/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Look whats happening in Oxford!

buddy1
10-27-2008, 10:34 AM
I dont know if any of you guys have ever been to oxford or live in oxford, but i have recently moved here and was taking a drive just to explore slightly and I stumbled accross this huge and beautiful building, in the process of being built!

So, i googled it!

This is what I found, does anyone else know of any other websites! Im amazed by it!!

http://www.salaam.co.uk/mosques/new/oxford.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
I think I remember one of our members, glo, talking of it. Sounds cool :).

buddy1
10-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Just saw it, thanks! :)

Re.TiReD
10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Nice. I have a friend in Oxford :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
buddy1
10-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Have they mentioned it to you before? central oxford or outskirts??

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Nah sis, never heard of it before.

czgibson
10-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by buddy1
Have they mentioned it to you before? central oxford or outskirts??
It's in Cowley, which would mean the outskirts of Oxford.

It's amazing that mosques are still being built while churches are getting emptier and emptier, with some falling into destitution.

Peace

buddy1
10-28-2008, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

It's in Cowley, which would mean the outskirts of Oxford.

It's amazing that mosques are still being built while churches are getting emptier and emptier, with some falling into destitution.

Peace
Cowley is actually classed at oxford city!

its a shame, although Im not slating the new mosque my local church spire is collapsing and they cannot afford to fix it, my mother was christened an married there, i as was my sister was christened there my gand parents are both buried there and they are close to losing it. but the council awarded some money to build this mosque when there are lots around oxford already. i think prioritising should be taught to council workers.

MO783
10-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Alhumdullilah a new masjid is always good but I think we spend too much money now a days on a mosque and some dont even get filled

buddy1
10-28-2008, 03:29 PM
You should see this one, its HUGE!!!!

Giant! a beautiful building but i just think there are more important things the money could be spent on seeing as the building have been halted, due to lack of funds anyway they have already inject £3million! my church only needed £250k for its new spire!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.