/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dealing with people that have a prejudice

seeker-of-light
10-24-2008, 10:05 PM
today i had someone say this to me i copied it from a message i recieved from them:
well if i tell you the truth, its even worst with that one
thing is i really dislike arabian peoples
they are indeed annoying greedy not to mention selfish and not humble at all
i haven't met a single arabic person that i consider worth even the poor ones like to mess with the others

this really offended me, not because i am arabic but because i am a muslim. i tried to tell him to not look at groups of people like that, that it is prejudice and stereotyping and not of god. but he wouldn't listen to me. i wonder why are people prejudiced like this against other people? why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
10-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Sometimes people have bad experiences with a certain person, and blame it on the entire race/religion/skin color/etc. What I do with people like this is try to talk to them and tell them that everyone is different, people should not be condemned to certain negative qualities just because of their race/religion/etc. If they keep it up, just ignore them and let them live in their own little delusional world.

seeker-of-light
10-25-2008, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Sometimes people have bad experiences with a certain person, and blame it on the entire race/religion/skin color/etc. What I do with people like this is try to talk to them and tell them that everyone is different, people should not be condemned to certain negative qualities just because of their race/religion/etc. If they keep it up, just ignore them and let them live in their own little delusional world.
thanks for your advice^^i will try that

Ali.
10-25-2008, 10:15 PM
That is very hard to deal with, and to an extent impossible for you to convince that person unless they are willing to open their mind a bit. The advice above is also good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.