/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslimahs- What can I do?

innocent
10-23-2008, 04:33 PM
I pray everyday but when I'm at work I dont pray in the daytime. I now want to start and there is a store room at work which not many people go into so I'm sure I can use that. The only problem I have is that when I'm on my period people will know because I wont be praying. In my office people know whats going on around them and they will definitely notice if I dont pray for a few days and work it out. How can I get out of this situation?
Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
10-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Having your period is a fact of life, if you are uncomfortable about people knowing, go into the store room as normal but just dont pray salah

kwolney01
10-23-2008, 10:55 PM
I agree with the other sister. Every women goes through this and guys know that we have periods. Try not to make it a big deal and if someone asks you why you aren't praying say why (if it's a female). If a man asks you why your not praying say it's personal and they should get what your trying to say. A lot of guys don't want to talk about this subject anyways so I'm sure they'll just keep it at that.

I wish you the best sister!!!

Jazak Allah Khair!

buddy1
10-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Dont you worry about what other people think, is it true to say the only person you need to wrry about what they think is Allah? if so then this is Allahs wish therefore who cares what people think in your office, i dont think they will care to much anyway. just hold your head up and be pround of who you are.

ps if i have go anything wrong someone please correct me im still learning!! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmSqueakster
10-24-2008, 01:45 PM
When it's that time o month, set aside the time that you'd normally use for salat for dhikr. People won't know AND you'll still be worshipping Allah (swt) :D

innocent
10-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I also wanted to ask if praying at work is counted as being in travelling I would appreciate if anyone could clarify this.

UmmSqueakster
10-24-2008, 04:43 PM
The scholars generally agree that one must be traveling more than a short distance to shorten the prayers:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543982

In the opinion of the famous four juristic schools, prayers are allowed to be shortened within a distance of 16 Farsaqs (one Farsaq equals three miles, and one mile equals 6000 arms length). So the distance here is about 80 km.
So if your job is 80km/48 miles away, you can shorten your prayers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.