/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Music

INsearch
10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Ok through my search in this board I have notice allot of people mention giving up music... I realize you guys might think I am putting allot of stuff on my plate as a new convert... but these kind of things I can handle easily. What is this referring to? all music in General? just secular music? or is it that we should really only listen to Islamic Music because all other music could distract us from Allah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kas1m
10-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Any music with a constant beat. When i think of music i remember a rare episode of samurai jack where he is surrounded by techno music and the music had trapped everybeing into trance and he fights it. Perfect example explaining the evilness of music

INsearch
10-24-2008, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
Any music with a constant beat. When i think of music i remember a rare episode of samurai jack where he is surrounded by techno music and the music had trapped everybeing into trance and he fights it. Perfect example explaining the evilness of music
Really? Music is viewed as evil? so is their any music that is not "evil"? Is their a verse anywhere in the noble Qur'an that states why it is evil?

Kas1m
10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by INsearch
Really? Music is viewed as evil? so is their any music that is not "evil"? Is their a verse anywhere in the noble Qur'an that states why it is evil?
Well its idle talk isnt it? Its a waste of time isnt it? I mean the time your giving to music, you could read Quran in that time. The thing with music is it weakens your Imaan and strength of that purification that you should have within your heart towards your real Creator

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
INsearch
10-24-2008, 07:05 PM
I understand :)

Kas1m
10-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I listen to only one type of music though. Was into rap and hip hop but thats long gone now. Now even if i try to listen i just find myself switching off the radio or player. I thank Allah for that. He can put whatever He wants in your heart and it happens. Amazing isnt it?

INsearch
10-24-2008, 07:20 PM
yes it is amazing :) I suppose rock and heavy metal. and death metal. and black metal are out of the question now right? lol.

Kas1m
10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
yes it is amazing :) I suppose rock and heavy metal. and death metal. and black metal are out of the question now right? lol.
Way way out man lol even a normal person doesnt go for it lol

The Khan
10-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I used to be a metalhead, lol.

I consider Music pointless anyway. Listen to Allah ke Bande by Kailash Kher sometimes though, when I'm in a bad mood, always lifts my mood and makes me feel at peace. :)

Hamayun
10-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Brother I hope you don't burn yourself out by trying to do too much at the same time.

But here is something for you. Sweet music and its Halal :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aXSw3QV9ByE

Brother Guven gets credit for finding it.

Edited: to agree with Brother Guven's post below :D

Güven
10-24-2008, 08:05 PM
^could you edit that please , it was sister Yanoorah who found it and i just made it known :)

here this one :D the Best one! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkPzg1vtEXU

INsearch
10-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Thank you guys :) and no I have not overloaded my plate yet lol.

INsearch
10-24-2008, 08:10 PM
thanks for the advice guys :) dont worry I wont be burning myself out to soon lol.

Mikayeel
10-24-2008, 08:11 PM
loool, black metal? death metal?? The cd case covers of these albums alone give me nightmares!!, thats why i close my eyes when i walk through that section, in search of my games.

Hamayun
10-24-2008, 08:12 PM
This one has me in tears every time I watch it. Watch it and tell me if it made you cry too. The words are so touching.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7IILr6YhBLo

alcurad
10-24-2008, 08:19 PM
bear in mind though, that music is not forbidden per se as many like to think...

Kas1m
10-24-2008, 08:19 PM
I only listen to Nusrat Fateh ali khan. No1 else

Kas1m
10-24-2008, 08:34 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vu6Yfq5fOK4

this one always makes me cry plus his voice. so beautiful mashallah. i dont understand arabic but its just so beautiful. the video

Fishman
10-24-2008, 09:41 PM
:sl: Despite music being prohibited, most religious occasions I've attended place just as much emphasis on the human voice as any other culture does. Christians have hymns, Muslims have naats.

alcurad
10-25-2008, 01:06 AM
rather, desi muslims have naats:)

Kas1m
10-25-2008, 06:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
rather, desi muslims have naats:)
And whats wrong with being desi? I listen to naat too and its not considered as melody unless you have the guitar piano and violen in the back then it wouldnt even be a naat.

INsearch
10-26-2008, 12:22 AM
I have just realized the evil of music with a beat!! it just made go "whoa!" I used to listen to some pretty heavy "satanic" heavy metal and today suddenly the beat (a catchy one at that) from one of the songs suddenly just started going off in my head the next thing I knew I was singing those (or humming) those terrible lyrics it took a small while to realize what i was doing!! I was absolutely astonished!

Kas1m
10-26-2008, 08:47 AM
I have just realized the evil of music with a beat!! it just made go "whoa!" I used to listen to some pretty heavy "satanic" heavy metal and today suddenly the beat (a catchy one at that) from one of the songs suddenly just started going off in my head the next thing I knew I was singing those (or humming) those terrible lyrics it took a small while to realize what i was doing!! I was absolutely astonished!
like cradle of filth rubbish? heard of that? i did only ONCE lol long time ago

Karina
10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Not all music with a beat is evil and satanic!

My mum used to work for a school for children with severe learning disabilities and they used music for therapy.

In fact, music therapy was highly effective in encouraging self-expression in those children who found it difficult to communicate in conventional ways. It was also a way for them to grow in confidence. Some rarely responded to anything other than music. Little smiley faces and lots of fun.

Is this so wrong?

Also, what is the stance on anti-war songs. Surely these are not considered wrong also?

INsearch
10-26-2008, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
like cradle of filth rubbish? heard of that? i did only ONCE lol long time ago
naaa more like Dimmu Borgir rubbish! (way, way worse than cradle of filth)

The Khan
10-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Brother, that used to happen to me as well. I too used to listen to Satanic black metal. Except in my case, Immortal/Burzum/Mayhem/etc music would play in my head... It's Shaytan trying to control your thoughts. Fight it.

Danny Filth is a cartoon, lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.