/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al Hafd and al Khal'

The Khan
10-27-2008, 08:28 PM
:sl:

Why do Muslims of one major school of thought (which I belonged to, the biggest of all existing jurisprudences) claim that these "suras" are "missing" from the Quran and add it to their Witr salat? Does not the Qur'an say that it is complete and nothing is missing from it?

Jazakallah Khair in advance.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
:wasalamex

Firstly, there is no surah missing from al-Qur'an whatsoever and anyone who says so is lieing against Allah because in al-Qur'an Allah has told us that He has promised to protect the Qur'an from corruption.

If you are talking about what is being read in witr, it's actually a supplication i.e. Du'a, not a surah.

The Khan
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Jazakallah Khair for answering my doubt. I heard allegations that these belonged to the compilation of Ubayy Ibn Kaab's Qur'an. I guess it must be a misinterpretation or an allegation without proof.

SixTen
10-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Bro, you should source where you read these things. The amount of distortion that exists, its crazy.

A thread I read, was talking about how Abu Hanifa (ra) allows woman to lead mixed congregations - yet obviously was trying to brainwash the audience. If anyone actually looked into it, this would only be permissable where no man knew Qur'an sufficiently to lead the prayer - and that even then all the women must be behind the men.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Khan
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes bro, you are right. That is exactly what Abu Hanifa said. Chinese Hui Muslims do have female imams leading all-female jamaat in all-female mosques called NĂ¼si's, and they belong to Hanafi madhab as well. However, many people point this out in their allegations against the Hanafi madhab without mentioning that the mosques are for women only.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!