have posted the same post in general section i best close this one. Next time please post in one section :D

However that doesnt take away from the fact that the post is very goood, soo no infractions this time :D :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.