/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How will Muslim Americans vote?

anatolian
10-27-2008, 07:19 PM
I just would want to see who will muslim americans of islamicboard vote for or what they will do (no vote?) and why they will do what they will do.

edit:Oh, it is "Republican" yeah :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Intisar
10-28-2008, 12:21 AM
:sl: Already sent in my vote, I voted democrat. :)

islamirama
10-28-2008, 03:41 AM
Muslims should NOT vote for McCain's party. Not unless they support anti-islam war mongering bigots....

truemuslim
10-28-2008, 03:47 AM
mccain sucks, he does dirty campaigns neway, he cant do nutin real.
nd he wanna sho dirty against islam too, if he wins for president, i'll sho him how dirty lifestly really is :raging:
nd obama sucks too, here in ohio (in my dead racist area) u can only find like a total of 10 ppl with "obama-biden" sign outside ther house, the rest are mccain, nd halloween decorations.

i dont support nun, theyr all gay in my opinion.
oh well my opinion doesnt matter....

i cant vote (yet) anyway...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The_Prince
10-28-2008, 12:24 PM
who the heck voted for mccain.

The_Prince
10-28-2008, 12:25 PM
my vote is for no body :)

Danah
10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
I am not american but I voted for Democrat ^o)

buddy1
10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
my vote is for no body :)
if you dont vote, then you technically let the opposition in!

buddy1
10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Obama! WOOOOOP!! although I live in london/Oxford, UK!

but I vote for anyone who doesnt have anything to do with Gordon blooming Brown, now thats a joke if ever i've seen one!

The Ruler
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Obama.

Amadeus85
10-28-2008, 02:59 PM
After the win, democrats want to establish gay and lesbian mariages in at least dozen of states with the right to adopt children, they also won'tt do anything to change the inhuman abortion law that US has nowadays.
I dont understand how adult conservative people who have God in heart can support such things.

Silver
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
I am not American but whoever wins I don't care cos whoever wins will be pro-Israeli... Didn't Obama say that Jerusalem should be the capital of the Jewish state? And Mccain is just like Bush...so it really doesn't matter. My country is at war with Israel and the US president will support the israelis even if they kill thousands of civilians in Lebanon like they did in 2006...

nocturnal
10-28-2008, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
I am not American but whoever wins I don't care cos whoever wins will be pro-Israeli... Didn't Obama say that Jerusalem should be the capital of the Jewish state? And Mccain is just like Bush...so it really doesn't matter. My country is at war with Israel and the US president will support the israelis even if they kill thousands of civilians in Lebanon like they did in 2006...
Thank You!

Thats is exactly what i've been trying to convey on these forums all along. Obama is being regarded as a messianic figure, he is not. He has failed to condemn Israel for carrying out brutal atrocities in Lebanon and in the occupied territories. Presumably, this is because he doesn't want to antagonize the jewish lobby in the US, which, with their supporters constitute a major voting bloc.

He has not said anything substantive about the injustices and daily incursions and crimes being committed against the Palestinians. There is no reason at all to believe that once he is elected, things will at all be different with regards to his position on the Middle East.

UmmSqueakster
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
After the win, democrats want to establish gay and lesbian mariages in at least dozen of states with the right to adopt children, they also won'tt do anything to change the inhuman abortion law that US has nowadays.
I dont understand how adult conservative people who have God in heart can support such things.
Just because one votes for someone does not mean they endorse all their views.

In my personal experience, the Democrats welcome muslims with open arms with few exceptions. Republicans keep us at arms length and constantly glare at us like we're the spawn of satan as the rule. A few will tolerate us, but we're the scary boogyman that that goes bump in the night to most.

Izyan
10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
He said it should share Jerusalem as the capital of a Jewish and Palestinian state. Lebanon is still at war with Israel? I think someone forgot to tell the Lebanese Government.

Silver
10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Lebanon is still at war with Israel? I think someone forgot to tell the Lebanese Government.
Lebanon has a new gov now that includes ministers from the Hezbollah...I don't care anyways! I don't support Hezbollah and I don't support other parties. They're all too corrupt.
I read that obama said that Jerusalme should be the capital of Israel...anw even if he did not say it...why should I believe that he will be any different from the previous american presidents???

nocturnal
10-28-2008, 04:01 PM
He said Jerusalem shoud be the "undivided capital" of israel. Those were his words. He later attempted to recant them, but what he declared before AIPAC was ominous and telling.

The_Prince
11-01-2008, 10:08 PM
because most of them are seculars now, :) something people like you should start noting instead of mentioning all these 'judeo-christian' values.

nocturnal
11-02-2008, 01:37 AM
They're probably jumping on the gay and lesbian bandwagon possibly because they realize that there's no way they can pull the Christian conservative vote from the so called "bible belt" areas. When you have fanatical bigots like Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh and those who adopt that school of thought all throwing their weight behind McCain, essentially, that's impelled the Democrats to try and negate those electoral gains by propagating more effusively their own liberal credentials.

Liberty
11-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm loving the poll results on here :D

& I'm sure the fact that Obama's middle name is Hussein has nothing to do with it :P

Amadeus85
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
because most of them are seculars now, :) something people like you should start noting instead of mentioning all these 'judeo-christian' values.
I was talking about muslims, the only conservative religious group in US voting for supporter of abortion and gay marriages.

جوري
11-05-2008, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
He said Jerusalem shoud be the "undivided capital" of israel. Those were his words. He later attempted to recant them, but what he declared before AIPAC was ominous and telling.
he is like 'st' paul a hypocrite will be a Jew to the Jews a Nazi to the nazis anything to get there.. the other turd is two heart beats away from vfib and his VP is an oaf.. the whole world is a mess.. it is almost hilarious...

I am not voting for either.. I'll just spectate and wait it out...

:w:

جوري
11-05-2008, 02:20 AM
I was talking about muslims, the only conservative religious group in US voting for supporter of abortion and gay marriages.
the last thing on Muslim mind are the homos now.. you need to prioritize

imprisonment and illegal wars, vs. worrying about w hores and homos?

kwolney01
11-05-2008, 02:33 AM
My first time voting and I happliy voted for OBAMA!!!!

BlissfullyJaded
11-05-2008, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liberty

& I'm sure the fact that Obama's middle name is Hussein has nothing to do with it :P
Who cares about his middle name? :-\ It would be really sad to vote a person in based on their name...

Me is independent. Had I registered I wouldn't have voted Obama, he'll be winning my state anyway.

Yanal
11-05-2008, 03:58 AM
:sl: The Christians might mostly vote for Mcain considering they are racist. I vote for Barack Obama. Does Mcaun own the Fries company " Mcain"?

جوري
11-05-2008, 04:02 AM
http://www.amjaonline.com/en_f_details.php?fid=76549

Questfortruth
11-05-2008, 04:06 AM
O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand. 3:118

I had to mention that verse because many Muslims are starting to take Barack Obama as protector or saviour.

Also I think Obama just won or something.

BlissfullyJaded
11-05-2008, 04:08 AM
:sl:

^ Yep, he's President. :p

YusufNoor
11-05-2008, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine

woot! the racist Christians lost! woot! :thumbs_up

doesn't really mean anybody won though.....:-\

Questfortruth
11-05-2008, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine

What a horrible society for Muslims to live in. lol

Imam Anwar Awlaki

http://www.kalamullah.com/current-af...6.html#parttwo

AvarAllahNoor
11-05-2008, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liberty

Erm, If that was the case, then AMRICANS would not have voted for him. He didn't draw attention to Religion, this Isn't a religious battle!

AvarAllahNoor
11-05-2008, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
What a horrible society for Muslims to live in. lol

Imam Anwar Awlaki

http://www.kalamullah.com/current-af...6.html#parttwo
If you don't want to live with that society, you move away. :)

Amadeus85
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

woot! the racist Christians lost! woot! :thumbs_up

doesn't really mean anybody won though.....:-\

Racists lost you say? 50 % of white americans voted for black Obama. 5% of afro americans voted for white McCain. Who playes more the race card then?

YusufNoor
11-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Racists lost you say? 50 % of white americans voted for black Obama. 5% of afro americans voted for white McCain. Who playes more the race card then?

to clarify, i meant racist "Christians" who give crappy examples like that!

Questfortruth
11-05-2008, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
If you don't want to live with that society, you move away. :)
Yes, You are correct. I do not live in that society. :)

Malaikah
11-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Believe it or not, the innocent people dying because of the war mean more to us than gay marriages.

I don't give a **** how many gays get married, as long as it means innocent lives will be saved!

Get your priorities right, you make it sound like being gay is worse than murder.

As if you can compare people with a history of oppression to the people who oppressed them.:rollseyes

Grace Seeker
11-06-2008, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
:sl: The Christians might mostly vote for Mcain considering they are racist. I vote for Barack Obama. Does Mcaun own the Fries company " Mcain"?
Thanks for not making in gross generalizations or stereotypiing in your remarks. I'm sure that Christians are by and large racists, that's one of the things they are most noted for, especially Christians like the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the scores of Christians -- lay and clergy, white collar and blue collar, old and young, Protestant and Catholic, black and white -- who marched with him. Check out the March on Washington and the crowd at his I had a dream speach. You will see more white faces than black faces in those crowds. My only concern, given your comment, is that since I have children who are of 4 different ethnic groups that I must not be a very good representative of my Christian faith in your eyes, and you see this is sad because it was the faith that I was raised in that told me not to be a respector of persons, but that "red or yellow, black or white, all are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world." I guess that's not very reflective of Christian teaching either.

Grace Seeker
11-06-2008, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Believe it or not, the innocent lives of people dying because of the war mean more to us than gay marriages.

I don't give a **** how many gays get married, as long as it means innocent lives will be saved!
Though I can't see why you needed to use stars to write that you don't give a care how many gays get married, as long as it means innocent lives will be saved, I tend to agree with you. But do recall that over 1,000,000 innocent humans will lose their lives every year that we have a Supreme court that allows abortion to be performed unchecked. No war in history has every killed more people than die from this form of legalized murder on a scale that not even Stalin, Hitler, or Pol Pot could have imagined. That doesn't diminish the atrocities of other wars, including present ones, but if you are talking about prioritizing, that might be a reason that Christians who oppose the taking of innocent lives might have voted for McCain even if they were against the war in Iraq.

(And expect Obama to ramp up the war in Afghanistan, if you want my prediction.)

Malaikah
11-06-2008, 08:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Though I can't see why you needed to use stars to write that you don't give a care how many gays get married, as long as it means innocent lives will be saved, I tend to agree with you.
Thing are getting sensitive around here lol. It wasn't even a swear word! It got censored out.

But do recall that over 1,000,000 innocent humans will lose their lives every year that we have a Supreme court that allows abortion to be performed unchecked.
Abortion is terrible. It is itself murder. However if given the choice between saving an establish life and saving an unborn child, I would have to save the established life.

No war in history has every killed more people than die from this form of legalized murder on a scale that not even Stalin, Hitler, or Pol Pot could have imagined. That doesn't diminish the atrocities of other wars, including present ones, but if you are talking about prioritizing, that might be a reason that Christians who oppose the taking of innocent lives might have voted for McCain even if they were against the war in Iraq.
I don't think that is justified. Ended the war and allowing an entire nation to recover is not less important than abortion.

(And expect Obama to ramp up the war in Afghanistan, if you want my prediction.)
Sad but true, unfortunately. :(

nocturnal
11-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Apologies if this is a big generalization, but it appears to me that the American electorate is acutely susceptible to the kind of populism that we here in the UK were long able to discern in our political system. (well, at least those of us who are proactive in politics anyway).

We don't fall for the type of "yes we can" demagoguery that most of you do. Look, 1997 we had a new government assume control, and in 2001, that new government, under tremendous pressure from Washington, caved, and under the stewardship of Blair and hauled us into a war that led to resignations from the cabinet, and that, also eventually, to the ouster of Blair. So we know exactly what we vote for here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.