/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'Nothing in the Dark'

جوري
10-24-2008, 02:17 AM
And you have only ten days to live --now what?

a question that needs some honest reflections.. I have seen some 'religious' people lose it when faced with a medical death sentence..

recently my mom's friend lost her mother... she said the woman behaved very oddly.. constantly begging her daughter not to leave her 'alone with him'

sleeping on the chair, and awake for as many hours as she could muster...

really reminded me of this episode of the twilight zone

"Nothing in the Dark"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
10-24-2008, 02:29 AM
I've realized a life is not a life in which evil is avoided, but in which good is emphasized over evil.
I'd spend my last ten day asking for forgiveness, and putting in as many good deeds as I can.

INsearch
10-24-2008, 02:37 AM
Same here.

alcurad
10-24-2008, 03:03 AM
we can only have a philosophical understanding of death, until it is actually occurring.
but I disagree with "Life is just a dream on our way to death".
we are 'immortal' in a way, ie. continuing to exist after death.

my two yen's worth
that, or it's midnight and I'm feeling groggy:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-24-2008, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
we can only have a philosophical understanding of death, until it is actually occurring.
True.. and my Q is philosophical in nature..

but I disagree with "Life is just a dream on our way to death", rather death is a dream...
Well, I disagree given this verse

لَقَدْ كُنتَ فِي غَفْلَةٍ مِّنْ هَذَا فَكَشَفْنَا عَنكَ غِطَاءكَ فَبَصَرُكَ الْيَوْمَ حَدِيدٌ {22}
[Yusufali 50:22] (It will be said) "Thou wast heedless of this; now have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!"

to me especially in Arabic, denotes that we walk almost veiled from reality, and upon death as per verse that veil shall be lifted, so we see things very clearely!

we are 'immortal' in a way. continuing to exist after death.
that, or it's midnight and I'm feeling groggy:)

get some rest :)

:w:

alcurad
10-24-2008, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
True.. and my Q is philosophical in nature..

Well, I disagree given this verse

لَقَدْ كُنتَ فِي غَفْلَةٍ مِّنْ هَذَا فَكَشَفْنَا عَنكَ غِطَاءكَ فَبَصَرُكَ الْيَوْمَ حَدِيدٌ {22}
[Yusufali 50:22] (It will be said) "Thou wast heedless of this; now have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!"

to me especially in Arabic, denotes that we walk almost veiled from reality, and upon death as per verse that veil shall be lifted, so we see things very clearly!
i thought it spoke of disbelievers:?
but say it does speak for all, life is existance, and death is a continuation of that, I believe that gives a very broad meaning for reality...
whats a dream in this context by the way?

get some rest :)
heh, thanks

kwolney01
10-24-2008, 03:21 AM
I would spend my last ten days praying for forgiveness and mercy. I would spend as much time with my family as possible. I would let everyone I know, know that I love them.

جوري
10-24-2008, 03:27 AM
i thought it spoke of disbelievers:?
but say it does speak for all, life is existance, and death is a continuation of that, I believe that gives a very broad meaning for reality...
whats a dream in this context by the way?
I have very special connections with this sura.. I can't put in words.. it has made it to my dream three random times, but I digress.. my understanding of the verse, is that we will ALL see very clearely upon death..

as for my quote.. it is silly, I change them often and it has nothing to do with the thread.. be that as it may, I certainly do believe that people acquire understanding and wisdom upon death as if we are all in a dream from which we awaken at that moment.. as per prophet Moses PBUH 'all foolishness is expiated with death'

heh, thanks
lol go to sleep already..

alcurad
10-24-2008, 03:44 AM
alright, I see your point...
haven't thought much about the topic recently for some reason or another though...thanks for bringing it up.

interesting that, about the dreams. so how did you 'see' it?

lol go to sleep already..
ok,ok:)

جوري
10-24-2008, 03:48 AM
alright, I see your point.
haven't thought much about the topic recently for some reason or another...thanks for bringing it up.

interesting that, about the dreams. so how did you 'see' it?

ok,ok:)
I discussed the dream here before if you want to search for it.. but I was advised not to seek interpretations for dreams on forums.. and in fact I wouldn't have were it not for the number of times I dreamt it....

have a great night rest!!!...

alcurad
10-24-2008, 04:09 AM
I discussed the dream here before if you want to search for it.. but I was advised not to seek interpretations for dreams on forums.. and in fact I wouldn't have were it not for the number of times I dreamt it....

have a great night rest!!!...

ok, but I don't think dreams should be interpreted by people other than the person who had the dream, I'm reminded of :
إن الرؤيا على رجل طائر ما لم تعْبر ،
فإذا عُبرت وقعت

also, life might be harsh some times, but it also could be is good and beautiful,so enjoy it, but don't forget you're dying sometime.
I think dwelling too much on death is quite unhealthy...

oh and thanks for your concern:)

جوري
10-24-2008, 04:13 AM
indeed.. however I have always had an obsession with death since I was 7 yrs old.... I can pinpoint the day my interest was sparked.. and even in the days when I lived as an agnostic or those where I had doubts about God all together.. I was still very much obsessed and fascinated with death...

so it isn't a religion or a theology sparked interest....I don't know if that helps or makes a difference? but I have learned to accept my own idiosyncrasies..:haha:

by the way your quote isn't necessairly a bad thing... whether I say my dreams or withold them, they have always been so patently clear ad required no explanation, in fact happen as I dream them.. hence my curiosity about this sura was the occult nature of the dream...

but I hear ya..

alcurad
10-24-2008, 04:37 AM
hmmm, I wonder what sparked that?
and the occult ye say?

"When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. When you die, you rejoice, and the world cries", is it perhaps death as a means to get closer to God :?

جوري
10-24-2008, 04:47 AM
I have personally thought of death as a sort of regression to the womb...
and I can write on my theories of that, (not that anyone would be interested) but it is very late here too and I need to work on my other thread.. hoping to finish it soon insha'Allah on a good note...

as for what sparked my interest...
it was a place called 'maqbaret al 3ood' in Riydh Saudi Arabia.. I wasn't even aware what it was until one night I came upon it in a dream, then saw it in real life... I am sure the order was reversed but that is how I remember it....

now off to sleep heh

alcurad
10-24-2008, 04:55 AM
curious, but it's late here too, so g'night i guess...
thnks for sharing though:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.