/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your reaction speed

Kas1m
10-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Salam all
I went to this edinburgh festival thing in august and they had stalls and everything. There was a little hut by the Army and they had this taller than a man board which looked like a tree with round white bulbs at end of each branch. Two at the bottom, two at top and four in the middle. At the top it displays the time counting down from 60 seconds.
Basically what you have to do is stand in front of it and when one bulb lights you tap it with your hand and the next one lights. The more quicker you do it the more hits you get. Now one the bulbs at the bottom or top could be lit for a second and your thinking its the bottom one when its the top one lol this slows people down.
In a minute the average is 73. My brother hit 75 and i hit 80 bulbs which the army guy said is the highest. It was so much fun. Have you ever done somethin like that? I think my reaction speed is quite good. In other words reflex action.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
10-24-2008, 10:26 AM
That's pretty cool and no, to be honest I've never tried something like that.

crayon
10-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I've tried something like this, at a science centre.. It was a sort of model car you sit in, and you step on the gas pedal. When something lights up, it's supposed to be a deer on the road, and you're supposed to brake as fast as you can. My brother had above average reflexes, but mine were a high average.

Kas1m
10-24-2008, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Yeah, I've tried something like this, at a science centre.. It was a sort of model car you sit in, and you step on the gas pedal. When something lights up, it's supposed to be a deer on the road, and you're supposed to brake as fast as you can. My brother had above average reflexes, but mine were a high average.
The year before at the same festival i did that with the police car. He was demonstrating and you sit in the car and as soon as the car in front of you brake lights are on you hit the brake pedal. I had high score on that but this army thing was fun. Your like tap tap. The key thing is to stand a step back and get every bulb in your view. Think i can join the army?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.