/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inteligant design in school?

INsearch
10-24-2008, 12:19 AM
who here thinks that we should be teaching intelligent design in our schools? I think we should be. To me the teaching of no God or the idea that everything exists do to natural reasons is really just making society worse... what do you guys think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
brotherinfaith
10-24-2008, 12:22 AM
even those who used to se that there is no god can't ignore the perfect way everything is designed in universe and that truth is what man since the beginings has been trying to avoid first because of the ignorance and now because of the arrogance and it's all making the world a worse place especially for good people

Trumble
10-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Depends where it's taught. Religious studies class, fine. Philosophy class, fine. Just don't pretend it has anything to do with science.

INsearch
10-24-2008, 12:26 AM
well taught in public schools mainly elementary schools and High Schools (higher up schools dont have as much of a problem) the problem is that kids and teenagers are taught that "this is exactly how it happened" I think the idea of Intelligent design should be discussed and taught as another possible way everything came to be.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
brotherinfaith
10-24-2008, 12:28 AM
yes it will give the new generation a boarder way of thinking better than to be brainwashed of evolution and all the stuff they teach them now and i don't think it should be considered as religious class in a more academic way

INsearch
10-24-2008, 12:31 AM
I think it should just be included in science class either as a unit or part of the lesson. In any unit that suggests one way the earth was created or how life first started it should be manditory to also get a bit into the idea of intelligent design.

Chuck
10-24-2008, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by INsearch
who here thinks that we should be teaching intelligent design in our schools? I think we should be. To me the teaching of no God or the idea that everything exists do to natural reasons is really just making society worse... what do you guys think?
You don't need ID for that. Science has its limitations and it is not intended to answer those questions.

As for ID it is new it has to go through a long process of refinement if it is to be taught in science classes. It is top down approach and it has potential.

INsearch
10-24-2008, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
You don't need ID for that. Science has its limitations and it is not intended to answer those questions.

As for ID it is new it has to go through a long process of refinement if it is to be taught in science classes. It is top down approach and it has potential.
but unless you notice most schools and science classes tend to use what science says as an answer for those questions.

جوري
10-24-2008, 01:18 AM
I personally think all kids should go to parochial schools... or have religion class on weekends
1-I like uniforms for children--- I don't like little teenage girls that look like runaway hookers
2-I like school extracurricular activities-- I don't like teenage girl/boy extracurricular activity that is outside of academia
3- I like discipline -- I don't like the 'it is a phase they'll grow out of'
4- I like theological rationalism that believes in God on the basis of reason -- but I don't like the pushy approach of zealots.
5- I like bright young kids who are involved in many projects and work to cultivate their talent by trying many different things-- I don't like aggressive ambition that doesn't care whom it tramples in its path...

so to be honest I don't think any of my afore mentioned are available in pubic schools.. I have never been to a public school and I don't have a favorable opinion just judging from some of the youths I had encountered ...
so to answer your question (yes to intelligent design but it would have to be a part of a parochial or private institution) people would rather see their tax money spent killing Muslims in Iraq, or Palestine, or Chechnya or Bosnia, or Iran or Pakistan etc etc, than see it sent on pondering age old questions in public schools...

my two cents..

:w:

INsearch
10-24-2008, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
I personally think all kids should go to parochial schools... or have religion class on weekends
1-I like uniforms for children--- I don't like little teenage girls that look like runaway hookers
2-I like school extracurricular activities-- I don't like teenage girl/boy extracurricular activity that is outside of academia
3- I like discipline -- I don't like the 'it is a phase they'll grow out of'
4- I like theological rationalism that believes in God on the basis of reason -- but I don't like the pushy approach of zealots.
5- I like bright young kids who are involved in many projects and work to cultivate their talent by trying many different things-- I don't like aggressive ambition that doesn't care whom it tramples in its path...

so to be honest I don't think any of my afore mentioned are available in pubic schools.. I have never been to a public school and I don't have a favorable opinion just judging from some of the youths I had encountered ...
so to answer your question (yes to intelligent design but it would have to be a part of a parochial or private institution) people would rather see their tax money spent killing Muslims in Iraq, or Palestine, or Chechnya or Bosnia, or Iran or Pakistan etc etc, than see it sent on pondering age old questions in public schools...

my two cents..

:w:
very good post:D:thumbs_up

Hamayun
10-24-2008, 08:25 AM
I think it is sad that the education in schools is biased towards the Athiest point of view. Creation is treated like something absurd and impossible.

I think it needs to be balanced where you tell the kids..

These are all possibilities... and leave them to decide which one they find more convincing...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.