/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaykh al-Kalbaani in the UK!!!

Al-Hanbali
10-27-2008, 12:08 AM
:salamext:

Shaykh al-Kalbaani (led the Taraweeh salaah at Masjid al-Haram this year) is currently in the UK. He was present at the Global Peace & Unity '08.

InshaAllaah, he will leading the 'Ishaa salaah at the East London Mosque tomorrow at 7:30pm.

Also, he will be leading the Maghrib salaah at Quwwatul Mosque in Preston on Tuesday and....

...'Ishaa salaah at Masjid Zakariyyah in Bolton

Maghrib at Green Lane Masjid, Birmingham, on Wednesday 29th, inshaAllaah....

InshaAllaah he may lead elsewhere too.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
10-27-2008, 12:13 AM

^

It's confirmed. I know one brother spoke to him over the phone.

Al-Hanbali
10-27-2008, 12:29 AM

^ Yup ... I believe the Shaykh can speak a little bit of english....

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-27-2008, 12:39 AM
:sl:

Needless to say, please record!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlackMamba
10-27-2008, 04:07 AM
Why can't any of them ever come to USA?!

BlissfullyJaded
10-27-2008, 04:40 AM

^ They can. They have to be called. They don't just go on their own... Sheikh Sudais came years back to Cali when Masjid Rahmaan was fundraising and they invited him and he was at ISNA several years ago too. And Sheikh Jaabir came once in the 90's to the Seerah conference they hold annually. And Sheikh Thubayty came to NY a few years ago. Trust me, they're not avoiding the USA, they just have to be called. If you talk to the right people who have studied in Saudi Arabia and can work with the Embassy, it can be done.

Anyways, I'm lookin forward to the recordings! :)

S_87
10-27-2008, 01:38 PM
hmm the zakariyya masjid in bolton has women facilities right?

Re.TiReD
10-27-2008, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
hmm the zakariyya masjid in bolton has women facilities right?
What about the one closer to home?

S_87
10-27-2008, 01:45 PM
never heard of that masjid. lol

Al-Hanbali
10-27-2008, 02:52 PM
The Shaykh will also be giving a short talk after the 'Ishaa salaah today.

'Abd-al Latif
10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
never heard of that masjid. lol
If you're in UK then it's in WhiteChapel, London. If you are and you want to come then ask anyone there about ELM (East London Mosque) or LMC (London Muslim Center). It's a huge masjid, you can't miss it.

w/salam

zaheer
10-27-2008, 08:13 PM
he is in preston at quwatul islam masjid tomorrow. he will be leading maghrib salaat.

Güven
10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
SubhanAllah!

I never heard of this Sheikh before,
so I searched and listened some recitations of him and guess what...it was BEAUTIFUL! MashaAllah!

Al-Hanbali
10-27-2008, 11:03 PM

SubhanAllaah it was absolutely amazing...the Muadhin of Masjid an-Nabwi, Shaykh Bukhari, was also there...

The Shaykh's voice doesn't sound all that deep when its live...very soft and soothing, mashaAllaah...

His talk after the prayer was about the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). He started off by describing the physical appearance and then explained that even though we have not seen the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), we will meet him in Jannah, inshaAllaah, but this can only be achieved by following his path....

Also, the Shaykh was posed with a question; "How does it feel to be the Imaam of the Haram?" He replied saying that he could not express this and that its not appropriate for him to say; he can answer anything but this. He goes, "There is no answer" (in english) :). SubhanAllaah, that really took me aback...such humbleness....

Salaat al-'Ishaa: http://www.4shared.com/file/68647637...haa_-_ELM.html

Güven
10-27-2008, 11:10 PM

MashaAllah...

:w:

'Abd al-Baari
10-27-2008, 11:31 PM

masha'Allah! amazing recitation masha'Allah!

He really reminds me of Shaykh Shuraym, not his recitation, but his humility..may Allah preserve him..

BlissfullyJaded
10-28-2008, 12:22 AM

^ Ameen!

format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
His talk after the prayer was about the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). He started off by describing the physical appearance and then explained that even though we have not seen the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), we will meet him in Jannah, inshaAllaah, but this can only be achieved by following his path....
Beautifully said. :cry: :thumbs_up

Also, the Shaykh was posed with a question; "How does it feel to be the Imaam of the Haram?" He replied saying that he could not express this and that its not appropriate for him to say; he can answer anything but this. He goes, "There is no answer" (in english) :). SubhanAllaah, that really took me aback...such humbleness....
Wow. *speechless*

Jazakallah khair for the recording. Proper amazing. I love that he read so much...mashaAllah.

SATalha
10-28-2008, 12:58 AM
MashAllah a close friend of mine had dinner with the Shaykh and according to him the Shaykh is a very humble man. May Allah SWT preserv him. ELM was PACKED!!

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 01:22 PM
He's in Preston round about now, my tutor has been invited to have dinner with him....SubhanAllah.

JazakAllah khayr Bro Saifur Rahmaan.

Al-Hanbali
10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
BarakAllaah feekum ...

InshaAllaah, someone please record ...

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Insha'Allah.

One of the bro's is going ... he said he'll try insha'Allah.

Although he might go to the Bolton one.

Either way I'll try getting em off him and posting insha'Allah.

Al-Hanbali
10-28-2008, 02:56 PM

This is when he was asked that Q (video):

Watch/Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/68731728...ni_part_2.html

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 03:06 PM
JazakAllah khayr bro...Ima have to download when I get home insha'Allah

'Abd al-Baari
10-28-2008, 03:12 PM

jazakAllah Khayr akhee, he seems so awesome! :shade:

Did he speak English quite a lot?

Al-Hanbali
10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
One more recording ... it's his talk .. (sorry, the recording is kinda all ova the place; my cousin was using my head as the tripod :x) :

Watch/Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/68735366...ni_part_1.html

'Abd al-Baari
10-28-2008, 04:44 PM

I don't suppose anyone knows what time 'Ishaa is at Masjid e Zakariyya?

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 07:29 PM
From Ummah forum:

Recording from Quwwat ul Islam in Preston

Sorry about the low sound but my bro wasn't sat close enuf to the guests, however I will see if anyone else might have recorded it and post links for better sound quality.

Maghrib Salah (Shaykh Kalbani) and Adhaan (Mu'adhin Bukhari)

Download

Hadith by Shaykh Kalbani inc english translation, recitation by shaykh and arabic nasheed by Mu'adhin Bukhari

Download

Al-Hanbali
10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
JazakiALlaah khayran sis....

MashaAllaah looks like the musalloon of Quwwat al-Islam got a little bit extra from the Shaykh and al-Muadhin...

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
BarakAllah feek. They sure did. I'd love to know if they facilitate women though. Although I was in lecture at that time.

'Abd al-Baari
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM

Just got back from Masjid e Zakarriya, and subhan'Allah was it amazing!

Shaykh Esaam Bukhari performed the Adhaan for Salaatul 'Ishaa, and Shaykh Kalbaani led the Salaah, an amazing adhaan, and awesome recitaion by the Shaykh masha'Allah.

After the Salaah, Shaykh Kalbaani gave a small talk about belief in Allah, and about how not fulfilling one of the conditions of tawheed can lead to Kufr, his talk was based on the first few ayaahs of the 20th Juzz. Also before his talk the Imaam of the Masjid mentioned that he received a call from an Imaam in London, telling him that during Ramadhaan, two british women were watching the Salaatul Taraweeh on TV, and simply looking at Shaykh Kalbaani, as he led the congregation they reverted to Islaam, subhan'Allah!

Shaykh Esam Bukhari then performed two nasheeds, one was tala'al badru 'alayna, i'm not sure about the other one, he also read the 'Eid takbeer, and then Shaykh Kalbaani recited Surah Qiyaamah, in a different syle, was amazing subhan'Allah!

Recordings will be up tomorrow insha'Allah!

Al-Hanbali
10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
ahhh man, you lot got more out the Shuyookh than us southerners...no fair :p

Looking forward to the recordings...

Al-Hanbali
10-28-2008, 10:05 PM
The Shaykh will be at Green Lane Masjid (Birmingham), tomorrow for Salaat al-Maghrib, inshAllaah.

Re.TiReD
10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

Just got back from Masjid e Zakarriya, and subhan'Allah was it amazing!

Shaykh Esaam Bukhari performed the Adhaan for Salaatul 'Ishaa, and Shaykh Kalbaani led the Salaah, an amazing adhaan, and awesome recitaion by the Shaykh masha'Allah.

After the Salaah, Shaykh Kalbaani gave a small talk about belief in Allah, and about how not fulfilling one of the conditions of tawheed can lead to Kufr, his talk was based on the first few ayaahs of the 20th Juzz. Also before his talk the Imaam of the Masjid mentioned that he received a call from an Imaam in London, telling him that during Ramadhaan, two british women were watching the Salaatul Taraweeh on TV, and simply looking at Shaykh Kalbaani, as he led the congregation they reverted to Islaam, subhan'Allah!

Shaykh Esam Bukhari then performed two nasheeds, one was tala'al badru 'alayna, i'm not sure about the other one, he also read the 'Eid takbeer, and then Shaykh Kalbaani recited Surah Qiyaamah, in a different syle, was amazing subhan'Allah!

Recordings will be up tomorrow insha'Allah!

:wasalamex

W o W

sounds fab....Can't wait for the recordings Insha'Allah!

WassalamuAlaykum

Al-Hanbali
10-29-2008, 11:50 AM

Sheikh Al-Kalbani meeting council leader Lutfur Rahman

By Aman Pattar

THE First Imam of Mecca was in London’s East End today (Monday) to meet local council leaders for a “private meeting” at Tower Hamlets and conduct prayers for Town Hall staff.

Later, thousands of Muslim worshippers heard Sheikh Adil Al-Kalbani speak after evening prayers at the huge East London mosque.

The sheikh arrived at the council’s Anchorage House HQ in Blackwall at lunchtime and led the prayers before emerging in his white robe with gold lining, accompanied by council leader Lutfur Rahman and others to walk the few yards to the Town Hall next door for the meeting behind closed doors.

His entourage rushed him into the building past a waiting photographer—despite the sheikh indicating he was willing to meet the local press.

The Town Hall remained tight lipped about the meeting and would not disclose what was being discussed.

Council public relations bosses refused to say anything about the talks or the reason for the sheikh’s visit to Tower Hamlets—except that it was “a private meeting.”

Tonight, Sheikh Al-Kalbani arrived at the East London Mosque in Whitechapel, which is planning an expansion programme, to lead the evening prayers before addressing the congregation estimated at around 4,000.

Al-Kalbani was in London as guest speaker at Sunday’s Global Peace and Unity event, the largest Muslim conference of its kind in Europe, which was held at the Excel centre in Canning Town.

Source: East London Advertiser

'Abd al-Baari
10-29-2008, 12:01 PM

Also, something that I just remebered, the Imaam of the Masjid said he asked the Shaykh what it felt like being in Britain and how he found it here, and the Shaykh replied saying, I didn't find Britain, I found my brothers....subhan'Allah his humilty was amazing, and he was just soo laid back, as if he was with his own people, he was smiling, laughing, may Allah preserve him!

Al-Hanbali
10-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I didn't find Britain, I found my brothers....
SubhanAllaah....:cry:

'Abd al-Baari
10-29-2008, 01:12 PM

Recordings from Masjid e Zakarriyah, Bolton.

*Maysun
10-29-2008, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
The Shaykh will be at Green Lane Masjid (Birmingham), tomorrow for Salaat al-Maghrib, inshAllaah.

i might be there insha allah

Re.TiReD
10-29-2008, 02:13 PM
JazakAllah khayr akhee Abdul Baari for the Bolton recordings! :thumbs_up

'Abd al-Baari
10-29-2008, 02:19 PM

WaIyyaki sis. :)

Sis Maysun, if it is possible please record, insha'Allah!

Al-Hanbali
10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
JazakAllaah bro Abdul-Baari for the recordings ....

I've fallen in love with the Shaykh's qira'ah...sooooo beautiful...

InshaAllaah, Ima see if I can record today....

*Maysun
10-29-2008, 03:45 PM

WaIyyaki sis. :)

Sis Maysun, if it is possible please record, insha'Allah!

Sorry brother, i didnt go..

Al-Hanbali
10-29-2008, 09:13 PM

Recording from Green Lane Masjid, Birmingham

Adhaan by Shaykh Esaam al-Bukhaari:

http://www.4shared.com/file/68924742...irmingham.html

Maghrib Salaah by Shaykh 'Aadil al-Kalbaani:

Surah Burooj & Surah Taariq
http://www.4shared.com/file/68926340...irmingham.html

Unfortunately, didn't manage to get his full talk.

I wonder if our Shaykh's visit has come to an end....imsad

'Abd al-Baari
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM

Shaykh 'Aadil al Kalbaani led Salaatul Fajr at Masjide Falaah, Preston. These recordings were sent by Br. Ismail Patel to the HR team, may Allah reward them.

papa_smurf
10-30-2008, 04:00 PM

Shaykh 'Aadil al Kalbaani led Salaatul Fajr at Masjide Falaah, Preston. These recordings were sent by Br. Ismail Patel to the HR team, may Allah reward them.
Amazing:cry:

Al-Hanbali
11-01-2008, 03:38 PM
^ I second that...mashaAllaah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.