/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Absolutly terrible! :(

INsearch
10-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I need some advice big time..... although my family is Christian... they are always at each others throats... My dad (the strongest Christian of them all) he is constintally yelled at told to shut up and he just feels terrible he thinks we dont love him :cry::cry::cry:imsad we are all so terrible to him and do not respect him the way a father should be respected imsad what can i do? what is Islam's way of dealing with this? I want to try and do better but whenever I try to discuss these issues with my brothers and sister they just get upset and yell at me.... what do I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
10-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Who says shut up to him tell them to stop or the consquences(you, your sibilings parting away).

Ali_Cena
10-24-2008, 07:05 PM
:sl: sister

ummm i think you should try and get them to pray as thier is a lot of bad deeds going on in your house (fighting and arguing with your dad; which should be respected) well if thier are lots of angels in your house you wouldnt expect aruging, i suspect thier are lots of jins and bad thoughts around the house, and well seeing as thier are lots of kaafirs well disbelivers of Allah Almighty, try to get them to pray, and well on the path of inshallah islam, i mean if you came into islam then you could help them, i mean the debate with zakir niak and william cambell would be good as it talks about the bible and quran in the light of science.

so inshallah try to get them to pray and by coming closer to the truth they will find out that thier father needs lots of respect. hope that helped.:)

sorry for the lack of knowledge.

INsearch
10-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Well at the moment they dont even know about my conversion to Islam (they probably wont for a small while) I could try to get them to start praying.... its really getting bad.. I mean.. I have seen my dad cry because of how we have treated him :sad: it needs to stop! I wish I could get through to them! if i try to use the Bible to help them see what they are doing wrong.... wow... I become a hypocrite and they dont listen (sept for my older brother, but only for a small while) Their is such a split in my home :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
INsearch
10-24-2008, 07:28 PM
I hope to set a good example :) I am afraid the way they act is from the example I used to set :( sigh....

The Ruler
10-24-2008, 08:52 PM
^That means they must've thought it is cool to disrespect your dad. Now respect your dad and show them that this is the cooler way.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2008, 09:08 PM
well bro its ok, if they dont change then thats not your fault!

but concentrate on changing yourself first! treat your father as a father deserves to be treated!

may Allah reward you and guide us all Ameen :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.