/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Im new, and very interested in this religion

buddy1
10-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi all,

Im Linzua, Im from the uk, i have many many friends that follow this interesting religion and it is becoming a very powerful religion in the area I live in, they are building a HUGE mosque not to far from my home so its making a huge impact on the comunity in which i live in.

I have really only joined this forum for the educational purposes. i do not really follow any religion (i was simply not taught as a child) but i take a great interest in religion, Islam being my fave topic.

I hope you dont mind me joining, Im just very intrigued! :-[

Best wishes to you all!

Linz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kwolney01
10-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the forum!! :D

I am a recent revert to Islam from Christianity. Like you, I wasn't really taught it growing up I kind of had to find my own way to religion. Islam is a beautiful religion to learn about and understand. I also had a lot of Muslim friends (unfortunately they weren't practicing as they should) and that is how I was introduced to Islam. I started learning more and more and finally realized that it felt right that it was the truth.

I wish you the best and feel free to go ahead and ask as many questions as you'd like. Everyone here is nice and are willing to help you!!

Enjoy!!! :D

Mikayeel
10-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow!, we all love to have you onboard :D Get used to the forum , nd feel free to ask

Hamayun
10-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Sister :)

You came to the right place. Everyone is really helpful. All you have to do is ask :)

You could start by reading here http://www.islam-guide.com/

Peace :peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
seeker-of-light
10-22-2008, 10:49 PM
salaam! welcome^^i am a new muslim convert so i am still learning as well:)

buddy1
10-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks everybody, I have to say I was a bit weary of intruding!!

Thanks though!!! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi !!

welcome to the forum :D

Nájlá
10-23-2008, 10:20 AM
welcome to the forum :)

enjoy....

Pk_#2
10-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Haallo,

Welcome =)

Hope you enjoy the food here, it's 100% halal

Yummeh scrummeh.

S1aveofA11ah
10-23-2008, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buddy1
Hi all,

Im Linzua, Im from the uk, i have many many friends that follow this interesting religion and it is becoming a very powerful religion in the area I live in, they are building a HUGE mosque not to far from my home so its making a huge impact on the comunity in which i live in.

I have really only joined this forum for the educational purposes. i do not really follow any religion (i was simply not taught as a child) but i take a great interest in religion, Islam being my fave topic.

I hope you dont mind me joining, Im just very intrigued! :-[

Best wishes to you all!

Linz
Hi Linzua,

Welcome to this forum!.

My personal belief is that if eveyone understood what Islam is then they would all accept it (and become Muslims) and I wish the same for you!. Answer these simple questions please:-

Does the one, true God (we Muslims call him 'Allah' which is 'God' in Arabic) exist?. If you believe 'yes' then surely he alone should be worshipped by us humans (because he is so great - nothing is greater than him) without any equals, rivals, partners etc.?. This is Islam in a nutshell - to worship the Creator ('God' or 'Allah') and not the creation!. This act of worship or submission to the will of Allah is Islam and it gives the worshipper true inner (and outer) peace. It is very easy to become a Muslim - one only has to utter the 'Shahaada' or 'testimony of faith' which is : None has the right to be worshipped except Allah alone and Muhammad is his servant and messenger. I'm sure if you contemplate that testimony itself for some time you will see much truth and beauty in it!.

Ask yourself that simple question with honesty - does God exist and if so surely he ALONE deserves to be worshipped.

Its like understanding racism to be evil for example. If you know people are born whatever colour they are (and they can't choose their colour) then you realise that its just a natural part of humanity - we come in different colours. The neo-Nazi racists like the KKK or BNP don't understand this and hence we see evil and chaos from them.

And for the one understanding and accepting this religion - well the benefits are TOO numerous for me to list here. Just a very few:

(1) A life free of materialistic slavery - in Islam the "rich person is the happy person" - not the one with the biggest bank account.

(2) A life free of intoxicants - alcohol and smoking and all drugs are not allowed.

(3) The ability to really be yourself as you don't do things to get praise from others or live a life for others - only for Allah.

I pray you understand Islam and become a Muslim (ameen)*.

* Note everytime the Muslims write 'ameen' - usually in brackets - it just means 'may Allah accept it'; sort of like a closing prayer very similar to the Christian saying 'Amen'.

buddy1
10-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Thank you for that!!

i struggle to beleive anything to be completely honest, I have seen so many bad things happen to me and others around me and I just think if there was someone there, be it, God, Allah, Gnesh or whoever why would they let such bad things happen to the people i love or the people they love?

Im not just talking about death, because i beleive that everyone has a time, and my grandfather died suddenly in May at the age of 85 and i beleive he had a very good life and that was simply his time to go. but Im talking about children dying, earthquakes, cancer and other terminal illnesses? who gets to decide who deserves what?!?

i dont want this to sound horrible or rude in anyway but i have had so many friends and family members taken away from me so suddenly i find it hard to beleive in anything.

Maybe someone else can shed some light?
:)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:03 PM
^ look at how happy the people on this forum are! yet we dont see the hard times

at the same time, we see how miserable the people of suffering countries are! yet we dont see the happy times (even if it might be less i kno is most likely)

thing im pointing out at is, we dont know in what way God is helping people out.

You can appear to be the happiest and most content and still be empty and suffering! and you can appear to be caged/tortured but be content! our past scholars have written many poetry speaking about such situations where normally one would expect to feel agony but due to the help of God they felt good !

the worst thing is to suffer without believing in God, that way your just lost...

buddy1
10-23-2008, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
^ look at how happy the people on this forum are! yet we dont see the hard times

at the same time, we see how miserable the people of suffering countries are! yet we dont see the happy times (even if it might be less i kno is most likely)

thing im pointing out at is, we dont know in what way God is helping people out.

You can appear to be the happiest and most content and still be empty and suffering! and you can appear to be caged/tortured but be content! our past scholars have written many poetry speaking about such situations where normally one would expect to feel agony but due to the help of God they felt good !

the worst thing is to suffer without believing in God, that way your just lost...
That sums me up pretty well, I am lost, very lost indeed, I have never followed a faith and sometimes I wish i did and sometimes I am glad i didnt, I have had some bad experiences in the past and been treated very unfairly, my father is a very selfish man and not so long ago disowned me because his wife told him i was not worth it, (my parents have been divorced a long time)

The main reason I have joined this group is because my boyfriend of 1 year is aa muslim, and although he doesnt follow it strictly if we decided we wanted to get married i would have to convert. so i wanted to investigate. I just need the guidance and the hope that i can beleive something. :(

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buddy1
Thank you for that!!

i struggle to beleive anything to be completely honest, I have seen so many bad things happen to me and others around me and I just think if there was someone there, be it, God, Allah, Gnesh or whoever why would they let such bad things happen to the people i love or the people they love?

Im not just talking about death, because i beleive that everyone has a time, and my grandfather died suddenly in May at the age of 85 and i beleive he had a very good life and that was simply his time to go. but Im talking about children dying, earthquakes, cancer and other terminal illnesses? who gets to decide who deserves what?!?

i dont want this to sound horrible or rude in anyway but i have had so many friends and family members taken away from me so suddenly i find it hard to beleive in anything.

Maybe someone else can shed some light?
:)
Sister its not how you think.

Allah says that every little pain or suffering you go through in this world washes away your sins in the next world. You are compensated for your suffering in this world. The life of this world is nothing but a quick passing test.

So although you see those people dying and think "How unfair". You have no Idea what Allah has planned for them.

Dying is nothing more than a Journey from this temporary life to the real life.

May Allah forgive me if I have said anything inaccurate. Allah knows best.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:16 PM
^ bf/gf relationships arent allowed in islam... cause it can lead to fornication, and fornication in islaam means even to look at a girl lustfully, to gaze at her with your eyes, to touch her with your hands or walk towards her with your feet intending bad things...

and buddy, islam is the belief in One God, to accept his final messenger and submit fully to him...

if your lost, then only God can guide you.

so ask him for it..

buddy1
10-23-2008, 10:18 PM
sounds like alot of sense, I just miss my grandfather alot, my father was absent in most of my childhood and the adulthood i have experienced so far and my grandfather guided me like a father figure, now he is gone i feel like i have nothing left of him, i cant even remember him anymore.

Im crying while writing this, its just so frustrating.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:23 PM
^ i know nows not the time to joke around but i can try be like him :D:

"buddy... follow your heart! you know right from wrong, you dont need another person to tell you! your heart is telling you all the time! so abandon what you feel is wrong and strive for what is right"

was that anywhere close? :-[

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Sister its life. Everything has a due date. Not just humans.

We all have to die. It could have been you or me.

The most important thing is to look around and see how lucky you are!!!

There are people who have nothing compared to you. I look around me and all I see is favours from God.

Every breath you take. Every time your heart beats. Every time you smile. Every grain of food you eat. Every glass of cool, clean water you drink.... Its a gift to you. Now ask yourself. What have you done to deserve it? I ask myself all the time.

buddy1
10-23-2008, 10:28 PM
They are all so very valid points you all make, I think I need to make the decisions sooner rather than later, Its just something I just dont feel like im ready make just yet. I think I will continue my learning and then I should know when i have learnt enough to make my decision do you agree????? :)

ps, you cant replace my grandfather, but your welcome to sit beside!! :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:31 PM
lol obviously i never carried a grain of intent to replace him, im sure he has the most special place in your heart

^ time has its way of misleading people. Sure you can take your time, but a word of advice from me.. be careful how you spend it :)

too many times ive wasted time, and each time ive wasted has only lead me further away from God.. but hte time i spent in devotion to him.. i can honestly say is my best !

buddy1
10-23-2008, 10:33 PM
I know you didnt, just thought i would lighten the mood coz i dampened it slightly!!

Thank you both so much, you have both been very wise, thank you!

*KB*
10-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Peace

:welcome: Hope you enjoy your time here and gain lots of knowledge, make sure to spread some :)

Peace
*KB*
:coolious:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.