/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If it was not for the calamities of this life...

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2008, 10:53 AM
:sl:

Some of the people of al-Madinah once said,

“If it was not for the calamities of this life, we would be bankrupt of rewards on the Day of Resurrection.”

Taken from: Healing with the medicine of the Prophet, (Sallalahu aleyhi wa sallam) By, Imam ibn al-Qayyim al-Jauziyyah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
مـحـمد نـبـينا
11-04-2008, 04:32 PM
:wasalamex

sub7aana Allah : ( true true true!! jazaaki Allahu kheir ukhti.

:w:

Re.TiReD
11-04-2008, 04:33 PM
:salamext:

JazakAllah khayr to the one who bumped this.

May Allah (swt) grant you a plce in Jannah and forgive all your sins. Ameen

Faith.
11-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Ameen :sunny:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
مـحـمد نـبـينا
11-06-2008, 05:05 AM

^ Allahomma aminnn!

:w:

MO783
11-06-2008, 01:19 PM

Sorry for being thinck but I dont really get it can someon please explain

Jazakallah

Re.TiReD
11-06-2008, 01:24 PM

You're not thick alhamdulillah.

Have you read this hadeeth before?

Nabi (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) has said:

"A Muslim is never afflicted with any trouble, pain, anxiety, sorrow, harm, grief, upto the extent of a thorn that pricks him, except that Allah expiates his sins thereby."

MO783
11-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes i have heard of this ?

so what are you saying, I think I am tired

Re.TiReD
11-06-2008, 01:37 PM
lol sorry, besically I'm saying that Allah only tests those that He loves, calamities are an expiation of sins, ergo....more reward bi'ithnillah!

Was it Muhammad Ash-Shareef who said that Allah (swt) wont give you the same pain twice ...He'll either give it you here or in the hereafter, Wallahu A'lam.

MO783
11-06-2008, 02:33 PM
I am abit unsure about the quote "Do not ever accept companionship from women, for their hearts are quick to soften -Abul Otahia, rahimahullah"

What it exactly means as women is a comfort for men, etc. Especially when we get married its a companion for us, someone to share thoughts, love etc

Or Am I totally mis understanding what it means ?

Re.TiReD
11-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh, that's part of the sisters signature. I have no idea of the context so couldnt possibly comment.

Just suffice to say that women are generally emotionally weaker than men.

And yes, when it comes to marriage, well thats a different kettle of fish. lol

MO783
11-06-2008, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
Oh, that's part of the sisters signature. I have no idea of the context so couldnt possibly comment.

Just suffice to say that women are generally emotionally weaker than men.

And yes, when it comes to marriage, well thats a different kettle of fish. lol
yes i no wat u mean. i no but women also give birth to children

Re.TiReD
11-06-2008, 03:05 PM
That's the beauty of creation isnt it, Allah (swt) gave her strength in some ways that even men couldnt handle ... but then made men emotionally and physically stronger also.

Insha'Allah the sis will explain her quote better.

MO783
11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
do you no this sister, ask her to make me understand, im not that clever. As far as i new Allah made men and women a companion for each other

Re.TiReD
11-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Aw subhanAllah. Lol. She'll explain insha'Allah.

It's just that 'companionship' in that quote could mean anything. Doesnt say anything about marriage as far as I know ;p

MO783
11-06-2008, 03:30 PM
yes thats why i was asking if anyone really knows wat it means, we will see

Ummu Sufyaan
11-07-2008, 06:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MO783
I am abit unsure about the quote "Do not ever accept companionship from women, for their hearts are quick to soften -Abul Otahia, rahimahullah"

What it exactly means as women is a comfort for men, etc. Especially when we get married its a companion for us, someone to share thoughts, love etc

Or Am I totally mis understanding what it means ?
no, it definatley means outside of marriage...do not befriend women outside of marriage (or if your a women, do not befriend a guy) because (as women) our hearts do soften quicker :-[
so basically ...due to our soft hearts we may take a dudes companionship the wrong way

i hope im making sense here :? :-[

btw that quote isnt meant to be a diss to women (if anyone was taking it that way).

MO783
11-07-2008, 01:01 PM
yes i think i am starting to understand the quote now. It is true outside marraige if they take a guy for companionship they can get hurt easily as well.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-03-2009, 02:25 AM
bump...

Ummu Sufyaan
06-08-2010, 02:21 PM
*bump...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.