/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about my Shahada?

INsearch
10-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Dont you love it when you feel fine then you remember something and it just bothers you to death!! well here is the thing... Like I have said.. I had a prior interest in Islam several years ago... in fact... like ummmmm many years ago? their was many times long ago I have said the Shahada but like I dunno the very next day I was like "forget it!" I have probably said the Shahada like.... 2 times before this current time but each time within a day I gave up and just mocked Islam like I was never interested... I dont think I really got much of what I did either... you see I am wondering if those where valid? I am hoping notimsad I had committed allot of sins since then lots small some pretty big, and when I did my Shahada I was so happy that those previous sins where now forgiven because of it :) but now I am questioning whether the ones from the past where valid?:exhausted^o) I dont believe I was really sincere....I just did it and.... forgot about it within a day or two.... so what? where they valid? (I hope not) if they where... are my sins since then still erased because of my current Shahada? :-\

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
10-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Allahu A'lim (Allah knows) really, none of us can say. But if you take Shahadah it must be sincere. Again, Allahu A'lim.

INsearch
10-25-2008, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Allahu A'lim (Allah knows) really, none of us can say. But if you take Shahadah it must be sincere. Again, Allahu A'lim.
Honestly I dont think they where^o) back then I was looking into all sorts of religions^o) mainly I was going with what seemed to me to look cool.... besides if I was sincere in my Shahada's of back then surely I would of continued on with Islam? I think that shows I couldn't give a crap about Islam? but if it was sincere... and the one i performed 2 days ago was also sincere does that still wipe all my past sins clean?

Ali.
10-25-2008, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by INsearch
and the one i performed 2 days ago was also sincere does that still wipe all my past sins clean?
Nobody apart from Allah [swt] can say whether your sins are wiped clean or not. If you now consider yourself a Muslim, you have just got to continue living life as a Muslim, doing good deeds and trying your best to prevent from doing bad deeds. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Khan
10-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Yes akhee, it did. The one which was sincere and from the heart. That's what I believe anyway. Allah (SWT) knows best. He is oft-forgiving, most merciful, and most understanding. :)

INsearch
10-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Yes now is the time I actually consider myself a Muslim back then I was really doing it for shock value and such.... I had no full understanding of such things..... I was not worried the way I am now as to wether I did it right and such I just did not care :( but I will continue to live as a Muslim and do good deeds but just in case.... I will ask for forgivness of one particular big sin :)

moussa
10-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Brother, I too am a revert... and I can tell you that you are in for a long but rewarding journey.

Where is what I can tell you about Islam and being a Muslim. It's not something you're interested about one day, and the next day you forget about it.

Islam is not going to Chruch on Sundays, being a good person for that 1 day, and sinning the rest of the week.

Being a Muslim is not a religion, its a way of life. There is no faking or acting, it comes from the heart. Its a submission to Allah. 24 hours a day, 365 days a week.

Good Luck in finding your search.

INsearch
10-25-2008, 10:54 PM
thank you :) you have shown me that just by the fact I am really trying to follow Allah to the best of my ability I have Sincerity and was sincere in my Shahadah :) thanks :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.