/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Talbina

FatimaAsSideqah
10-26-2008, 10:10 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Authentic Narrations About Talbina
by Abdulilah Lahmami

Aisha (may Allaah be pleased with her) used to recommend Talbina for the sick and for one who is grieving over a dead person. She (may Allaah be pleased with her) used to say, "I heard the Messenger (Sallallaahu ءlayhi Wasallam) saying, 'The Talbina gives rest to the heart of the patient and makes it active and relieves some of his sorrow and grief.' " [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5689)].

Aisha (may Allaah be pleased with her) said that whenever one of her relatives died, the women assembled and then dispersed (returned to their homes) except her relatives and close friends. She (may Allaah be pleased with her) would order that a pot of Talbina be cooked. Then Tharid (a dish prepared from meat and bread) would be prepared and the Talbina would be poured on it. Aisha (may Allaah be pleased with her) would say (to the women), "Eat of it, for I heard the Messenger (Sallallaahu ءlayhi Wasallam) saying, 'The Talbina soothes the heart of the patient and relieves him from some of his sadness.' " [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5690)].

Hisham's father (may Allaah be pleased with them) said, "Aisha (may Allaah be pleased with her) used to recommend Talbina and used to say, 'It is disliked (by the patient) although it is beneficial.' ' [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5690)].

The Messenger (Sallallaahu ءalayhi Wasallam) said, "I encourage you to use that which is disliked but beneficial (Talbina) for by the One whose hand Muhammad's soul is in, it cleans the stomach of one of you just as dirt is cleaned from the face with water." [Mustadrak of Haakim (7455), Saheeh as Dhahabi mentioned in 'Talkhees' taken from Maktaba Shaamilah, See also Mustadrak (8245) whose chain is upon the condition of Bukhaaree as Dhahabi mentioned].

Aisha (may Allaah be pleased with her) narrated, "If any of the Messenger's (Sallallaahu ءlayhi Wasallam) family became ill, the Messenger (Sallallaahu ءlayhi Wasallam) would say, 'It soothes the grieving heart and cleanses the ailing heart just as one of you cleans dirt off his face with water.' " [Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah (3445), hadeeth hasan].

Aishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) narrated that the Messenger (Sallallaahu ءalayhi Wasallam) said, "You should eat the beneficial thing that is unpleasant to eat (Talbina), meaning broth. If any member of the Messenger of Allaah's family was sick, the cooking pot would remain on the fire until one of two things happened, either the person recovered or died." [Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah (3446) hadeeth hasan].

The Recipe

Talbina is made by adding 1-2 tablespoon of barley flour (must be 100% wholegrain barley flour) to one and a half cups of water. Place on low heat for 10-15 minutes (optional: add milk or yoghurt and sweeten with honey). Drink at least 1 cup daily. This may also be added to soup or any dish for flavour and as a thickener.

Alternatively you may add 1-2 tablespoon of barley flour (must be 100% wholegrain barley flour) to one and a half cups of milk. Place on low heat for 10-15 minutes. You may sweeten with honey. Drink at least 1 cup daily.

Source from http://abdurrahman.org/health/talbina.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
10-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Jazaak'Allah Khair for approved.

Re.TiReD
10-26-2008, 11:02 PM
:salamext:

WoW

I've never heard of this before sis.

JazakAllah khayr

FatimaAsSideqah
10-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Me too! I'll trying to make that in one day, Insha'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!