/* */

PDA

View Full Version : stonning to death???

mohammed_alim
10-27-2008, 12:38 PM
asalamualikum, i just read an article frm this website about stonnin to death http://islamqa.com/en/ref/14312/stoning.. wel i wanted to know if the guilty adulterer is aloud to be excused from this punishment if he/she was genuwinly feeling guilty ect.. and ask for forgivness and repent for his/her sins from almighty allah swt. allah is the most merciful and forgiving. am just a bit confused bcos i thought no matter how big or small tha sin is u can ask for forgivness and ask allah for help to keep u on the str8 path n to save u from the punishment of hell. ????????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Ilyas
11-01-2008, 02:24 PM
scholars state that repentance is a matter between the sinner and His Almighty Lord. If you show remorse and regret and seek Allah's Forgiveness, hopefully, Allah will forgive you.

Wa'llahu 'Alam

Al Qalam
11-13-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure how reliable this Hadith is. It's taken from the Al Bukhari Hadith on the USC site for Muslim Texts. I am still seeking further clarification or expansion of this Hadith, as I believe there's a better interpretation of it somewhere. I just don't know where to go digging.

Volume 3, Book 49, Number 860:
Narrated Abu Huraira and Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani:

A bedouin came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Judge between us according to Allah's Laws." His opponent got up and said, "He is right. Judge between us according to Allah's Laws." The bedouin said, "My son was a laborer working for this man, and he committed illegal sexual intercourse with his wife. The people told me that my son should be stoned to death; so, in lieu of that, I paid a ransom of one hundred sheep and a slave girl to save my son. Then I asked the learned scholars who said, "Your son has to be lashed one-hundred lashes and has to be exiled for one year." The Prophet said, "No doubt I will judge between you according to Allah's Laws. The slave-girl and the sheep are to go back to you, and your son will get a hundred lashes and one year exile." He then addressed somebody, "O Unais! go to the wife of this (man) and stone her to death" So, Unais went and stoned her to death.

Muhammad
11-15-2008, 11:33 AM
:sl:

Some useful links:

The following conditions must be met before either of these two punishments can be carried out:

1. Four trustworthy witnesses must give testimony that they have witnessed the act take place with absolute certainty. They must be in complete agreement about all the details of the act, and about its place, time, and circumstances. If their stories do not coincide, their testimony will be considered false. In this case, instead of the punishment for fornication being carried out on the accused, the prescribed punishment for bearing false witness will be carried out against the witnesses. Allah says:
- Why did they not produce four witnesses? Since they did not produce witnesses, then with Allah they are the liars.

- Those who accuse chaste women then do not come with four witnesses, flog them eighty lashes and never accept their testimony. They are the sinful ones.
It is obvious that the one who commits fornication in the plain sight of four witnesses whereby they can see every detail of his crime is a person who is flagrant in his behavior, who has little regard for religion or for social values, and if he is married, has little regard for his relationship with his wife.

This person fully deserves a severe punishment. At the same time, it must be known that there is no documented case in Muslim history to the extent of our knowledge where the prescribed punishment for fornication was carried out on the testimony of witnesses. In most cases, this punishment was carried out at the wish of the perpetrator in order that he may purify himself of the sin and as a means of repentance.

2. There must be no cause for doubt that can make the punishment fall away. If any doubt is present, or any way out is found for the accused, the punishment is not to be carried out, because Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: ?Do not carry out the prescribed punishments when there is doubt.

Some things should be made clear at this point. The first is that if a person becomes weak and falls into this sin, it is preferable for him to conceal it from others and not speak about it or admit to it. Instead, he should repent, seek Allah?s forgiveness, and try to make up for it by doing righteous deeds. He should not despair of Allah?s mercy.

This is because Allah?s Messenger has said: ?Whoever comes with one of these filthy acts should conceal it as Allah has concealed it.?

Allah says:
- Those who, if they commit an indecency or wrong themselves, remember Allah and seek His forgiveness ? and whoever forgives save Allah? ? and do not persist in committing it, their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow.

- O my servants who have transgressed against themselves, do not despair of Allah?s mercy. Verily, Allah forgives all sins.
It should also be observed that, likewise, if someone is to see another Muslim commit this act, then he should conceal it from the public. Allah?s Messenger has said: ?Whoever conceals the fault of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his fault.?

It must also be noted that Islam has made the home completely inviolable. It is not permissible to enter someone else?s home except with the permission of its occupants. Spying is likewise prohibited. Allah says:
O you who believe, do not enter homes other than your own until you have asked permission and greeted their inhabitants. This is better for you, in order that you may remember.
Also, if a person confesses to this sin of his own accord, it is necessary to determine if he is of sound mind and in possession of all of his faculties. It must also be certain that he is under no compulsion or coercion.

Beyond that, he is afforded the opportunity to retract his confession and he is encouraged to do so. If he retracts his statement, the prescribed punishment will not be carried out. This is what Allah?s Messenger (peace be upon him) did with M?`iz when he confessed to committing adultery. Allah?s Messenger (peace be upon him) turned away from him many times while he repeatedly said: ?I have committed adultery, so purify me.? Allah?s Messenger (peace be upon him) only turned his face away.

Then he said: ?Maybe you only kissed? and: ?Maybe you were drinking.? In spite of this the man was insistent. Then, when the people were going to administer the punishment, he denied everything and fled. They informed Allah?s Messenger (peace be upon him) of this and he said: ?Why not leave him to repent so Allah can forgive him.? ...
From: http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ent-islam.html

Also see:

http://www.islamicboard.com/591159-post9.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/560212-post41.html

http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...Misconceptions

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Confused0122
12-14-2008, 11:20 PM
yeah about that.. aren't they both supposed to be stoned then? Why was the man just punished by a few lashes and a year of being exiled?

islamirama
12-14-2008, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Confused0122
yeah about that.. aren't they both supposed to be stoned then? Why was the man just punished by a few lashes and a year of being exiled?
There may be other circumstances in question here. We don't know the whole story, and one hadith does not tell the whole story. It's best to ask a scholar for more information.

ayan333
12-15-2008, 02:09 AM

Read the translation of Surah Noor
http://www.quranexplorer.com/Quran/?Sura=40&FromVerse=1&ToVerse=33&Reciter=As-Sudays&Shraym&Translation=Hide&Zoom=6.

just the first couple verses InshALLAH

from what i know,correct me if im wrong

Zina is by far oneof teh worst sin one can comitt and it is taken extremely serious.there is diferent punishments only between that person who commit zina while married and one who commits zina unmarried

Proving Zina

A person is convicted of zina by one or more of the following ways:

If the zaani (fornicator or adulterer) makes a confession without going back on his or her word until he or she is subjected to any prescribed punishment. If at some stage the person retracts the confession, he or she must not be subjected to any prescribed punishment.
The testimony to the act of four reliable and pious men, each of whom must testify that he actually saw the man's sexual organ inserted into the woman's vagina. This stringent condition is to protect innocent Muslims and to block the road for those who want to spread evil among the Muslim society.
If a woman who is not married is found pregnant.
Punishment for Zina in This Life

There are definite prescribed punishments known as hadd (plural: hudud), which have been mentioned in the Qur'an and the Sunnah concerning those who engage in the criminal act. The following conditions must be fulfilled before the hadd is applied:

1- The offenders must be sane.

2- They must be Muslim.

3- They have reached the age of puberty.

4- They must be free and not slaves.

The Qur'anic injunctions with regards to those who commit zina were revealed in stages. The wisdom behind this was to make these injunctions acceptable to the new converts to Islam who often engaged in zina during the days of Jahiliyah (ignorance). The first revelation concerning the punishment of zina was that a woman guilty of zina was to be confined to her home until she died (An-Nisaa' 4:15). The second revelation covered both men and women and was not very specific regarding punishment:

[And as for the two who are guilty of indecency from among you, give them both a punishment; then if they repent and amend, turn aside from them; surely Allah is Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.] (An-Nisaa' 4:16)

Allah Almighty then revealed:

[(As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah and the last day.] (An-Nur 24:2)

Know that punishment for this crime of zina acts as atonement for this sin. The idea behind the harsh and severe punishment does not contradict the spirit of Islam; it actually serves as a deterrent in society. It protects a person's family lineage and the spread of moral decadence and disease in society. When people realize the graveness of their sin, and that its punishment is most humiliating and painful, very few would dare to commit it.

Marriage to a Person Guilty of Zina

Marriage between two who are guilty of zina is permissible as per what Allah Almighty says:

[The fornicator shall not marry any but a fornicatress or idolatress, and (as for) the fornicatress, none shall marry her but a fornicator or an idolater; and it is forbidden to the believers.] (An-Nur 24:3)

There is a difference of opinion among the scholars with regards to a chaste man marrying an adulteress who has not repented or vice versa. Some of them said that it is not lawful. This is the opinion of `Ali, Al-Baraa', `A’ishah, and Mas`ud (may Allah be pleased with them all). The majority of scholars, including Abu Bakr, `Umar or `Uthman, and Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them all), on the other hand, permitted marriage with an adulterer, adding however, that marriage to a chaste and pure person was more virtuous.

Repentance

One might think that the only way a person guilty of zina can be forgiven is by undergoing the prescribed punishment (hadd), but scholars have said that a person who commits a sin should repent to Allah Almighty. The repentance should be sincere, and the guilty person should perform lots of righteous acts and acts of worship. Furthermore, the person should feel remorse and have no intention of ever committing the sin again. The repentance will not be accepted if it is done during the throes of death, as Allah Most High says

[And repentance is not for those who go on doing evil deeds, until when death comes to one of them, he says: Surely now I repent; nor (for) those who die while they are unbelievers.] (An-Nisaa' 4:18)

Protection From Committing Zina

There are many ways that Muslims can protect themselves from zina. Salah (prayer), both obligatory and supererogatory, is one of the strongest defenses against zina. Allah Almighty says

[Recite that which has been revealed to you of the Book and keep up prayer; surely prayer keeps (one) away from indecency and evil, and certainly the remembrance of Allah is the greatest.] (Al-`Ankabut 29:45)

Regular fasting is another way of suppressing sexual desires, as Allah's Messenger prescribed it for young people who could not afford to get married. Another way to keep away from zina is by reminding yourself how you would abhor and dislike it for your mother, daughter, sister, brother, and aunt. This was how Prophet Muhammad explained it to a man who came seeking permission to commit zina. The Prophet told him to remember that Satan watches and waits for you to be distant from your Muslim brethren, then he makes his attack. And so among the things that will deter you from zina is to always be in the company of righteous people who will remind you of Allah Almighty.

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said in the hadith collection of Abu Dawud, "Indeed the wolf devours the lone sheep." Remember that saying "no" to someone who invites you to commit zina will secure you a place of shelter under the shade of Allah's throne on the day when their will be no shelter except His.

We ask Allah Most High to protect us from the evil of zina, to accept out righteous actions, and to shower us with His bounties in this life and in the hereafter.

:w:

north_malaysian
12-15-2008, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Qalam
I'm not sure how reliable this Hadith is. It's taken from the Al Bukhari Hadith on the USC site for Muslim Texts. I am still seeking further clarification or expansion of this Hadith, as I believe there's a better interpretation of it somewhere. I just don't know where to go digging.

Volume 3, Book 49, Number 860:
Narrated Abu Huraira and Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani:

A bedouin came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Judge between us according to Allah's Laws." His opponent got up and said, "He is right. Judge between us according to Allah's Laws." The bedouin said, "My son was a laborer working for this man, and he committed illegal sexual intercourse with his wife. The people told me that my son should be stoned to death; so, in lieu of that, I paid a ransom of one hundred sheep and a slave girl to save my son. Then I asked the learned scholars who said, "Your son has to be lashed one-hundred lashes and has to be exiled for one year." The Prophet said, "No doubt I will judge between you according to Allah's Laws. The slave-girl and the sheep are to go back to you, and your son will get a hundred lashes and one year exile." He then addressed somebody, "O Unais! go to the wife of this (man) and stone her to death" So, Unais went and stoned her to death.
According to Hudood Laws... only married person should be stoned to death... The son committed zina with his master's wife...

It seems that the son is unmarried, that's why he got 100 lashes....

Prophet Muhammad even ordered the Bedouin's slave and 100 sheep to be returned to him as, the said "ransom" is not prescribed in Islam..

As for the wife, she's married - stoned to death...

syilla
12-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Actually in islam it is not easy to be punished...

The testimony to the act of four reliable and pious men, each of whom must testify that he actually saw the man's sexual organ inserted into the woman's vagina.
but there is also one hadeeth about this lady confess her sin to the prophet saw and asking for punishment. But probably this need to be explain by a more knowledgeable person.

north_malaysian
12-15-2008, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

but there is also one hadeeth about this lady confess her sin to the prophet saw and asking for punishment. But probably this need to be explain by a more knowledgeable person.
that's why it's easier to be a Defence lawyer in Sharia laws than in the common/civil laws...

The punishments in Islam are harsh... but it's not easy to punish them as the requirements are so hard to prove

Fishman
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

Apparently, judges can give out lesser punishments if the witnesses are not up to scratch, like imprisonment.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.