/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Musical Phones with advice: Before you Dial

FatimaAsSideqah
10-26-2008, 11:45 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

You cannot escape it at many supermarkets or garages, in buses or taxis. Stop at a red traffic light, and your ears are bombarded from the car next to you. However, the last straw is ... the PHONE. Dial a number, ask for Muslim Brother so-and-so, and if he is busy, you are put on hold. Then, out of the blue, the silence is shattered by sin, by music from the receiver. You cannot switch it off — unless you slam down the phone. If you just have to talk to so-and-so, you have no option but to involve yourself in listening to that sin to some extent.

HEAVY ROCK

"But they don't play 'heavy rock music' on the phone," one person protested. The reality of the matter is that a heavy rock should be thrown at ALL music and it should be silenced for ever. After all, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is reported to have said: "I have been SENT to DESTROY musical instruments." (Mishkaat, v.2 p.318)

In one hadith Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is reported to have said: "When my Ummah will become involved in 15 actions, calamities will befall them. (Among these 15 is)...when dancing girls and musical instruments will become rife." (Mishkaat) How much more rife can it become when you are not safe even on a private telephone line. When it has become this rife, the constant calamities that befall us should come as no surprise.

SIN FOR FREE

By playing music on the telephone one will have to bear the burden of the sin of all those who listen to it, due to becoming the means of their involvement in that sin. This is what you can call "sin for free." The person who played it on his phone perhaps did not even hear it himself , but he is reaping the sins of all those who have to listen to it when they phone him.

Every Mu'min is supposed to pass on the message of Islam at all times, by word and deed. He should be a means of guiding others towards noble and righteous actions. It does not behove of him to become a means of involving others in sin and do the job of the shayateen. May Allah protect us!

Advice: Before you Dial

The Glorious Qur'an is explicit with regard to the injunction of seeking permission before entering anyone's home. However, by means of the telephone, one enters to some extent right into the persons house, whether he likes it or not. Therefore, it is important to observe certain etiquettes when intending to telephone someone.

It is not proper to phone a person at such a time when it is known that he is generally sleeping, eating or engaged in some other necessity at that time. An emergency is excluded.

If a person has to be telephoned regularly, enquire of him as to which time will be suitable to phone him. Then be punctual upon that time.

If one has to conduct a lengthy conversation, enquire of the person whether he has the time. (Ma'ariful Qur'an)

Source from http://www.theikhlaas.com/resources/...rticle302.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
10-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Jazaak'Allah Khair for approved.

FatimaAsSideqah
10-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Ermmmm :bump:

MO783
10-28-2008, 01:30 PM
:sl:

Jazakallah,

to be honest I did not understand what the thread means, Sorry

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
maryam87
10-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Yep i have to agee, im confused what was the msg behind this sis

Afifa
10-28-2008, 02:27 PM
:sl:
its about that music is around us everwhere and most places it cant be avoided like supermarkets but sometimes when we ring somewhere or someone we'r put on hold and during that time we're on hold , on comes the music on the phone...so the message behind it is that even in doing this or this happening is sin so ring when you know he person is available and you know you wont be put on hold.
(right sis?)

MO783
10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
I do not know it being about being a sin as in some cases its impossible to avoid music coming to you. In a supermarket, on hold etc. Islam is a very flexible religion. I no for a fact that I have been in situations wher I have had no chlice but to call places etc, like at work and you are on hold and music is playing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.