/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How was your reaction?

Yanal
10-24-2008, 05:15 AM
Salam
This is for mods or members. What was your first reaction when Muhammad or any admin asked you? That is the mod(super or admins)
The question for members is that "What would be your first reaction if you got chosen?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
10-24-2008, 05:56 AM
"Me! No Way."

Re.TiReD
10-24-2008, 09:57 AM
I'd ask how many holidays I get in a year and if I get any sick leave and whether or not they serve fish in the canteen :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2008, 10:01 AM
"dont play with my heart :'("

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
Only if you can follow this.

DEATH (YOUR OWN):
This will be accepted as an excuse. However, we
require at least two weeks notice as we feel it
is your duty to train your replacement.

;D lol the best one there is. Kool :thumbs_up

Nájlá
10-24-2008, 11:30 AM
it would be cool but nah being a mod is not my job :p

lol i dont know :?

Yanal
10-24-2008, 03:18 PM
So far members and an Admin replied I need more Staff Members of LI.

Al-Zaara
10-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I was asked by Far7an! :D I was very surprised but accepted.

Yanal
10-24-2008, 03:38 PM
I hope I get asked. Admins what are the requirments for becoming a mod?

Na7lah
10-24-2008, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
:D I was very surprised but accepted.
same :) i filled that aplication a loong time ago and forgot about it that was why i was surprised when i got the PM

Yanal
10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
What did it say?

Na7lah
10-24-2008, 04:05 PM
u expect me to remember :p

it said something like, are you still intrested in becoming a mod? :? :)

Yanal
10-24-2008, 04:24 PM
It was that long ago?

Na7lah
10-24-2008, 04:30 PM
before ramadan actually

Mikayeel
10-24-2008, 04:32 PM
:sl:

I filled my app, i thought it didnt go through cuz of the error u get. Nd i had not time to do it agian. So i went of for a temporary ban, and when i got back i had a PM, i was suprised because i didnt know my app form went through :D

Yanal
10-24-2008, 04:35 PM
How were you banned?

Mikayeel
10-24-2008, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
How were you banned?
check rep :)

Nájlá
10-24-2008, 04:48 PM
why does everyone wanna be a mod?

Mikayeel
10-24-2008, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
sister in this world people compete for ajr. Nd being a mod is a good way of earning ajr :)

Yanal
10-24-2008, 04:53 PM
No one said that:-[

Nájlá
10-24-2008, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel
sister in this world people compete for ajr. Nd being a mod is a good way of earning ajr :)
lol yeh i guess so if its for this reason.

Yanal
10-24-2008, 08:23 PM
What is ajr?

Güven
10-24-2008, 08:24 PM
^good deeds :)

:w:

The Ruler
10-24-2008, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
Because power is a very seductive thing. It's as tempting as chocolates. And as pleasing as my own reflection.

Yanal
10-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Funny. Was that the first time or this time, Alpha?

suffiyan007
10-25-2008, 05:07 PM
I just acting indifferent and if they wanna ask me to be a moderator so why not?

Afifa
10-25-2008, 05:14 PM
hmmm maybee :rollseyes

Mikayeel
10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
Funny. Was that the first time or this time, Alpha?
Most likely the first time, since he hasnt answered u yet!

BAD MOD ALPHA BAD MOD!

Danah
10-27-2008, 02:28 PM
I think I still need too much to be a mod.......so better not to think from now :-[

FatimaAsSideqah
10-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Errrr, I will let you to know later! :D

Yanal
04-26-2009, 12:07 AM
There are new staff members,how were your reactions?

Güven
04-26-2009, 12:09 AM
new ones ? where ??

Yanal
04-26-2009, 12:12 AM
You,and I want to know how did brother zAk feel when getting position of moderator.

Güven
04-26-2009, 12:17 AM
My reaction was this >> :><:

Cabdullahi
04-26-2009, 12:28 AM
I sometimes think the admins are playing about...i made like three applications and sent more than three messages regarding my application all i get is this..pay attention guys!!

February

Me: ''Hello ****** how are you brother,have you checked my application for the moderator job:D''

admin: ''Yes we have we'll get back to you soon inshallah''

Me: 'ok':statisfie

March
April
May
.June
.July

Me: ''Hello ****** its me again :D how are you brother,have you checked my application for the moderator job?''

admin: ''I dont know what you are talking about,sorry brother we have nothing here by you so im afraid you'll have to do it again''

Me:you deleted my application didnt you!:rollseyes

admin: sorry what was that?!:?

Me:nah man its nothing:X:-[

Me talking to myself: Ive filled grant applications,university applications,housing applications and job applications :enough!:,i have never come across an application thats so long and at the end of it ,it doesnt pay off all you become is crappy mod thats always on the look out....like a scruffy apartment watchman......forget it!

The Ruler
04-26-2009, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Me talking to myself: Ive filled grant applications,university applications,housing applications and job applications :enough!:,i have never come across an application thats so long and at the end of it ,it doesnt pay off all you become is crappy mod thats always on the look out....like a scruffy apartment watchman......forget it!
Ditto.

Yanal
04-26-2009, 12:56 AM
I still have all three of my applications stored.

Cabdullahi
04-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Good luck brother but they've probably deleted your applications.....I would like the admins to be honest.....if they've not looked at it yet or even worse if they have deleted my application....tell me so plz :(

i did like 3 applications thats half an hour each almost 2 hours of my life wasted :(

The Ruler
04-26-2009, 01:09 AM
I don't understand how you managed 3 applications. I can't seem to apply more than once. It won't let me.

Yanal
04-26-2009, 01:12 AM
I applied when I was 11(when we could apply for more then one) and one in twelve and another in twelve,since I'm more mature they won't allow me :p.

Cabdullahi
04-26-2009, 01:13 AM
I applied one time.....the admin said there was a problem* and i had to do it again,and they allowed me to do it one more time but the third time.....i actually never did an application for the third time that would be stupid i was exaggerating abit in my post above

* they deleted it

Yanal
04-26-2009, 01:18 AM
I really want to show my abilities and capabilities of me being a trainee mod,I just want them to see my capabilities beyhond my age,age is just a number but my brain has capabilities extended. Thats why I am on a forum giving my views,if I was young as you guys think I would be smoking(which I don't MashAllah) or doing some other thing.

Cabdullahi
04-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Keep it up brother mashallah but just remember you have competition...watch out for queen victoria :)

BlissfullyJaded
04-26-2009, 03:12 AM

Thanks adding humor to my lil deleting spree, but let's not go off topic, yea? Shukran.

Cabdullahi
04-26-2009, 03:15 AM
I hope you enjoyed it ! :)

Yanal
04-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Yes the ruler you should know not to interact with immature kids AKA Yanal and Abdulahi.

transition?
04-26-2009, 04:21 AM
I don't think I've ever applied O_o.

Seems like a trend, everyone's doing it, maybe I should. (jokes)

nebula
04-26-2009, 04:23 AM
i reckon id be a good mod, but ive also never applied, id put all the other mods out of business and i dont want to do that. :shade:

Danah
04-26-2009, 05:09 AM
I remember applying in another forum.....I don't even know if they accepted it or not, simply because I abandoned that place as I feel that it doesn't worth my time.

another story:
In some Arab forums, you don't have to fill the application, if the administration think that you are quantifiable to be a mod they send you a PM asking you if you are interested, I remembered that I got such a PM me and three of my friends in Uni who were registering at the same forum.
we all accepted that offer but I did not use any of the mods powers, and again because I feel that being in that forum was just a waste of time...so I asked them quickly to take the position from me and I abandoned that forum

The Ruler
04-26-2009, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
i reckon id be a good mod, but ive also never applied, id put all the other mods out of business and i dont want to do that. :shade:
Yes, crappy moderatorship is contagious.

There were/are members on this forum who were offered moderator position before applying, I think.

nebula
04-26-2009, 12:00 PM
^ lol, are you saying that i wouldn't be a good mod

The Ruler
04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
^ lol, are you saying that i wouldn't be a good mod
I wouldn't know since I don't come across many of your posts. And I can't pass judgement if I've only read very few of what you post.

My previous comment was my wit at play.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-26-2009, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rida
i keep wondering the same thing. i cant think of anything more annoying :X :p
This is for mods or members. What was your first reaction when Muhammad or any admin asked you?
i just said something like: sorry i decline

Yanal
04-29-2009, 03:13 AM
I wonder how zÄk got made moderator and who sent his PM and what did it say?

You guys should keep these memorable PMs.
And na7iah you were mod a few weeks ago...

Woodrow
04-29-2009, 04:36 AM
At one time or another nearly every member applies to be a mod. There are many factors involved in how to be the one selected to be a mod. But, I believe it is safe to say that most who have become mods submitted one application only, have not had any infractions, had very few posts deleted and spent most of their time posting in only one or two sections. Have written a reasonable number of quality posts, pertinent to the topic, obviously read an entire thread before replying and most of the time stay on the topic of the original post. If they engage in any debates it is with knowledge of the subject and with valid evidence to support their position. Also they have not given the appearance of being overly anxious to be a mod. They apply only because they see a need and feel they have the ability to fill that need as a responsibility and duty, not particularly because they want the position.

How a mod is selected is not very complicated, First somebody sees a need for a mod in a particular section. They mention it us staff type people discuss if the section really does need a mod. If so we will begin discussing what member would be best suited. We will look and see if anybody has applied for that section. We will then discuss possible choices. The decision is based upon an agrrement between us.

I can not speak for all staff members, but speaking for myself the members I will vote in favor of approving are:

Those who have shown expertise in the areas they apply for

Only select one or 2 section they feel qualified to be moderators in

Have submitted only one application

Have not PM'd or Emailed me asking me to make them a mod. (Quick rule, if you want me to vote against you, PM or email me asking me to make you a mod)

Those who treat other members with respect and have shown they can debate with knowledge and

coddles76
04-29-2009, 04:55 AM
I would wanna know how much I get paid ;)

Woodrow
04-29-2009, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
I would wanna know how much I get paid ;)

Jazakallahu Khayr for returning the thread to the original topic,

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Salam
This is for mods or members. What was your first reaction when Muhammad or any admin asked you? That is the mod(super or admins)
The question for members is that "What would be your first reaction if you got chosen?
My reaction was mixed. Although I had applied because I felt a need to offer what I could to help the forum, I was hoping I would not be accepted. After applying I had doubts about being able to spend enough time here to be of any use, I was about to withdraw my application, when I found out I had been accepted.

If it had not been for the help of the staff at that time, I probably would not have lasted past the first month. Bro. zAk and Bro Muhammad along with Sister Silver Pearl and others were especially helpful and taught me a lot about what LI expected from mods.

syilla
04-29-2009, 05:45 AM
:salamext:

My first reaction is... thinking whether i can change the colour of this board to orange.

hmm....

_PakistaN_
04-29-2009, 06:31 AM
I don't want to be a mod. You are pretty much still a regular member but just keeping the pages clean. And we have alot of mods so you wouldn't really stand out much now.

sister herb
04-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Salam

I am already main mod in two forums and admin in one other. That cause so much extra work and headache that in here... I would run away screaming by horror.

:phew

Ummu Sufyaan
04-29-2009, 07:45 AM
And na7iah you were mod a few weeks ago...
lol, was i :p

Ummu Sufyaan
04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
^There! You fooled another one :ermm:
i cant believe people are still falling for it :muddlehea

Al-Hanbali
04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
^ in all seriousness ... you were mod werent you ? :S

Ummu Sufyaan
04-29-2009, 12:55 PM
^There! You fooled another one
and yet another one. this is classic...you guys need to look around more...im staying quite!

Al-Hanbali
04-29-2009, 01:41 PM
^ ahh now I see what's going on...

Yanal
04-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Lets stay on topic.
Wow brother zAk:). And to confirm sister na7iah was a moderator.( just telling so no more offtopics)
Brother Woodrow let's forget our conversation because you told me at the end,shall we?

The Ruler
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Uhh, no. Na7lah had name swappies with Umm-Shaheed. Which is why Umm-Shaheed is now a mod, and Na7lah is not.

Yanal
05-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Allah knows the best.

transition?
05-01-2009, 02:42 AM
Off topic - how does get their name changed?

(sorry, don't want to kill the thread)

Yanal
05-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Ask an admin but there are restrictions.

transition?
05-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Ask an admin but there are restrictions.
Lol, sorry I've always wondered!

I just wanted to say "JazakAllah khair" but I'm out of reputation points to give to you. lo siento.

(my 600th post.) :faint:

Muhammad
05-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Filling in a moderator application shows us that you are interested in the position and is an opportunity for us to learn a little more about you. But filling in the form is not a guarantee that you will be accepted. Even if a moderator encourages you to fill in the form, it does not mean you will be accepted. It is simply a way of helping us to decide which people seem most suited for their intended role.

After submitting an application, the main thing involved is patience. If you want to confirm that your application has been received, you can do so, but otherwise a moderator will not PM you instantly regarding the outcome. This is because we will only appoint a moderator when we feel the time is right and that somebody suitable has been found. Once we feel we require a moderator to fill a particular need, we use the applications as a list of people to consider. It isn't the other way round where we have to appoint a moderator once applications are received.

So if a long time has passed, it doesn't mean that your application has been deleted or wasn't read. The only PM we tend to send is when we are almost certain that we want to recruit a particular person. For the people we don't PM, it may be that we need more time to consider them or that the sections they asked for might currently be well-moderated, etc. Even those we feel we won't recruit, we usually keep them on the list for reference at a later time.

So this is why we keep saying that if anyone is interested in the position, please feel free to apply. The more people we have on the list, the more likely we can find someone suitable to meet the needs of the forum. A person can apply very late but be accepted quickly on the basis of need - for example, if we needed someone to help with the Arabic forum (which we kind of do, btw). Therefore, just because some people already applied, does not mean that we cannot consider anybody else, as everyone is different.

Lastly, some golden advice given by our uncle Woodrow:

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
There are many factors involved in how to be the one selected to be a mod. [...] Also they have not given the appearance of being overly anxious to be a mod. They apply only because they see a need and feel they have the ability to fill that need as a responsibility and duty, not particularly because they want the position.
For some more guidelines in applying (note that we can be flexible), please see: http://www.islamicboard.com/news-ann...ions-open.html

I hope this has been helpful Insha'Allaah,

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.