/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Abortion?

wth1257
10-25-2008, 02:25 AM
is it moral, is it important to consider in voteing in elections?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kwolney01
10-25-2008, 02:51 AM
I'm personally against abortion being a Muslim and all. It may be important to use it in deciding a president if you believe everything else the person is saying. I myself do not support John McCain because I don't share his views on the other issues. I will vote Obama instead, even though he may be pro-choice. I know a lot of people vote on this subject along. I think women are going to choose to do it either way. If we make it illegal they will simply go somewhere else less safe to get it done or just do it themselves. I myself would rather have them go somewhere safe then have to do it themselves or go somewhere where they may die. Don't get me wrong though I do not support abortion and I do not support people who do it simply because they don't want to have the baby. There are other options other then abortion like adoption. I just don't think someone should vote simply on this issue.

جوري
10-25-2008, 03:16 AM
politicians are idiots and they prey on the simplicity of the public...
the court order of Roe v. Wade was never to legalize abortion, rather to put an age limit to when an abortion can be had legally!

whether politicians try or not to reverse that decision, it won't change matters one bit, if not, if a mother's life is at stake, in medicine her health becomes first and in Islam her health also becomes first so they are in concert according to the verse:

وَالْوَالِدَاتُ يُرْضِعْنَ أَوْلاَدَهُنَّ حَوْلَيْنِ كَامِلَيْنِ لِمَنْ أَرَادَ أَن يُتِمَّ الرَّضَاعَةَ وَعلَى الْمَوْلُودِ لَهُ رِزْقُهُنَّ وَكِسْوَتُهُنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ لاَ تُكَلَّفُ نَفْسٌ إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لاَ تُضَآرَّ وَالِدَةٌ بِوَلَدِهَا وَلاَ مَوْلُودٌ لَّهُ بِوَلَدِهِ وَعَلَى الْوَارِثِ مِثْلُ ذَلِكَ فَإِنْ أَرَادَا فِصَالاً عَن تَرَاضٍ مِّنْهُمَا وَتَشَاوُرٍ فَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْهِمَا وَإِنْ أَرَدتُّمْ أَن تَسْتَرْضِعُواْ أَوْلاَدَكُمْ فَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذَا سَلَّمْتُم مَّا آتَيْتُم بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَاتَّقُواْ اللّهَ وَاعْلَمُواْ أَنَّ اللّهَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ {233}
[Pickthal 2:233] Mothers shall suckle their children for two whole years; (that is) for those who wish to complete the suckling. The duty of feeding and clothing nursing mothers in a seemly manner is upon the father of the child. No-one should be charged beyond his capacity. A mother should not be made to suffer because of her child, nor should he to whom the child is born (be made to suffer) because of his child. And on the (father's) heir is incumbent the like of that (which was incumbent on the father). If they desire to wean the child by mutual consent and (after) consultation, it is no sin for them; and if ye wish to give your children out to nurse, it is no sin for you, provide that ye pay what is due from you in kindness. Observe your duty to Allah, and know that Allah is Seer of what ye do.

as for abortions as birth control methods, very few unscrupulous phyisicians will violate their hippocratic oath, as those sort of abortions aren't carried out in hospitals and must be done in shady clinics.. so both the adulterers and the people looking to butter their bread by killing babies will ALWAYS find a way to carry their practice.. the only thing a politician might do with needless promises is to cause the death of many an idiot who choose to home abort or subscribe to some un-sterile techniques to obtain their means...

so in short, no politician promise influences me one way or the other, it often comes down to choosing the lesser of two evils.. vote for the moron or the super moron basically.. I wash my hands of either...

cheers

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.