/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'No God' slogans for London city's buses

KAding
10-22-2008, 11:57 AM
'No God' slogans for city's buses

Bendy-buses with the slogan "There's probably no God" could soon be running on the streets of London.

The atheist posters are the idea of the British Humanist Association (BHA) and have been supported by prominent atheist Professor Richard Dawkins.

The BHA planned only to raise £5,500, which was to be matched by Professor Dawkins, but it has now raised more than £36,000 of its own accord.

It aims to have two sets of 30 buses carrying the signs for four weeks.

The complete slogan reads: "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

As the campaign has raised more than anticipated, it will also have posters on the inside of buses as well.

The BHA is also considering extending the campaign to cities including Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh.

Professor Dawkins said: "Religion is accustomed to getting a free ride - automatic tax breaks, unearned respect and the right not to be offended, the right to brainwash children.

This campaign to put alternative slogans on London buses will make people think - and thinking is anathema to religion
Professor Richard Dawkins
"Even on the buses, nobody thinks twice when they see a religious slogan plastered across the side.

"This campaign to put alternative slogans on London buses will make people think - and thinking is anathema to religion."

Hanne Stinson, chief executive of the BHA, said: "We see so many posters advertising salvation through Jesus or threatening us with eternal ****ation, that I feel sure that a bus advert like this will be welcomed as a breath of fresh air.

"If it raises a smile as well as making people think, so much the better."

But Stephen Green of pressure group Christian Voice said: "Bendy-buses, like atheism, are a danger to the public at large.

Bendy-buses, like atheism, are a danger to the public at large
Stephen Green of pressure group Christian Voice
"I should be surprised if a quasi-religious advertising campaign like this did not attract graffiti.

"People don't like being preached at. Sometimes it does them good, but they still don't like it."

However the Methodist Church said it thanked Professor Dawkins for encouraging a "continued interest in God".

Spirituality and discipleship officer Rev Jenny Ellis said: "This campaign will be a good thing if it gets people to engage with the deepest questions of life."

She added: "Christianity is for people who aren't afraid to think about life and meaning."

The buses with the slogans will run in Westminster from January.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...on/7681914.stm

Published: 2008/10/21 14:34:33 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
I wouldn't waste my money on it, but if others want to, all the more power to them! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
10-22-2008, 04:09 PM
If I had my way, all bus posters would be advertising the Dark Knight.

My goodness, they were fantastic.

These just seem a waste of money and rather petty in my opinion. 'Bleh, take this, religious people!' I wouldn't find them offensive, mind. Just demonstrative of what I find to be a schoolboy mentality in these particular type of Affronted Athiests (TM) - the nerd's revenge.

I'd also say a religious slogan on a bus is a waste of money because it would be ignored. Better to spend that money on something constructive, like charity or a homeless shelter etc.

barney
10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
What a great idea!

KAding
10-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I have at one point considered becoming a member of the Dutch Humanist Society. They run ads on radio as well, their slogans are something like "Humanism: believing in people" and "thinking for yourself, living together".

Maybe I should stop giving to useless charities like 'Doctors without Borders' and 'World Wildlife Fund' and invest in humanism instead ;p.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
^^ sounds like a good idea, maybe they can upgrade with the money? bus ads just seem a little low budget & declasse....

barney
10-22-2008, 08:59 PM

GoGo! Rationalitybus!

جوري
10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
lol that bus doesn't seem very populated?

Hamayun
10-22-2008, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Khan
"All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer
If anything the bus will get more people thinking about the existence of God and their search will Insha'Allah lead them to the truth of life.

This is exactly how most people find Islam and revert :)

That slogan is a blessing in disguise lol. Ever heard of reverse psychology? The word "probably" is enough to do the job lol :D

Go go bendy bus :clever:

جوري
10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
not sure why it says 'stop worrying' I think atheists have more to worry about than theists? unless basically he is giving them a carte blanche to commit all sorts of abominations.. in which case, I think he should change the 'probably' to 'most definitely' -- you know for unequivocal assurance

Amadeus85
10-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Emmanuel Todd, french liberal philosopher wrote that many of the problems of modern society are caused by the post- religious attitude. The lack of political visions,lies in political life, the unwilling to perform needed reforms, the distrust towards political scene. People who question everything dont believe in their own words too. Not to mention(according to another Frenchman,Michel Houellebecq) that the secularization of our lives and counter culture have made Love(especially children' love to parents who change their partners many times) as something that we dont get unconditionally but we must court for it against parents' partners.

alcurad
10-22-2008, 10:37 PM
^hark atheists.

also, 'humanist' values were derived from religion-christianity- to begin with, and so why not try to deconstruct them...oh wait, already done that, nvermind.

Snowflake
10-22-2008, 10:47 PM
so far there's no evidence to suggest the adverts are achieving any purpose - unlike the islamic ones in Chigaco : ))

islambus?t1224715146 -

CTA buses carry ads from Islamic group
—Noreen S. Ahmed-Ullah
October 15, 2008
So you've heard about finding love on the 151 bus. How about finding religion?

That's exactly what a few Chicagoans have discovered after seeing Chicago Transit Authority buses rolling past them with giant advertisements for Islam.

A Chicago-area Muslim group called Gain Peace has spent $29,900 to place signs on 25 CTA buses serving the North Side in a monthlong campaign organizers hope will help dispel misconceptions about Islam.

The sign caught Moses Robinson's eye. A 38-year-old Gary resident who works for a software company, he saw one of the buses on Canal Street when he left his office on a break. "Everything clicked into place," he said. After calling the number on the side of the bus and meeting with Gain Peace, he converted to Islam the next day.

Of course, most people interviewed at CTA bus stops downtown Tuesday hadn't even noticed the ads. And one rider thought they were inappropriate, although CTA officials say they see no problem as other ad campaigns on CTA vehicles have featured religious themes or messages.

Gain Peace says the campaign has been a success

"We've had eight conversions, close to 400 calls and we've had close to 75,000 hits on our Web site in one week," said Sabeel Ahmed, the director for Gain Peace.

In fact, it's going so well, the group just bought six more weeks of ads.

:D

The_Prince
10-23-2008, 01:04 AM
im sick of these secular humanists.

and ppl right now arent worried about God, but are worried about the econamy crisis and whether they can feed their kids tommorow and be able to pay for their homes! perhaps these secular humanists could point that out, instead of attacking straw mans.

The_Prince
10-23-2008, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
so far there's no evidence to suggest the adverts are achieving any purpose - unlike the islamic ones in Chigaco : ))

CTA buses carry ads from Islamic group
—Noreen S. Ahmed-Ullah
October 15, 2008
So you've heard about finding love on the 151 bus. How about finding religion?

That's exactly what a few Chicagoans have discovered after seeing Chicago Transit Authority buses rolling past them with giant advertisements for Islam.

A Chicago-area Muslim group called Gain Peace has spent $29,900 to place signs on 25 CTA buses serving the North Side in a monthlong campaign organizers hope will help dispel misconceptions about Islam.

The sign caught Moses Robinson's eye. A 38-year-old Gary resident who works for a software company, he saw one of the buses on Canal Street when he left his office on a break. "Everything clicked into place," he said. After calling the number on the side of the bus and meeting with Gain Peace, he converted to Islam the next day.

Of course, most people interviewed at CTA bus stops downtown Tuesday hadn't even noticed the ads. And one rider thought they were inappropriate, although CTA officials say they see no problem as other ad campaigns on CTA vehicles have featured religious themes or messages.

Gain Peace says the campaign has been a success

"We've had eight conversions, close to 400 calls and we've had close to 75,000 hits on our Web site in one week," said Sabeel Ahmed, the director for Gain Peace.

In fact, it's going so well, the group just bought six more weeks of ads.

:D
i know brother Sabeel Ahmed :D maybe one day we will set some debates up in Chicago.

czgibson
10-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Greetings,

Weird. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

One side of me says: "Well, if religions are allowed to advertise, then why not atheism?"

But that's immediately countered by two things:

1. Atheism isn't a religion

2. Advertising looks like a sign of weakness. The truth should become evident to people through thinking, and should stand or fall on its own merits. The more I see a product advertised, the less inclined I am to buy it.

However, it will provoke discussion (and hopefully thought), which can only be a good thing. It also reminds people, in Britain at least, that the atheists are a sizable group.

Peace

coddles76
10-23-2008, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
lol that bus doesn't seem very populated?
lololololol Thanks for the Laugh Skye I needed that

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 09:23 AM
1. Atheism isn't a religion
That's very interesting, for just recently, I got learned (not by Islamic, but secular atheist teachers and book) that there are quite a lot who see it as a religion, or define it so to say. Depending on how you define the word religion.

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Atheism is a religion. It is based on one's own beliefs.

SixTen
10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
Atheism is a religion. It is based on one's own beliefs.
Not quite, you and I are atheist towards Santa clause, Zeus, The Saturn God, the Hindu Gods, and many others, would you call that religious (the disbelief in those deities)?

Religious, would be someone who

Having or showing belief in and reverence for God or a deity.
Of, concerned with, or teaching religion: a religious text.
Extremely scrupulous or conscientious: religious devotion to duty.
Since, an atheist has none of those qualities, he can not be deemed religious.

Malaikah
10-23-2008, 09:42 AM
:sl:

What a waste of money. It achieves nothing at all, it is just pathetic. Hopefully what was mentioned earlier proves true and it makes people remember and draw closer to God.

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Religion, with the definition that makes some see Atheism as a religion, roughly translated from my Swedish notes:

a thought-system that tries to explain that which we can't comprehend with our senses and that can't always be explained through rational thinking

includes all beliefs, everything from those who believe in one God only to those that do not believe at all that there exists a God/gods

describes often a God/gods, world's coming, human's role and ethics science

some even include for example, humanism and atheism as religion

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 09:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
Not quite, you and I are atheist towards Santa clause.
No I'm not. :-\

Santa got me loads of toys when I was a kid.

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Regarding that slogan, it almost sounds sarcastic to me.

And also, it could affect people after readin', thinkin' "But what if there is?" 'cause many of us try to become rebellious to what's said through the media, whatever forms they come in.

aamirsaab
10-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I think Dawkins is in need of a hug. I mean, he'd get loads if he said the shahadah, but oh well. Guess he'll have to do with bus slogans.

SixTen
10-23-2008, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I think Dawkins is in need of a hug. I mean, he'd get loads if he said the shahadah, but oh well. Guess he'll have to do with bus slogans.
Haha

SixTen
10-23-2008, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Religion, with the definition that makes some see Atheism as a religion, roughly translated from my Swedish notes:

a thought-system that tries to explain that which we can't comprehend with our senses and that can't always be explained through rational thinking

includes all beliefs, everything from those who believe in one God only to those that do not believe at all that there exists a God/gods

describes often a God/gods, world's coming, human's role and ethics science

some even include for example, humanism and atheism as religion

Unless the "atheists" made a supernatural claim, to explain it, it can't be religious. Secondly, atheists don't claim to know everything (most don't, or atleast, none of them should), they just don't accept God as a valid reason for it.

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM
But there are those who say it is a religion, which I find ironic but at the same time, interesting arguments they do have. Anyways, just wanted it pointed out, I end my part here before I get all off-topic, which I sometimes tend to.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2008, 10:06 AM
what a stupid dea :-\

i mean the only people that would probably pay attention to it are those who don't believe in god anyway...i mean you either believe in god and would hence ignore it, or don't believe in god, and thus agree with it...so "stop worrying and get on with life" wouldn't really apply to anyone...:-\

and really, a bus slogan :S

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:13 AM
lol *gets graffiti read* gonna be spraying that "but Allah" after the "no god" like np ;D

crayon
10-23-2008, 10:34 AM
It would be amusing if people who believed in God (muslims, christians, jews, sikhs, etc) got together and did some sort of counter-ad campaign.

As for these ads, I guess I'm indifferent to them.. If you're going to doubt the existence of God, you don't need a bus ad to help you along.

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
lol *gets graffiti read* gonna be spraying that "but Allah" after the "no god" like np ;D
Excellent idea lol :D

DAWUD_adnan
10-23-2008, 10:52 AM
"No God", good then that's half of shahada :D

Edit:

Beaten!

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2008, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon

As for these ads, I guess I'm indifferent to them.. If you're going to doubt the existence of God, you don't need a bus ad to help you along.
i was thinking the same thing. i mean is someone gna really look at the bus and think 'the bus has spoken.' :p lol

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 11:02 AM
^ Hahaha, "The Bus has spoken"...

Anyways, I'm pretty indifferent to this aswell. Couldn't care less actually, but those darn bus tickets, expensive.

root
10-23-2008, 02:05 PM
I support the campaign and donated. I think it's a definitive start of atheists organising themselves. They were looking for donations for 5,500 to pay for the advert. It currently stands at 86,328.82.

As for atheism being a religion, I guess we will find out soon since Religions in the UK and most of the world enjoy a special privelidge of being tax free, if atheism organised and reached the point of applying for tax free status I can quite believe those that call themselves a religion will suddenly claim atheism is not, which I think they will win. Religion claims to be absolute truth, atheism does not and that's the whole point to having "Probably" in the campaign, like science, nothing is absolute.

The link for the fund raising income status is:

http://www.justgiving.com/atheistbus

Brother_Mujahid
10-23-2008, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
I support the campaign and donated. I think it's a definitive start of atheists organising themselves. They were looking for donations for 5,500 to pay for the advert. It currently stands at 86,328.82.
What a waste of money, you might aswell burn it rather than giving to crappy causes like that.

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Lol this is quite hilarious. But to each their own I guess.

As long as they dont stop the Islamic Relief adverts on the main road where I live then all's good.

aamirsaab
10-23-2008, 02:13 PM
The link for the fund raising income status is:

http://www.justgiving.com/atheistbus
Your money would be better spent on starving ethiopians :).

Brother_Mujahid
10-23-2008, 02:17 PM
or orphans.

Its charity week, you must be in a generous mood here help an orphan...

http://www.justgiving.com/cwdmu

Thank you for helping.

Muezzin
10-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Spending money can starve ethiopians?

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Religion claims to be absolute truth, atheism does not and that's the whole point to having "Probably" in the campaign, like science, nothing is absolute.
Really? Atheism doesn't absolutely claim there is not a God, which is an absolute "truth"?

I'm confused, I thought the "probably" part belongs to Agnosticism. Though, lately been hearin' about "weak" or "strong" atheism, maybe the "probably" part belongs to the "weaker" atheism? Do you understand? I only wish to learn, maybe there are good links?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Thisis utter nonsense....it wouuldd be more productive to spend your money where it's needed! At least you'd be saving a life...subhanAllah.

KAding
10-23-2008, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

What a waste of money. It achieves nothing at all, it is just pathetic. Hopefully what was mentioned earlier proves true and it makes people remember and draw closer to God.
Is it any more pathetic than religious advertising?

In fact, why do you think it is 'pathetic' to advertise in the first place?

KAding
10-23-2008, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Thisis utter nonsense....it wouuldd be more productive to spend your money where it's needed! At least you'd be saving a life...subhanAllah.
Well said, all this time and money spent debating religion (or in fact practicing it) could be much better spend feeding Ethiopians! Why have debates on whether you can pick your nose during Ramadan if you can be productive instead? :thankyou:

Muezzin
10-23-2008, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Well said, all this time and money spent debating religion (or in fact practicing it) could be much better spend feeding Ethiopians! Why have debates on whether you can pick your nose during Ramadan if you can be productive instead? :thankyou:
Strawmen belong in fields :p

We're talking about advertising on a bus. Personally, I think even 'religious' advertising is a waste of money. Unless of course there is a contact number like that 'Islam bus'. If these adverts include clear, large contact details to promote discussion, I wouldn't consider them a waste of money.

If all they're saying is 'Hey, I'm going to attempt to ram my philosophy down your throat, because I am a petty, tit-for-tat kind of banner, have a nice day!', I'd say that is a waste of money.

KAding
10-23-2008, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Hehe, fair enough, I apologize.

We're talking about advertising on a bus. Personally, I think even 'religious' advertising is a waste of money. Unless of course there is a contact number like that 'Islam bus'. If these adverts include clear, large contact details to promote discussion, I wouldn't consider them a waste of money.

If all they're saying is 'Hey, I'm going to attempt to ram my philosophy down your throat, because I am a petty, tit-for-tat kind of banner, have a nice day!', I'd say that is a waste of money.
I just think it's a bit rich that religious people (who excel at preaching generally) criticize this as "pathetic". Is it "pathetic" to do da'wa?

Pk_#2
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM

I just think it's a bit rich that religious people (who excel at preaching generally) criticize this as "pathetic". Is it "pathetic" to do da'wa?
That's not da'wah man, we don't sell our religion. And we definately don't stik 'Islam' on a bus. Wa the heck, I int religious ...but even I know that THIS is not da'wah...

We dun need a bus to tell people that Islaam is the truth,

Truth stands out clear from Error/Falsehood (Al-Qur'an) =)

Muezzin
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
It's quite all right.

If said da'wa is on a bus, with no visible contact details, I'd call it useless. 'Pathetic' is not the word I'd use, for religious or atheistic advertising, or commercials in general. They either serve their purpose or they don't. In the case of advertising a philosophy, I consider it a bit of a blunder if all it does is communicate the existence of that philosophy, with no further means of contact etc.

But hey, the only sort of viral marketing I like is for movies. Now to see what that 'banned' Saw V bus poster looks like...

KAding
10-23-2008, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
That's not da'wah man, we don't sell our religion.
I disagree, thats exactly what many religions do. They try to spread/sell their message. Religions aren't much different from, say, politicians on this matter.

And we definately don't stik 'Islam' on a bus.
Define "we", since this certainly looks like 'Islam' being stuck on a bus:

Wa the heck, I int religious ...but even I know that THIS is not da'wah...

We dun need a bus to tell people that Islaam is the truth,

Truth stands out clear from Error/Falsehood (Al-Qur'an) =)
Agreed, "the truth is out there", may the most convincing win converts ;).

Pk_#2
10-23-2008, 04:07 PM
I disagree, thats exactly what many religions do. They try to spread/sell their message. Religions aren't much different from, say, politicians on this matter.
Mmm Hmm

Define "we", since this certainly looks like 'Islam' being stuck on a bus:
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k...g?t=1224715146
Oooh how very dare you! *Boycotts google*

I dun do definitions, that's the job of a lexicographer, me? Ima angel (Not the Christmas tree decoration with wings, just the halo..)

Agreed, "the truth is out there", may the most convincing win converts ;).
Oh that's a good wan mate, Ima use that in future..=P

root
10-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Really? Atheism doesn't absolutely claim there is not a God, which is an absolute "truth"?

I'm confused, I thought the "probably" part belongs to Agnosticism. Though, lately been hearin' about "weak" or "strong" atheism, maybe the "probably" part belongs to the "weaker" atheism? Do you understand? I only wish to learn, maybe there are good links?
I am not surprised at all, since this is the loophole ALL religions seek to exploit. Next time you drop something on the floor and it fall's to the floor get this.......

"It is probably due to gravity"........

Work it out for yourself, absolute is only employed by religion.....

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 05:44 PM
^^ You do love quoting gravity don't you? lol.

brotherinfaith
10-23-2008, 05:46 PM
peace upon those who follow the guidance

i just want to say that anyone is free to believe what they want and '' perhaps no god exists'' was told by the nations before those now and that is not something which will ever offend someone who knows that what he believes is the truth.
and talking about da'wa it's our respobsability as individuals and as a nation to inform people about the truth and preaching is not the only way to do we can do it on busses walls buildings everywhere.what most ignore is that in every moment we live in our life we are performing da'wa to god's religions and truth and as god said '' god guides those he wishes '' and he said ''it's not up to you to guide them but god guides those he wishes '' and our mission is to be witnesses on every individual who will try to find excuses when he meets god.we are here for a mission and a message to convey and we do that in every way and we don't expect any approval from anyone or any praise and we don't care about any critics for sure there will come a day when those who ignore the message of god will be sorry for that and that day will be hard for the muslims who neglected their mission and followed those who chose the wrong way.
you don't have to obey the laws but when you break a law you will be punished and that logic which man uses is the same as god uses as god is the one who created us.
just a brief comment about that slogan western societies are just reacting to their hard experience with the church and deep inside they believe that god and faith is what makes people miserable that's why the slogan perhaps god doesn't exist so enjoy your life.in our religion we didn't learn to obey our of fear but we believed because we knew it's the truth and our prophet taught us to love god before fearing him and we know that our life without god will never have any sense or meaning.

جوري
10-23-2008, 05:50 PM
militant atheists are good at repeating slogans, actually you can see how zealous(y) works from the entire spectrum when you encounter one of them... bewilders me really why they don't Chanel their choleric remarks where it would be relaxing and virtually appealing? say on the next bus..perhaps their irrelevant existence would be immortalized in that fashion, as their efforts seem rather wasted on a forum about theology....
But I guess acting out and peddling the same inane platitudes has some sort of therapeutic value for known neurotics!

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Atheists find comfort in the mocking religion to get approval from fellow Atheists.

Probably gives them a sense of security...

czgibson
10-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Greetings,
That's correct. Atheism is a belief, not a fact.

I'm confused, I thought the "probably" part belongs to Agnosticism.
The agnostic position is: "I don't know whether or not there is a god".

Though, lately been hearin' about "weak" or "strong" atheism, maybe the "probably" part belongs to the "weaker" atheism? Do you understand? I only wish to learn, maybe there are good links?
The "probably" belongs to both. Even a strong atheist (like me) can never be 100% sure that they're right.

Peace

Muezzin
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Hey come on, people, slagging off athiests is beyond the bounds of this topic. And it's rude.

I am not surprised at all, since this is the loophole ALL religions seek to exploit. Next time you drop something on the floor and it fall's to the floor get this.......

"It is probably due to gravity"........

Work it out for yourself, absolute is only employed by religion.....
I don't need to point out the irony in this statement do I? :)

NobleMuslimUK
10-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Salaam all, its been a while since I been on.
Britain is a free society, and this is freedom of speech expression. I dont see it offending anyone unless they are insecure about their belief. As for these type of ads well they are not what you see they are subliminal sort of advertising, something that sits in the subconscious of the mind.

Last time I checked Islam encourages thinking and promotes free will. I see the atheist argument as a very weak one this further shows weakness and insecurity to post such slogans on a bus. Plus what a waste of money.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-24-2008, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

na3am, thats what i meant. JazakAllah Khair.

Fishman
10-24-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't think it will make much difference. As said above, people don't suddenly go 'the bus has spoken!' and change religion. people will just get a bit annoyed about it and it will attract attention, before disappearing into obscurity. Same with that 'Islam' bus.

barney
10-24-2008, 04:57 PM
If religion can do it....

Muezzin
10-25-2008, 04:50 PM
^Strawman. They're both outside their respective places of worship, not on public transport.

But I've already made myself clear on my opinions about religious or atheistic bus adverts.

At least it ain't my money.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.