/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the prayers!

INsearch
10-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I understand how important these prayers are (the 5 is it?) as you guys know about my situation at home ( super Christian) I also have a family of six and privacy is very hard to achieve :( how am I suppose to do my prayers? also I wont be able to do prayers for like.. what? maybe at max a week? I got allot of learning to do... Will Allah count this as a sin against me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:39 PM
^ i honestly dont think so and Allah knows best.

i think as long as you strive to establish the prayers as soon as you can its allright.

i know your situation is difficult. Its upto you how you want to pursue this, you can pray after letting your family know, or you can pray silently in secrecy.

bro i think you should really find a mosque to go to... it will help you greatly :)

INsearch
10-23-2008, 10:43 PM
I will have to do it in secrecy :( I hope to establish them soon :) you guys got any websites with good step by step instruction on how to do them?

also just some added question: Is all prayer done by bowing down to Mecca and praying in Arabic? or is it valid to in like say my head pray in English to Allah?

INsearch
10-23-2008, 10:44 PM
sorry for the double post I guess you cant edit posts lol I meant to also say when it comes to a Mosque I will not be able to visit one but their is (I think) 1 Mosque in my state but its like 60 miles away? I will see if I can try and visit it somehow.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
brotherinfaith
10-23-2008, 10:48 PM
it's a delicate situation you are in brother and i will tell you what the prophet said to his comanions at the beginnings of islam when some of his companions were very enthusiastic to perform their worshipping in public so the prophet advised them to do in secret so that they can avoid fitna which means to be distracted by something evil and the one who narated the hadiths said what the prophet warned us against happened and one of us could not pray without being hidden somewhere and that because of the violent reaction of unbelievers but i will tell you the same thing as the brother said which is to find a mosque and do your prayers god willing and hiding one's faith is never a sin as it's mentioned in the coran about the man of firaon people who used to hide his faith.

i just want to tell you something brother which is that at the beginning it's always very hard and god willing i will try to find some stories of people and what they suffered at the begining of islam and i hope that brothers and sister will try to find more too god willing

god bless you and guide and keep you on the straight way god willing

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:50 PM
wow... 60 miles lol.

you'll get more reward then most of us for going thats for sure... your as sinless as a baby right now lol coz u just took your shahadah which wipes away everything before it :).

clean slate... must feel amazing !!

hmm well about the prayers :) :

check this out its the best i could find at short notice :-[ :

http://quransunnahfollowers.wordpres...7/12/07/salah/

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Brother the beauty of Islam is that there is only one way of doing things so that there is no confusion. All Muslims pray towards Mecca by bowing down.

But... in Islam if you can't pray standing up, then pray sitting down. If you can't pray sitting down, then pray lying down. If you can't pray lying down then pray with your eyes, in your heart.

Praying in one way or another is better than not praying at all. That is the bottom line.

Allah knows best.

INsearch
10-23-2008, 10:54 PM
thank you!! any advice and help is appreciated thank you for the support guys :)

INsearch
10-23-2008, 11:02 PM
another question.... if I am not mistaken the last time I looked into Islam (a while ago) I realized that one of the prayer times is during my own School hours (not good) how am I suppose to pray? its not illegal to pray nor is it forbiden but..... where to do it? the bathroom? we used to be able to lock them but you cant now..........

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Brother I wouldn't suggest doing it in the bathroom lol :D.

If you can then maybe make up for them before going to bed.
Allah knows best.

INsearch
10-23-2008, 11:30 PM
I will always be in school during Dhuhr :( I thought the Qur'an says something about doing the Prayers only during the time they are meant to be done? or something like that?

Hamayun
10-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Brother if it is not possible to pray during the day you are able to make up for missed prayers in special circumstances. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

Praying at night and making up is better than not praying. It is also a lot better than what you did till yesterday? :)

It is a step in the right direction. Just ask Allah to help you keep a strong faith and get you through your struggles. :)

Faseeha
10-24-2008, 09:59 AM
:sl:

I don't think the internet is the right place to learn how to do the prayers, something as important as this should be learnt 100% correctly.

I understand your situation, but i would advise that you find a way to attend a masjid, or perhaps, start an interaction with a fellow muslim in you Area and and request from him to teach you how to do the prayers.

INsearch
10-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Even if their are Muslims in my area... how am I suppose to find them?

maryam87
10-24-2008, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by INsearch
Even if their are Muslims in my area... how am I suppose to find them?
i found this website
http://www.isvt.org/home.htm
there is an islamic community where u live maybe u could contact them
Questions/Comments: salam@isvt.org
Phone: (802) 655-6711
hope that helps :D

INsearch
10-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah I found out about them like yesterday but thank for the link :D I could not find it :) the only problem is that the Mosque is like.... 60 or something miles away! lol if only they where closer :(

INsearch
10-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I got another question involving prayer and it has to do with Dua. and how its performed lately for the past 2 days I have been saying this like this "Oh great and powerful Allah I praise you, and ask you grant me faith and the ability to follow you wherever you may lead me" is this a Dua? Have I been doing it correct? is a simple "Amen" good enough to end a prayer?

UmmSqueakster
10-24-2008, 04:52 PM
There are specific ettiquette when making dua, but in general, it's just you talking with Allah (swt). When we look at the dua of the Prophet (saws) and his companions, we find certain themes that run throughout. These are things you may wish to add to your dua, if you'd like.

Another good thing is to call Allah (swt) by his names. So rather than simply saying "great," you could say al-Kabir, or "the most Great" and instead of "powerful," al-Muqtadir" or "the Powerful." For example, see my signature - ya Latif, which translates as oh Subtle One, or oh Gentle One!

INsearch
10-24-2008, 04:57 PM
ok thanks so "Al-Kabir Allah please grant me faith like that of your messenger Mohamed (PBUH) and allow me to be able to follow you where ever you may lead me.. Amen" good?

Hamayun
10-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Dua is you talking to Allah like sister Janaan said.

You can thank him, praise him, ask him for guidance, ask for help (refrain from asking for materialistic things).

Also Al-Kabir is already one of Allah's names. So you don't need to say Al-Kabir Allah. Correct me if I am wrong Sister Janaan?

Brother I hope you dont confuse yourself with information overload.

May Allah guide you and give you the best rewards for your efforts.

UmmSqueakster
10-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Correctomundo. Oh al Kabir, oh Allah, oh al-Rahman, etc etc etc.

INsearch
10-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Ok I think I am getting it lol.

UmmSqueakster
10-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Arabic can be tricky. I've lived with a native arabic speaker (aka my husband) for 3 years, and I'm still hopeless in most cases :blind:

I'm not sure if I've given you this piece of advice yet, so here it is (and if I have, it bears repeating) :

Don't try to learn too much too fast. Allah (swt) in His infinate wisdom revealed the Qur'an over a 23 year period of time. He didn't chuck it down to earth one day and say memorize this, there will be a test tomorrow! No, He gave it to us over a 23 year period, and with the best of all possible teachers, the Prophet Muhammad (saws). The Prophet (saws) and his companions were the best generation of muslims, but it took them 23 years to learn islam.

In short, you don't need to learn everything overnight. Focus on your prayers, ask a few questions each day, but don't burn yourself out. I've seen way too many converts who get really excited and try to change everything in their lives in a short period of time. Eventually, some will burn out because it's too much too soon and will stop practicing. I'm not saying this will be you, but slow and steady wins the race, ya know?

INsearch
10-24-2008, 09:10 PM
I have received a site from MZ with what will hopefully be an awesome step by step visual introduction to the 5 daily prayers but I need a written printable site with how to perform the 5 daily prayers :) that way I can start practicing in private as I have no computer in a private place.

UmmSqueakster
10-24-2008, 09:30 PM
http://www.mybloop.com/rahma/Islam/salat_doc

prayer cards I made. Has a line in arabic, followed by the meaning in english. Read the arabic aloud, then the english meaning silently to yourself, and in no time, you'll have the arabic and it's meaning memorized inshaAllah.

INsearch
10-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Thank you :) are all the prayers for each time of the day the same?

http://www.islamway.com/english/imag...r/contents.htm

^ I found this site.... is it good?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.