/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need an answer :)

INsearch
10-24-2008, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
i agree with antikaratekid:) you should decide when is too soon for yourself. be sure that you have knowledge, certainty, acceptance, submission and compliance, truthfulness, sincerity, love, denying every other object of worship, and adhering to the shahadah when you do make the decision to convert:)these are the nine conditions of the shahadah
Sorry if you feel like I am putting you out on the spot, this is not a "you suck" kinda thing I just need a question I have about this post answered and well......I need it soon lol I dont want to go to bed without an answer lol. after I get it You guys can close it down if you like. (thats of course if it gets put up:D)

ooooook I am worried about the currently bolded section. I hope I had knowledge enough.. submission and compliance? I think that is evident by my trying to follow Allah? I hope I did it in Truthfulness and I hope I did it in sincerity (I tend to doubt myself and my actions if I think I am being sincere I imediately doubt that I am being sincere :enough!: ) I hope I took the Shahada in love.... tho love was not on my mind ( I dont think) and I am hoping I am having certainty... now heres my little thorn.... What if any of those where missing? does that make my Shahada void? if so.... how are you suppose to know that those are all present?imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamayun
10-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Brother first of all I admire your dedication. :)

I think you really need to relax. Take things slowly.

You took Shahada with all the right intentions.

You did it because you believe without doubt that there is only one deity worthy of worship and that Muhammad (PBUH) along with the messengers before him are messengers of Allah.

You have done your bit with all honesty. To accept your Shahada is upto Allah but I don't think you have done anything wrong.

Just read the Quran and pray to Allah. Everything will fall into place soon.

Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.