/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain this verse to me.

_PakistaN_
10-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Rasulullah (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) is reported to have said, "A person neglecting his Salaah (even though he makes it up later) shall remain in Jahannam for a period of one huqb. A Huqb is equal to eighty years of three hundred and sixty days each, and a day in Akhirah shall equal one thousand years of this world." Huqb literally means a very long time; in most Ahadith it is explained as being eighty years as given above.

Do those bold words mean that for example if a person does kaza for his salaah he will still be punished for it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-26-2008, 05:26 AM
:sl:

I am not qualified to give Tasfir. However, I find that if we ask the right questions and look in the right places, we can gain some insight.

I will simply answer this with a few questions.

1. Will we be punished for our sins?

2. will we be rewarded for our good deeds?

3. Is having our punishments reduced one of the rewards for our good deeds?

4. Is Allaah(swt) all just and the most mercifull?

_PakistaN_
10-26-2008, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I am not qualified to give Tasfir. However, I find that if we ask the right questions and look in the right places, we can gain some insight.

I will simply answer this with a few questions.

1. Will we be punished for our sins?

2. will we be rewarded for our good deeds?

3. Is having our punishments reduced one of the rewards for our good deeds?

4. Is Allaah(swt) all just and the most mercifull?
i dont know what u mean by that but u didnt answer my question

جوري
10-26-2008, 07:13 AM
Do you have a source for your hadith so we can check its authenticity and/or ask a scholar about it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_PakistaN_
10-26-2008, 07:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Do you have a source for your hadith so we can check its authenticity and/or ask a scholar about it?
yes heres the websitehttp://www.myiwc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3945

جوري
10-26-2008, 07:24 AM
I think we need more than narrated by
Abu al-Layth al-Samarqandi

I need some Isnad, as well which volume of which compendium it is included in
i.e Sahih Bukhari
Sahih Muslim
Sunan Abu-Dawud
Malik's Muwatta

I can't do a search now anyhow since it is nearly 4am..
the take home message should be not to neglect your prayers willfully..

:w:

YusufNoor
10-26-2008, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Rasulullah (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) is reported to have said, "A person neglecting his Salaah (even though he makes it up later) shall remain in Jahannam for a period of one huqb. A Huqb is equal to eighty years of three hundred and sixty days each, and a day in Akhirah shall equal one thousand years of this world." Huqb literally means a very long time; in most Ahadith it is explained as being eighty years as given above.

Do those bold words mean that for example if a person does kaza for his salaah he will still be punished for it?

please note that you put the wrong part in bold! please look at it this way:

"A person neglecting his Salaah (even though he makes it up later shall remain in Jahannam for a period of one huqb. A Huqb is equal to eighty years of three hundred and sixty days each, and a day in Akhirah shall equal one thousand years of this world."

it does NOT say that a Mu'min who, with circumstances being beyond his control, missed Salaah and made it up! it says: A person neglecting his Salaah! might Allah[swt] put such a person in the hellfire? Allah[swt] knows best, but hey, NEGLECTING SALAAH!

if you choose NOT to pray then you are Abdul Shaytan and NOT Abdur Rahman!

get it?

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.