/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bali bombers' execution date set

Amadeus85
10-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Bali bombers' execution date set

Amrozi is known as the 'smiling bomber'

Three men convicted over the 2002 Bali bombings will be executed in early November, the Indonesian attorney general's office says.

The three - Imam Samudra, Amrozi and Mukhlas, also known as Ali Ghufron - were sentenced to death for their roles in the attacks which killed 202 people.

They were found guilty of planning the attacks, which targeted nighclubs at Bali's tourist resort of Kuta.

The bombings were blamed on the militant group Jemaah Islamiah.

Friday's announcement comes after several appeals made on behalf of the three men.

Firing squad

The three are held in Nusakambangan maximum security prison, where officials said the executions would take place.

A pledge by the attorney general to see them die by Ramadan - which fell in early September - was not met.

However in its latest statement, his office said: "All legal recourse for the convicts has been finalised, and all requirements met.

"The execution of Amrozi, Ali Ghufron and Imam Samudra will be carried out at the beginning of November."

Earlier this month, Indonesia's Constitutional Court rejected defence arguments that the three should be beheaded, instead of being executed by firing squad, which, they argued, did not guarantee instant death and would amount to torture.

The BBC's Lucy Williamson in Jakarta says few Indonesians support the bombers, but the execution of men who say they were defending Islamic values is likely to spark some reaction even so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7688178.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The_Prince
10-25-2008, 07:17 PM
well their giving them what they want.

barrio79
10-25-2008, 09:52 PM
They said they were happy with the verdict at one stage and wanted to be martyrs to the cause now they are trying to weasel their way out and their spiritual leader wants to blame the CIA for a bad act after previously describing the event as a great event in the cause of mankind..
So now we are not sure if it was an act of martyrdom or an act of USA shockingdom

Indonesian cleric blames CIA for Bali bombing
October 17, 2008

Other related coverage
• Bali bombers will be shot within a fortnight
Advertisement
An Indonesian Islamic cleric linked to the three extremists awaiting execution for the Bali bombings said today the 2002 attack which killed more than 200 people, including 88 Australians, was the work of the CIA.
Abu Bakar Bashir told AFP the US intelligence agency had fired a nuclear missile at the Bali tourist strip from a ship off the coast.
"It has been mentioned as being a micro-nuclear bomb, not a regular bomb... The bomb was made by the CIA, it could be no one else," he said in his house at the Al-Mukmin Islamic boarding school on Indonesia's Java island.
He said the attack was a conspiracy between "America, Australia and the Jews" and the three convicted bombers -- Amrozi, Imam Samudra and Ali Ghufron -- had been framed.
"The bomb Amrozi set off, the first one, at most it shattered glass and didn't wound people, or at most wounded them a little," he said, sitting on the floor and wearing the white clothes and skullcap of a religious man.

barney
10-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Excellent. Evryones happy.

1)They think right up to the last second before they "find Jannah". that they are wonderful people and going to be very very happy, and finally get to drink a pint of mild.

2) The world is two nutcases safer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-26-2008, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barrio79
They said they were happy with the verdict at one stage and wanted to be martyrs to the cause now they are trying to weasel their way out and their spiritual leader wants to blame the CIA for a bad act after previously describing the event as a great event in the cause of mankind..
So now we are not sure if it was an act of martyrdom or an act of USA shockingdom

October 17, 2008

Other related coverage
Advertisement
An Indonesian Islamic cleric linked to the three extremists awaiting execution for the Bali bombings said today the 2002 attack which killed more than 200 people, including 88 Australians, was the work of the CIA.
Abu Bakar Bashir told AFP the US intelligence agency had fired a nuclear missile at the Bali tourist strip from a ship off the coast.
"It has been mentioned as being a micro-nuclear bomb, not a regular bomb... The bomb was made by the CIA, it could be no one else," he said in his house at the Al-Mukmin Islamic boarding school on Indonesia's Java island.
He said the attack was a conspiracy between "America, Australia and the Jews" and the three convicted bombers -- Amrozi, Imam Samudra and Ali Ghufron -- had been framed.
"The bomb Amrozi set off, the first one, at most it shattered glass and didn't wound people, or at most wounded them a little," he said, sitting on the floor and wearing the white clothes and skullcap of a religious man.

you always have such credible well sourced articles (the exhibitionist woman of Saudi Arabia seeking refuge for a fetish she can't help) amongst others.... we all can't wait to see what you are going to post next--

barrio79
10-26-2008, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
you always have such credible well sourced articles (the exhibitionist woman of Saudi Arabia seeking refuge for a fetish she can't help) amongst others.... we all can't wait to see what you are going to post next--

Just merely posting articles available from very ordinary down to earth newspapers ....But
remind me about the fetish one .I cannot remember

جوري
10-26-2008, 04:41 PM
you should source our articles!.. if for no principles or moral conduct at all, then to spare litigation over plagiarism! try to read the forum rules on posting un-sourced humble papers which apparently are in concert with your humble understanding, further, if you want your memory refreshed, how about you browse through the threads you've started?

barrio79
10-26-2008, 09:55 PM
what would be the source of this quote

For the skeptic, no amount of proof will be enough, and for the believer, no amount of proof is necessary.

barrio79
10-26-2008, 09:57 PM
can be found easily on smh.com. au

October 17, 2008

Other related coverage
Advertisement

جوري
10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
a quote is not news to be discussed under world's affairs.. you seem rather confused and without direction all the time? why is that?

جوري
10-26-2008, 10:00 PM
can be found easily on smh.com. au
indeed.. and thank you, the same reputable source you used last time for the woman about to be arrested for allegedly exposing her face!

Chuck
10-26-2008, 10:07 PM
a quote is not news to be discussed under world's affairs.. you seem rather confused and without direction all the time? why is that?
I like him, he is silly :D

barrio79
10-26-2008, 10:08 PM
indeed.. and thank you, the same reputable source you used last time for the woman about to be arrested for allegedly exposing her face!

The Sydney Morning Herald is a highly reputable newspaper , so I cannot see why one should not be allowed quote their reports on WORld Affairs , after all they are continuously reporting on World Affairs just in the same manner as all other reputable news outlets ..

جوري
10-26-2008, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
I like him, he is silly :D
he is silly-- but I have just had lebanese food and it is recurring on me, especially so after one of his many inane posts!

:w:

barrio79
10-26-2008, 10:11 PM
he is silly-- but I have just had lebanese food and it is recurring on me, especially so after one of his many inane posts!

my posts inane , well that's calling the kettle a different colour

جوري
10-26-2008, 10:13 PM
my posts inane , well that's calling the kettle a different colour
Don't like it here, don't like the posts here, don't like the members here, DON'T BE A MEMBER HERE!... how simple is that?

Chuck
10-26-2008, 10:16 PM
The Sydney Morning Herald is a highly reputable newspaper , so I cannot see why one should not be allowed quote their reports on WORld Affairs , after all they are continuously reporting on World Affairs just in the same manner as all other reputable news outlets ..
I hear it is as reputable as Fox News?

doorster
10-26-2008, 10:56 PM
...... don't like the posts here, ....... DON'T BE A MEMBER HERE!... how simple is that?
hehehe I got some similar messages too ;D

جوري
10-26-2008, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
hehehe I got some similar messages too :D

from who?

anyhow this is an Islamic forum-- I feel anyone with this much aversion or antipathy toward Islam or Muslims that simply rears itself on every post, has really no business being here, when there are (I am willing to bet) a zillion forum who'd welcome and foster that sort of mentality...

Imagine going on vacation to a place, and from day one, you dislike the climate, the food, the locals, the accomadations, the scenes.. what is the point of going there? why not save your hard earned mola (or in this case) illuminating opinion and dispense it where it is welcome both ways?

It is really a conundrum to me.. people who claim Muslims can't assimilate yet come here with this attitude.. expecting not sure exactly what? Applause?
or get vexed with me personally ( I assure you I had my share of hate PM's) for not being meek and feeble enough as Muslim women should be, as I often see on the web

they are not happy when you don't acquiesce to their mental image of you--mainly this

doorster
10-26-2008, 11:26 PM
from who?
:sl:
it was members of staff mostly which included threats of hell for being "un-brotherly" towards a member and accusation of "casting suspicions" on another.

but these days I'm being shunned as well as posts are deleted/edited esp. if there is any hint of me being anti-saudi/anti-saudi pets/anti barney etc.

just waiting to be deleted/banned etc, I am betting it will be before bario, the khan and the "follower" of Salaf who preaches "the descent from monkeys is possible"

جوري
10-26-2008, 11:32 PM
it was members of staff mostly which included threats of hell for being "un-brotherly" towards a member and accusation of "casting suspicions" on another.

but these days I'm being shunned as well as posts are deleted/edited esp. if there is any hint of me being anti-saudi/anti-saudi pets/anti barney etc.

just waiting to be deleted/banned etc, I am betting it will be before bario, the khan and the "follower" of Salaf but preacher of "the descent from monkeys is possible"

nah you won't be banned insha'Allah.. don't worry so much about being banned and share your genuine opinion.. judging from your nearly 6000 repute pts.. I don't think everyone wishes to shun you...

I have had a few posts deleted today, and some edited a couple of days ago.. I just smile and go on to the next thing..

you'll be alright.. you are welcome here...

barrio79
10-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Don't like it here, don't like the posts here, don't like the members here, DON'T BE A MEMBER HERE!... how simple is that?
But I like it here ; I enjoy the posts here and the comeradre and the light hearted banter too and fro , the exchange of ideas

buddy1
10-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Dont Argue!! lets all be friends!! :(

that was an interesting article, I agree, you do some very good articles!!

people shouldnt dig his articles when they make such an effort!! :D

Izyan
10-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Don't worry Barrio this is just their tactic to censure you. Stay vigilant.

doorster
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
Don't worry Barrio this is just their tactic to censure you. Stay vigilant.
earlier you tricked me in to liking you but now you have reminded me that there is no creature worse than ex-anything be it an ex smoker or ex-Muslim.

<snip>

Amadeus85
11-09-2008, 11:42 AM
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...News/NWELayout

sevgi
11-10-2008, 09:27 AM

just waiting to be deleted/banned etc, I am betting it will be before bario, the khan and the "follower" of Salaf who preaches "the descent from monkeys is possible"

lets leave doorster alone. i dnt get it..i think ur cool...eeek..maybe i shud be banned too...

KAding
11-11-2008, 01:18 AM
earlier you tricked me in to liking you but now you have reminded me that there is no creature worse than ex-anything be it an ex smoker or ex-Muslim.

<snip>
Whats wrong with ex-smokers? :(

Fishman
11-11-2008, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
lets leave doorster alone. i dnt get it..i think ur cool...eeek..maybe i shud be banned too...
Yes, Doorster pwns. We should keep him, he's a good member. Why ban somebody like Doorster when there are some complete extremists roaming freely in WA?

Malaikah
11-11-2008, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Whats wrong with ex-smokers? :(
Nothing at all!

(Except for their lungs, vascular epitheliums etc. But I digress)

maryam87
11-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I think this thread should be closed, the bali bombers were executed already. It like huge news here in Oz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.