/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you knew of brothers involved in criminal activities?

brotherbee
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM
I am interested to see what everyones point of view is on this I think quite sticky issue:

Presuming you live in a non-islamic state;

What would you do if you knew of brothers (or even sisters) who were involved in criminal activities i.e. drug trafficking, drug dealing, fraud, deception, tax-evasion, robberies etc?

A lot of brothers comment saying that is all they know or all they can do; especially with the prejudice or low literacy levels amongst a lot of these people, the only option for a lot of them is to take on low paid demeaning work where they can bearly make two-ends meet

Would you inform the authorities on them: as well as being against the ethics and morals of Islam, it is a crime against the state and should not be tolerated? Maybe a stint in prison will help them put things back into perspective?

or

Let them be, they have families etc to support and must do whatever it takes to survive, and let Allah be the judge; I mean nobody is perfect after all and who are we to judge?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
10-23-2008, 04:53 PM
:sl:

Thread approved

Sahabiyaat
10-23-2008, 05:03 PM
tough

very tough.

:? i dont know,lets just say there are people who are very capeable of working to earn a living and have families but simply arent bothered, and live of the state (thru fraud), and they have said explicilty that they cannot be bothered to work.

what should be done? should you tell on the lazy people or just leave um?

crayon
10-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Besides blackmail, you mean?

Talk to them, tell them what they're doing is wrong, they will be punished for in the hereafter even if they're not punished now... I don't know if I would go as far as turning them in though, I don't know if I could ever do that, to anyone..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
10-23-2008, 05:06 PM
What would you do if you knew of brothers involved in criminal activities?
I would report them to authorities (when in England) and run from them if in Pakistan

:w:

chacha_jalebi
10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
did you see them in crimewatch :D

well you should report drug dealers, murders because they are ruinin other peoples life,

and the clever cloggs criminals like tax frauds, aint they aint educated, well the education is their, go and get it, avoidin tax, is againist the law of the land, and we are meant to live by the law of the land, its haraam, so they should stop, and encourage them to stop:D

fatima_01
10-23-2008, 05:11 PM
i personally think the best thing to do is not get involved and if you feel guilty about whats happening then try and convince the people to give up what they do. but muderers definately deserve to get grassd on

Sahabiyaat
10-23-2008, 05:15 PM
you know this advice of "tell them to stop", isnt really going to work!

They DO know its wrong:rollseyes, they are getting some small advantage out of it, and their not going to stop until Allah sends a lightning bolt right up their...nose.

chacha_jalebi
10-23-2008, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat

They DO know its wrong:rollseyes, they are getting some small advantage out of it, and their not going to stop until Allah sends a lightning bolt right up their...nose.
then in that case let Allah (Swt) deal with them, or do some good samaritan work and bate them up:-[

Güven
10-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Well i know ALOT people who does that things , close people...

and what can you do ? report? naah I say let Allah judge them ...

:w:

Güven
10-23-2008, 05:19 PM

I agree but sometimes it looks like they DONT know imsad

Sahabiyaat
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
i wouldnt have the heart to report anyone, i'd just let Allah judge them,...how hard it must be to be a qa'adi,..you have to have a really firm heart to give out punishments like, stoning . :uuh:

AnonymousPoster
10-23-2008, 05:43 PM
i wouldnt have the heart to report anyone, i'd just let Allah judge them,...how hard it must be to be a qa'adi,..you have to have a really firm heart to give out punishments like, stoning . :uuh:
when someone commits a crime against you, what would you do?would you turn the other cheek then?or would that be different to when it is done to someone else (whether its a crime against society or an individual)?
.you have to have a really firm heart to give out punishments like, stoning .
in any case thread is not about shariah punishments its about
Presuming you live in a non-islamic state

brotherbee
10-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Reporting murderers I think goes without saying . .

I personally think dealers who sell 'class C' drugs are the lesser evil of the drug dealers but that said I do think drug dealers are the scum of the earth on par with Politicians and Bankers !!

I think we can all agree, almost anyone who does anything haraam knows it is so;
so would they really listen to advice? I think not . . I think perhaps you can plant the seed and just hope it manifests itself into their conscience so they stop doing haraam of their own accord.

Can I report people?
Unsure but I think not . . but by reading other posts on here . . I am even more undecided

buddy1
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
I think the same as the other person,

Murder so very wrong on many different levels along with drug dealing etc

as for Tax etc, if your positive that they know that are screwing up their taxes then tell them that its wrong and they will regret it sooner or later!

Good luck!!

AnonymousPoster
10-23-2008, 06:22 PM
-Report them, it's better to get punished in this life than the next

-Of corse they have families to support, most poeple do! that shouldn't be a reason to do stuff like that

*poke*

AnonymousPoster
10-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Let Allah deal with them. Sooner or later they'll land on their faces if they dont stop it.

If they are danger to others, I wud report em in a snap.

AnonymousPoster
10-23-2008, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Let Allah deal with them.
What? Corse Allah will deal with everyone, but if you see wrong you must change it, how will you answer for yourself if Allaah asks you, why you saw wrong but you did nothing about it?

Sooner or later they'll land on their faces if they dont stop it.
I thought they were Muslims? They need help, you don't just ignore them until they fall on their faces!

If they are danger to others, I wud report em in a snap.
Corse they are danger to others, they are a danger to themselves AND their families!

:enough!: Ahhh thankoo :D

brotherbee
10-24-2008, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
-Report them, it's better to get punished in this life than the next
So does this mean people who have been to prison have done their 'time' as punishment and will therefore not be punished in the afterlife also?

The Khan
10-24-2008, 12:56 AM
If they're involved in soft drugs like marijuana and hasheesh (which 1/3rd of my class is involved with), I won't care a bit, since stoners are the most harmless people to society. If they're addicted to hardcore drugs, I would try my best to enter them into rehab. If dealing in it, I will try to make them stop, if unsuccessful, report them. If into robberies and theft, again, I won't care, it's just not my cup of chai. Serious anti-social activity and such, like gang-activity, I would report.

I was taken into custody myself once, for 4 hours, for smoking pot, a long time back. Worst 4 hours of my life. Stoners don't deserve jail, marijuana has too many medical benefits, no ill-effects apart from laziness and lethargy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.