/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Easy way to gain weight

Abu Muslim
10-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Lifestyle section, how appropiate..and this is apart from having lots of cakes.

The easy way to gain weight

19 10 2008 Before you think this has become some sort of health blog and Im encouraging everyone to eat like there’s no tomorrow, this is one type of weight we all need to gain. Most people don’t want to be fat or large and usually want to lose weight if there is a need while others who are underweight intend to put on more weight. In order to do this they would eat more and try to gain muscle and do whatever is needed to be a little heavier. Point being whether you want to lose weight or gain weight, you do what it takes to do so. But on the day when the scales are measured and everyone wants their scales to be heavy, theres a simple way to increase it.

Abu Darda reported the Prophet of Allah [salAllahu alayhi wa salam] said:
“Nothing is weightier on the Scale of Deeds than one’s good manners.”[Bukharee]

There are many other ways and the dhikrullah is also something mentioned in a hadeeth as being heavy on the scales but if we try our upmost to have good manners which is free anyways, then our scales will also be heavy. In the case of yawmul qiyyamah, being heavy is a good thing and this really is the easy way to gain weight *smiles*

taken from dhikrullah.com blog

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musaafirah
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Jazakallah bro!

Re.TiReD
10-26-2008, 10:43 PM
lol! Masha'Allah that was nice :thumbs_up

Zarmina
10-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Very nice, I thought the post was going to be about something else. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
11-01-2008, 03:33 AM
mashaAllah. A nice surprise!

Na7lah
11-01-2008, 03:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
mashaAllah. A nice surprise!
Na3am :thumbs_up

barney
11-01-2008, 03:43 AM
Good post.
Another way is this:

جوري
11-01-2008, 04:09 AM
I must ask and want an honest answer to this.. why do the brits put corn on everything including pizza? that is just disgusting ...
sorry to be offensive for those of you who like it that way.. in fact I like anchovies on mine :D

barney
11-01-2008, 04:35 AM
Umm. i wasnt awarer that we did.
Pizza sure, but apart from that we just eat it on the cob with butter.

We put cheese on chips.Also, and i just KNOW this will make you squirm...In Yorkshire we eat something called Black Pudding. Its Fried Pigs Blood.

And it tastes crap.

Abu Ilyas
11-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Mashallah, very unexpected thread:)

Jazakallahu Khayr

جوري
11-01-2008, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Umm. i wasnt awarer that we did.
Pizza sure, but apart from that we just eat it on the cob with butter.

We put cheese on chips.Also, and i just KNOW this will make you squirm...In Yorkshire we eat something called Black Pudding. Its Fried Pigs Blood.

And it tastes crap.
yeah I am aware of that too.. the food wasn't very appetizing in England in general.. I ended up eating alot of Indian food, which under normal circumstances I don't like either.. but it was of choosing the lesser of two evils... although when I ended up in the hospital for food poisoning after eating a samosa from a street vendor I wasn't sure I chose wisely..
I have seen corn in everything including those sandwiches they sell at Tesco
also all the salad dressing had some form of alcohol -- and for a country that loves its tea, no one ever got my tea correct... people simply shouldn't put milk in your tea unless you ask for it no?

toward the end of my stay I had 'fish n chips' every day.. and was grateful they were skilled at that!

Muezzin
11-01-2008, 05:34 PM
^Did you try a jacket potato? That is the most fantastic dish to come out of the British Isles.

And I like the subject of this thread very much. It reminds me of a Jolly Fat Man.

mediadave
11-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Don't get me started on British food. I love it! People just have prejudices.

Don't know what you mean about corn though. I hardly ever eat corn...

And Black pudding (You get it all over the UK) is lovely. Though obviously muslims shouldn't eat it...

Not as nice as Haggis though :)

جوري
11-01-2008, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
^Did you try a jacket potato? That is the most fantastic dish to come out of the British Isles.

And I like the subject of this thread very much. It reminds me of a Jolly Fat Man.
:sl:

I befriended this very domesticated 'lass' who had a very unusual accent, in the beginning I used to smile and nod alot but sob7an Allah two weeks into it, I totally understood what she was saying ( I do digress) she loved cooking, and she surprised me once with some sort of 'sheep' dish and jacket potatoes.. I was grateful given that I don't cook and didn't want to attempt it, she was surprisingly skilled at cooking--

I am not discriminating against British food alone (although it really was very bad)-- I ended up learning of a nice dish through trial and error wish I could have it again, believe it was called 'chatt'? it was made of garbanzo beans and crackers and yogurt .. it was a cool and easy on the stomach.. when I came back to the states and ordered it in an indo restaurant it wasn't as good as I had had in England -- something good did come of my trip.. also the lotion there and shower gels smell nicer than we have in the states (phone technology) is better too and the cabs look chic, and well luton airport can take you anywhere in Europe for lesser than it is to go to west london so it wasn't so bad :D

:w:

Muezzin
11-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Chaat is indeed delish.

If every single person of every persuasion served a bowl of chaat to others with a smile, the world would be a big smiley bowl of yoghurt.

barney
11-02-2008, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine

I befriended this very domesticated 'lass' who had a very unusual accent,...........and she surprised me once with some sort of 'sheep' dish and jacket potatoes.. :

I think she was probably a Scot and the dish was Haggis & Tatties. Thats a scottish national dish.

جوري
11-02-2008, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Chaat is indeed delish.

If every single person of every persuasion served a bowl of chaat to others with a smile, the world would be a big smiley bowl of yoghurt.
Ha brilliant that is the one.. actually looked better in real life than those pix.. they don't make it very well here in the U.S.. it was a one time fluke I am starting to believe -- :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I think she was probably a Scot and the dish was Haggis & Tatties. Thats a scottish national dish.
She told me where she was from in the early days indeed (when I understood nothing).. I didn't want to seem rude by asking her again... she could have been from Saskatchewan for all I know.. I just looked enthused and smiled alot...

off to google haggies and tatties ...

Yanal
11-02-2008, 07:00 PM
True, here are my 10 ways to gain weight.
1. Watch TV with a bag of patato chips
2. Sitting in the toilet all day.
3. Staying on LI ( good thing)
4.Playing Video Games
5. Not joining Athelitic things.
6.Sleeping and Eating.
7.Sitting on the sofa.
8.No clue
9. No clue
10. No clue

Which ones do you do?

mediadave
11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I am not discriminating against British food alone (although it really was very bad)
Awww imsad

How long were you in the Uk? How much British food did you actually have? I'm sure there's plenty of British food you'd like. Haggis, shepard's pie, roast lamb. Anyways, never mind. If it was Haggis you had, and if you did like it, then that's pretty extreme so I'll give you props.

جوري
11-02-2008, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mediadave
Awww imsad
ne sois pas triste

How long were you in the Uk?
two bloody yrs :lol:

How much British food did you actually have?
considering that I don't know how to cook at least once or twice a day.. I do know how to butter my 'crumpets' and honestly even those took a little getting used to..

they always seemed a little un-made

compared to what I am used to

I'm sure there's plenty of British food you'd like. Haggis, shepard's pie, roast lamb. Anyways, never mind. If it was Haggis you had, and if you did like it, then that's pretty extreme so I'll give you props.

I was fasting the day she made it, anything she would have made would have been great

I do miss England at times, it was charming otherwise...

peace

mediadave
11-02-2008, 09:20 PM
I guess it'd actually be pretty hard for a muslim to get proper traditional British food, as outside of home cooking, the only places that actually serve it are pubs really - and even pubs can be pretty variable in quality. You won't find a 'British' restaurant, unlike French or Italian restaurants.

So don't worry about not liking our food! You probably didn't get to try the good stuff.

PuRePoiSon
11-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Topic Deterioration

- P

edil
11-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Masha'allah nice post bro!!!!!!!!!!!! Jizaka'allah Khayr.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.