/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of embracing Islam

Alpher
10-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Greetings to all,
As you can see by the title, I joined this forum as I am seriously considering embrasing Islam. I started reading the Quran a few years ago and was moved by the text, even though it was an english translation. I have recently started reading more about the faith and have also bought another Quran with both arabic text and also the english translation and also have started trying to learn arabic so I can read the Quran in the language that it was meant to be read.
Unfortunately I live in rural england and there are no Mosques anywhere around so I cannot get guidance from a learned Muslim at first hand.
Any help or guidance I can get from this forum will be greatly appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SixTen
10-27-2008, 10:18 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the board, you will find everyone here to be helpful and answer any questions you may have. Enjoy your stay.

:w:

piXie
10-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Welcome aboard! ...:welcome:

Have a great stay n post away! :D

If u have any Questions, feel free to ask!

We have many new Muslims on these forums, and some have taken their shahaada (testimony of faith) here too! You can also, if u feel ready! :D

The Ruler
10-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Welcome.

If you don't mind me asking, where in England? It's understandable if you don't want to reply.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamayun
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the forum :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask. People here are very helpful.

I am in England too.

Peace :)

Umar001
10-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Hey Alpher,

Hope you are good and hope you find this place beneficial. Some of us are reverts and others are Muslims who recently started practicing and others are Muslims who have been always practicing. The variety of people may help in getting people to understand your situation.

I hope you enjoy your time and it is beneficial,

Brother,
'Eesa

IbnAbdulHakim
10-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey

we have members all over england! if you let us know where you are im sure we can arrange a meeting :)

YusufNoor
10-27-2008, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpher
Greetings to all,
As you can see by the title, I joined this forum as I am seriously considering embrasing Islam. I started reading the Quran a few years ago and was moved by the text, even though it was an english translation. I have recently started reading more about the faith and have also bought another Quran with both arabic text and also the english translation and also have started trying to learn arabic so I can read the Quran in the language that it was meant to be read.
Unfortunately I live in rural england and there are no Mosques anywhere around so I cannot get guidance from a learned Muslim at first hand.
May Allah[swt] guide you and make it easy on you! Ameen!

here's a site where you can start to learn to pronounce Arabic:

http://transliteration.org/quran/home.htm

here's a site where you can search the Qur'an:

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/

here's a site where you can compare translations:

http://quran.islamicnetwork.com/

here's an audio of the Qur'an with Muhsin Khan [Noble Qur'an] Translation:

http://www.kalamullah.com/noble-quran.html

from the same site, here's an AWESOME lecture on Surah Al Fatiha:

http://www.kalamullah.com/al-fatihah.html

Bilal Philips has a great site with free downloads. i recommend the Foundation of Islamic Studies set at the bottom of the page and Contemporary Issues as well [and most of them...]:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

here's a site that shows you how to pray:

http://english.islamway.com/flashpag...=782&hight=438

this site is my favorite lecturer, Mufti Ismail Menk. you can download plenty of his lectures for free:

http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

i hope that you find them useful!

Yusuf

UmmSqueakster
10-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the forum and (hopefully) to islam! I learned about islam online and converted before I actually went out into the real world and met many muslims, so it is possible

Alpher
10-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Many thanks for all your replies and the links to helpfull sites, I am very gratefull.
I live in a village in north wiltshire called Upavon and work in Andover.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
^ whoah sorry, i havent even got a clue where that is :-[

Mikayeel
10-27-2008, 10:25 PM

welcome bro, I hope u stay active and have a look through the forums, so u might get a better view of islam.

^lool, same here i have noo idea wer that is :p

Na7lah
10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
welcome :)

inshallah u benefit, stay active and u can ask q's if you have any inshallah...

جوري
10-28-2008, 03:02 AM
:welcome: aboard...
Hope you find a bro here who is in or near your town to be a companion and guide insha'Allah..

do you mind sharing pix of your town on our 'photography' thread.. I have a thing for rural remote villages =)

Baraka Allah feek (May Allah bestow upon you his blessings)

MustafaMc
10-28-2008, 03:14 AM
May Allah guide you to and along the Straight Way. I can relate to the difficulties of living in a rural area with few Muslims. Fortunately, as Br. Yusuf Noor pointed out, the internet is a valuable resource to learn and to order books and lectures on Islam. I have recently placed orders from soukislam.com, islamicbookstore.com, soundvision.com, islamicity.com and dar-us-salam.com.

Nájlá
10-28-2008, 04:12 PM
welcomeeeeeeeeeee :D

i hope u enjoy it here and find someone here that might know where u live.

enjoy..... :D

Z-Blade
10-28-2008, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpher
Greetings to all,
Assalamu Alaikum AKA :sl:, i.e. may peace be upon you.

I say DON'T THINK ABOUT IT, just do it! Nike :coolious:.

(Well actually do think about it but you know what I mean, if you embrace Islam you will have no regrets but if you do not you will have regret after regret...)

Wassalam.

Danah
10-28-2008, 04:22 PM
welcome to the forum brother
hopefully you will find whatever you want here, and in sha allah you take your decision based on a complete sanctification

May allah guide you to the right path

aqsakhan
11-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Assalam-o-alaikum wr w b
welcome bro to the forum may u have a beneficient stay
may u get the needed guidence through Gaib inshahallah.

kwolney01
11-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Welcome to the forum!!

That's great that your learning about Islam. I am a recent revert to Islam from Christianity so if you have any questions feel free to ask!! I hope you enjoy the forum and find it useful!!

I wish you the best!!

Jazak Allah Khair!! (May Allah reward you)

Faith.
11-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Welcome aboard!
I hope you find your stay very benifical:D

Sahabiyaat
11-07-2008, 07:15 PM
welcome villager :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.