/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Morality

INsearch
10-23-2008, 09:48 PM
this is a question on morality... is Islam fine with video games? I play a game called Halo its got a little bit of blood (first person shooter) but nothing serious... is it ok to play it? I would assume that a game called Gears of War with all its swears and gore would be prohibited.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
10-23-2008, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by INsearch
this is a question on morality... is Islam fine with video games? I play a game called Halo its got a little bit of blood (first person shooter) but nothing serious... is it ok to play it? I would assume that a game called Gears of War with all its swears and gore would be prohibited.
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/97681/video%20games

Check it out inshaAllaah (God willing)

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Allah knows best but as long as there are no obscenities in the game then it should be ok.

But Allah knows best.

INsearch
10-23-2008, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/97681/video%20games

Check it out inshaAllaah (God willing)
hmm thanks.... it has no swears, no gambling, no sexual stuff.... no excessive violence.... I think it might be alright....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:01 PM
^ well bro the way i look at it is, as long as it doesnt make me miss my prayers, have any music, swearing or anything which will harden my heart and take me away from Allaah. Its allright !

the criteria might seem harsh but, the reward is beautiful :ooh:

INsearch
10-23-2008, 10:03 PM
ooh!!! that leads me to a new thread I need to make!! (again lol)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:04 PM
^ lol go for it :D

AnonymousPoster
10-24-2008, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by INsearch
hmm thanks.... it has no swears, no gambling, no sexual stuff.... no excessive violence.... I think it might be alright....
You're welcome =)

Yup inshaAllaah, but make sure you don't get addicted to playing these games, games can waste valuable time which can be spent doing other things, which will be more rewarding.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.