/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my veiw of the world

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2008, 11:36 AM
:sl:
ive posted this in the advice and support (as anon), so if you see it there too, dont be surprised :-[

Alhamdulilah there is good in the dunya, but im focusing on the filth that seems to outweigh the good. I mean in were man has come and impurified a lot of the good. Because of course the beauty Allah has placed in this dunya is unmatchable.

Fitnah. Everywhere. Left right and centre. Women uncovered, men chasing. Alcohol, music, cheating, lying, have all opened their doors wide open, for anyone to enter. Pure filth. In wealth, in lives, everywhere. So little beauty, no? Its just a chase to fulfill the desires. It’s a huge ocean where everyone seems to be drowning, except those who allah has saved, may allah make us amoung them.

But people. let’s talk about people for a sec. People competing. Wealth and reputation is the main race, the main “driver” of people. How people’s lives revolve around these two things! how people strive in competition for these things. Its like they eat sleep and BREATHE wealth and reputation. Who has the best looking, smartest kids. The highest paying jobs. Blah blah blah. Ugh!!!! Its frustrating and tiring and sad. It plants insincerity in people. Everyone is striving to please one another, hence the lies-as in boasting- over exaggerating what they have; making it sound as if what they have is THE best, when in reality it’s the same portion as everyone else. This is what ive noticed. so many people lie/boast to one another so that THEY can be number one. So that THEY can stand out in the crowd.

Why cant people be more laid back, and stop worry about stupid trivial things. Why cant people just do things for themselves, and not because they fear how they’ll look infront of peope. Why cant people think for themselves. Why is so little things based on honesty these days! Why the striving and competing. I feel so displaced.

And where do I stand, Iam left standing and fearing. fearing for myself. Fearing that’ll be caught and drowned in this ocean. That when/if I have a chance, ill grab the haram with both hands and that my ‘wild horse’ of a nafs will run off before I grab its reins or have the strength to. I fear that I cant/wont be able to discipline myself to the halaal and to stay away from the haram.

Believe you me, I have just “woken up” to reality. The reality that this word is a filthy place. Temptations everywhere. And since ive just woken up I therefore have no knowledge on how to deal with such trails. I fear that if im exposed to these, I will follow my nafs so readily, nothing will hold me back, and unto the rope of allah I will let go of…if I havnt already.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-22-2008, 11:40 AM
How can somebody who wrote such beautiful words, have too weak of a nafs to stand the trials of this dunya? The thoughts in your post were amazing, and so is the nafs contained within.

May Allah (swt) bless you in abundance sis. Ameen!

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2008, 11:46 AM
^jazakiallahu khair...:)
have too weak of a nafs to stand the trials of this dunya?
i wish i could say the same though :(

remember the poem...how she was ready to take the jewels because of her nafs and blackened heart...yeah that describes me pretty well :(

Re.TiReD
10-22-2008, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
^jazakiallahu khair...:)

i wish i could say the same though :(

remember the poem...how she was ready to take the jewels because of her nafs and blackened heart...yeah that describes me pretty well :(
:wasalamex

BarakAllah feeki.

Then she has to ask herself, why was her heart blackened? What could she do to purify it? Once it was purified would it be so tempted to sin? What is coming between her and repentance? Between her and her Lord?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2008, 11:51 AM
lol...she tries to do that...and she thinks :exhausted
but the flippin "jewels" keep on glistering and r 2 tempting :phew

but ur post deffo gave me something to think about :)

Re.TiReD
10-22-2008, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
lol...she tries to do that...and she thinks :exhausted
but the flippin "jewels" keep on glistering and r 2 tempting :phew

but ur post deffo gave me something to think about :)
:wasalamex

You have a choice in this dunya, to take the jewels now or to take them in the hereafter. Make your choice wisely sis *wub*

BarakAllah feeki

Hafswa
10-22-2008, 12:15 PM
The choices lies between what we value to be halal and haraam based on the virtues we receive from the Qu'ran .When people are busy trying to please and outwit each other, their main focus and guidance is definately not from God but from thier own selfish will and ambition. We are to be content with what we are blessed with .
Sis, don't grab this with open arms but be hestitant and ask what next. Once you open this door it will never be enough and the jewels will keep glittering brighter each time you grab.
I pray you make the right choice.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Sis, don't grab this with open arms but be hestitant and ask what next. Once you open this door it will never be enough and the jewels will keep glittering brighter each time you grab.
yeah, too true...the more you fall into sin, the more your nafs desires, and the more you cant control it.

its like people who over eat...like a real tasty meal:D like they're full and they know the more they eat the heaver theyll get and cant stand up :p ...but its too tasty and they want more...and suddenly the reality of overeating sets in and before they know it they cant move from their spot :ooh:

jazakiallahu khair for ur input :)

Re.TiReD
10-22-2008, 12:30 PM
But thats the diff between a mu'min and a kaafir...We try our best not to give in to temptation. Whether we succeed or not is a different matter, but how can those who know and those who do not know ever be equal? We know what is harmful for us...May Allah (swt) give us all the tawfeeq to keep away from such things. Ameen

Hafswa
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
but how can those who know and those who do not know ever be equal?
We can never be equal because what we know is based on holy virtues while the virtues of kaafirs are based on virtues from dunya-philosophies, human quotes and expressions etc.

Indeed " May Allah (swt) give us all the tawfeeq to keep away from such things. Ameen "

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.