/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Name Meanings?!

buddy1
10-23-2008, 06:49 PM
I have met a guy and his surname is SYED-HUSSAIN

someone else i Know told me it had something to do with royalty, but Im just being my usual interested self and would like to know what it really means!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
10-23-2008, 07:10 PM
syed = master, or sir

hussayn = i think it means bootifull im not sure

however... (this is the bad bit lol)

if someone says they are syed, and they are above everyone else, pssssssh no no noooo!!

some people i.e those who like to cause self harm and call it a religious act :p and those who like to believe the al mahdi is already born and hidin in a cave, yes because the mahdi will really hide in cave, he hasnt got anythin better to do.... SARCASM!, and isnt the mahdi meant to help us, if he been in the cave for 1000's of years, he gona be a granpda how he gona fight and that :D lol i might aswell have mentioned them peoples name :embarrass

anyway, yes them type of people like to name themselfs, syed i.e and CLAIM they are related to the Prophet (saw) thus that makes them above everyone else, however thats stoopid because 1 lets say they are from the Prophet (saw) family. family lineage dont make you better, its your virtues which only Allah (swt) knows, and 2 - when you look at the actions of some of these people, you can tell they are far away from the family
of the Prophet (saw)

but yes on topic :D

the name syed - master or sir, its used for respect and Hussayn = bootifull,

and its named after the bootifuller then bootifull Hadhrat Hussayn (ra) the son of Hadhrat Ali & Hadhrat Fatima (ra) and he was the Prophet (Saw) grandson so woo hoo :D

buddy1
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Well thank you so much for that, its a eye opener! everytime we are out and he see's a brother he introduces himself and makes sure he mentions the syed bit! who ever he is talkin to bows their head?! is that why?? sorry i will keep askin so tell me to stop if i annoy u!!! :D

Mikayeel
10-23-2008, 07:22 PM
:sl:

My family says that they are from the prophets(pbuh) family, and i got a cousin called

sayed muhammad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
buddy1
10-23-2008, 07:33 PM
cool thanks! :D

chacha_jalebi
10-23-2008, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buddy1
Well thank you so much for that, its a eye opener! everytime we are out and he see's a brother he introduces himself and makes sure he mentions the syed bit! who ever he is talkin to bows their head?! is that why?? sorry i will keep askin so tell me to stop if i annoy u!!! :D

i dont know lol maybe they just wan attention

let me tell you a storythere was a weddin in pakistan and you know everyone gathers in the house and that, and durin the weddin someone broke into the safe, and they didnt steal the money in there, they stole this paper which had a family tree showin the lineage between them and the Prophet (saw) family lol, so they probably gona go use it somewhere else and show off

but there is real genuine people out there who are syeds from the Prophet (saw) family, like bro mikayeel said his family is, and there has to be some real ones out there because we know the al mahdi is gona be from the Prophet (Saw) family accordin to the hadiths...

but if someone is showin off with the name, thats wrong, because 1st the Prophet (saw) would neva have showed off, and lineage dont make you better, actions doo :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 07:51 PM
hussain is like the baby version of hassan just like Umayr is the baby version of Umar!

therefore, hussain is baby beauty :D

buddy1
10-23-2008, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i dont know lol maybe they just wan attention

let me tell you a storythere was a weddin in pakistan and you know everyone gathers in the house and that, and durin the weddin someone broke into the safe, and they didnt steal the money in there, they stole this paper which had a family tree showin the lineage between them and the Prophet (saw) family lol, so they probably gona go use it somewhere else and show off

but there is real genuine people out there who are syeds from the Prophet (saw) family, like bro mikayeel said his family is, and there has to be some real ones out there because we know the al mahdi is gona be from the Prophet (Saw) family accordin to the hadiths...

but if someone is showin off with the name, thats wrong, because 1st the Prophet (saw) would neva have showed off, and lineage dont make you better, actions doo :D

Thats very true, I totally Agree you! I dont think he is related, well i dont know, but I think if he was he would be alot more muslim like, he is a very westernised person, although a lovely person, he tends to pick and choose how he worships, you know? he is very respectful to everyone and never loses his temper like most guys I have come across, but I think (coming from a non-muslim) he should sit down and reflect slightly on some of his actions with regards to his religion! if you understand that then your cleverer than I thought!! :D

chacha_jalebi
10-23-2008, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
Umayr is the baby version of Umar!
my love for you has increased after this:D:-[:D

ive heard it before but any source... like ive never read it anywhere that Hadhrat Umar (Ra) was called Umayr when he was small :-[

buddy1
10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
You guys really are some of the most intelligent people i have met you really are!! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
my love for you has increased after this:D:-[:D

ive heard it before but any source... like ive never read it anywhere that Hadhrat Umar (Ra) was called Umayr when he was small :-[
lol sorry bro i only heard it in lectures too :-[

You guys really are some of the most intelligent people i have met you really are!!

ooh shux ;D lol

did i just totally kill my intelligent look? :p

buddy1
10-23-2008, 08:00 PM
now now!! that wasnt an excuse for your head to grow!!! it was a simple compliment!!!! lol!!! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.