/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what made u become closer to islam?

Nájlá
10-24-2008, 12:25 PM
:sl:

what made u become closer to islam?

share ur stories

just curious

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-24-2008, 12:30 PM
:wasalamex

A lot of things.

But amongst them, some of my teachers in school really inspired me.

The death of somebody in the family opened my eyes a little.

The plight of our suffering brothers and sisters around the world.

WassalamuAlaykum

maryam87
10-24-2008, 12:32 PM
THE QURAN, the more i read the closer i get

maryam87
10-24-2008, 12:33 PM
n what made me start reciting Quran more?
by replacing my music with islamic lectures

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
10-24-2008, 04:36 PM
mashallah

well my story is long but lets just say it was a singer that brought me closer to islam. now u might think i've actually spoke to this singer no i havent. also my brother in law brought me closer to islam.

Mikayeel
10-24-2008, 04:40 PM
:sl:

I was to affraid of jihns (at young age) nd i needed to seek protection. Nd i learned by becomig a good muslim you cast them away lool :D. (nd i mean I WAS REALLY AFRAID)

Inspiring stories which happened to family also made me realize that Allah is there watching me, nd i need to perform.

Nice idea btw sis :D

Nájlá
10-24-2008, 04:44 PM
loll yeh i used to be really scared of jins and what scared me the most was the day of judgement and also the dajjal.

btw what idea r u talkin about :? it was only a question

Mikayeel
10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
^The idea to open such a thread, because it can be usefull for others to read what inspired people to become better muslims.

Nájlá
10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
^ah ok lol

Ansariyah
10-24-2008, 05:07 PM
First Allah SWT, My parents, they've done so much for me. Seeing some of my olda siblings going the wrong path n what it has done to them. I promised myself that I wasn't going to end up like that. I didnt do that on my own tho. At some point I was in complete darkness...n I remember my father wud say to me "u dont have to touch the fire to know that it can burn u up". That made me think alot, and now I learned to say NO first hand. Not after trying something and realising, oh no, this is not right.

Alhamdulilah.

Na7lah
10-24-2008, 05:09 PM
i started getting closer to islam when one of my friends died we were 15 back then and it scared me so much and made me realize that death has no given age

Nájlá
11-08-2008, 02:58 PM
:bump:

transition?
11-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I had an awesome Islamic studies teacher!
Of course, you can lead a horse to the river, but you can't make it drink. I loved his lectures and the material. but I mean the actual worship and practicing built slowly.
To be honest, it's hard to say exactly how.
I don't know which event triggered gave me the greatest push, when so much happened.
I was blessed with worldly things. I wanted to be grateful, but everything was useless. I was born Muslim, but little by little I began to practice. I'm grateful my parents still kept up with some Islamic obligations. So I when truly understood its message and began accepting it, I didn't have to start from scratch.
I would sell this world for Islam. Islam gave me a purpose, a reason to be grateful.
Growing up, I realized from all the disbelief and engulfment in this dunya, I knew that was what I didn't want. But I had to look for what I did want. And Islam, I realized it was right there - what I wanted was Islam.

*~~AdAn~~*
11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
fear of death

Faith.
11-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Giving up music and lisiting to Qur'an more
Also fear of Death....(A close death opened my eyes a lot)

highway_trekker
11-08-2008, 08:14 PM
1. Parents alhamdulillaah, knowledgeable people that were around me as I was growing up
2. The suffering I became aware of in Bosnia during my childhood years really help me to connect with the need to belong, to be one and to unite upon the love of Allaah
3. The striving of those who upheld the Deen
4. Every attack against Islaam made me more proud to be a Muslim
5. I think being in a place where there were little if any people who practised made me yearn to find my Islaamic identity even more... I wanted to be rooted amongst those who uprooted every value that they should have lived by...

nice post wa jazaakillaahu khayran :)

yasin ibn Ahmad
11-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I started reading Quran when I was 17.I was reading 1-2 pages everyday.What I read was great things and I was really affected by them.One day I fall asleep in my room.There was no one besides me.I had a dream or nightmare.Actually I dont know what to call it.In my dream there was nothing except me.A complete darkness and I was in the middle of it.I screamed "aunt"(I was staying with my aunt).Then I decided to pray 5 times a day.And after I started praying I read lots of books about our beautiful religion.I never gave up reading about Islam.Now I am still a student of Islam.I regularly read a compilation of books called "Risale-i Nur by Bediuzzaman Said Nursi"

Nájlá
11-09-2008, 10:36 AM
^mashallah

was nice reading how u got closer to islam.

Zahida
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
:sl:As i was growing up, and saw the trials and tribulations and strife people went through......... as an adult i went through those same trials and tribulations, realising that nothing was in my own hands.......................:w::cry:

Danah
11-10-2008, 07:29 PM
simply............??

this forum

_PakistaN_
11-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Firstly
i am scared of the torments of the grave and the hell fire..I am afraid of death. The suffering i got made me get closer to islam.

noorseeker
11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
My friend came back one day from abroad,and started praying for a couple of weeks, hes quite persuasive, so i went along with him, and thought hey this is not so hard, looking back maybe i went because to keep him company.

Then he stopped, he got a job and that, so i did go on my own for a couple of weeks, but i came off it,

Couple of months later i had bad chest pains at night, and started thinking. and gradually Allahamdulillah started praying.

I think all it takes is just to sit down , take time out and think, and think about life.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.