/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mother or child

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2008, 12:45 PM
:sl:

please just choose one. its important. dont ask...i dont care why you choose, but please just choose one.

EDIT: forgot to add a poll :-[ mod please help :-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
maryam87
10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
choose what?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2008, 12:47 PM
theres menno be a poll :-[ which i kinda forgot to add :-[

maryam87
10-28-2008, 12:54 PM
ok LOL

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Post the poll options in your 1st post insha'Allah and we'll reply accordingly.

buddy1
10-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Ok so the poll is like mother or child right?

just write the poll untill someone puts it up!!

MO783
10-28-2008, 01:11 PM

I dont understand

aamirsaab
10-28-2008, 01:23 PM
1) I spelt it wrong
2) I cannot amend this spelling error ;(
3) Please select from the two available options. Don't ask me why, just do it!

Edit: woops, I accidentally closed the thread. Fear not, it is now open.

maryam87
10-28-2008, 01:35 PM
do u mean what do we prefer to be a mother or child?

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 01:35 PM
But what are we voting for or replying to?

I is confuzzled.

But I guess I'll just go along with it.

I am my momma's child.

I am not a momma.

Insha'Allah I hope to be a good momma.

Erm...yeh that's all I can say until I figure out what this thread is actually about.

The Ruler
10-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Ramlah, the choice is entirely depending on the context in which you put the whole thing.

If this is regarding the lives of one of them during child birth, the choice might be completely different if the situation was giving a present to one of them after the child is born.

Re.TiReD
10-28-2008, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Ramlah, the choice is entirely depending on the context in which you put the whole thing.

If this is regarding the lives of one of them during child birth, the choice might be completely different if the situation was giving a present to one of them after the child is born.
Ahh I get it now.

I'd say...Mother. I think Islam would too. It's the lesser of the two evils.

buddy1
10-28-2008, 01:39 PM
I havent a clue! you cannot choose between your mother or your child and you cannot choose if you are meant to mother a child, so I choose both!

truemuslim
10-28-2008, 01:44 PM
ima child nd a mother....wat do i vote?!

Afifa
10-28-2008, 02:13 PM
i guess a mother...cause a mother is a child isnt she?

Z-Blade
10-28-2008, 04:16 PM
:salamext:,

format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler

Yeah I thought this was the point of the thread too, so I chose mother, but in the end whatever happens is Qadr... and if both survive then even better Alhamdulillah. And the child should be shown love like any child would be that's born to the mother, and shouldn't be seen as someone who caused the mother hardship, since we know that is up to Allah and the child is innocent. Every child is innocent subhanallah.

Wassalam.

buddy1
10-28-2008, 04:26 PM
I have decided my child (ren!)

My mother has bought me up as much as she can, not I have "fled the nest" and I have my own nest to look after now, So although I thank and love my mother more than anything for the way I am, I would always put my children first as she would have done the same!! :D

alcurad
10-29-2008, 05:56 AM
mother, mother...

hehe

Ummu Sufyaan
10-29-2008, 07:27 AM
okay, i guess i should explain just a little:
a situation, lets say war...a mother and child are at risk...of loosing each other.
for you (as either the mother or child), what would be the most emotional situation to describe (vebally, writing, etc): that of the mother, or that of the child?

Zahida
10-29-2008, 08:58 AM
:sl: You are confusig us all......... but just giving you my opinion BOTH are equally important for one another.....

Reading your thread reminded me of the eathquake in Pakistan ther was a story covering a little gir 8/9 years of age who had been pulled out after 3 days. They couldn't find her mother and the child was crying for her mum 'Our mum can't live without us she lived for us what are we going to do....' I will never forget that child.

If death is involved however then Allah gives you suber. I have experienced both scenarios. My brother lost a chil, although they still remember him, they have their other children and continue with life.
My sister passed away and left 5 children. There mum can never be replaced. They have us but it's not the same and they too carry on as best they can. That was the most heartbreaking thing i had to experience in my life, losing my sister, a mother her child (my mum) :w::-\and then her children losing their mother
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
a situation, lets say war...a mother and child are at risk...of loosing each other.
for you (as either the mother or child), what would be the most emotional situation to describe (vebally, writing, etc): that of the mother, or that of the child?

Zahida
10-29-2008, 08:59 AM
:sl: Sorry for the mistakes just woken up and still sleeeeeeeepy!:w:

Re.TiReD
10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...e-parents.html Interesting thread :)

buddy1
10-29-2008, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: You are confusig us all......... but just giving you my opinion BOTH are equally important for one another.....

Reading your thread reminded me of the eathquake in Pakistan ther was a story covering a little gir 8/9 years of age who had been pulled out after 3 days. They couldn't find her mother and the child was crying for her mum 'Our mum can't live without us she lived for us what are we going to do....' I will never forget that child.

If death is involved however then Allah gives you suber. I have experienced both scenarios. My brother lost a chil, although they still remember him, they have their other children and continue with life.
My sister passed away and left 5 children. There mum can never be replaced. They have us but it's not the same and they too carry on as best they can. That was the most heartbreaking thing i had to experience in my life, losing my sister, a mother her child (my mum) :w::-\and then her children losing their mother

Im terribly sorry to hear that, I admire you for helpingyou look after you neice/nephews.

Zahida
10-29-2008, 10:33 AM
:sl: Thankyou. But life is like that full of ups and downs......... downs more than ups and I am no hero i have only tried to do what any other human with a bit of humanity in them would do in such situations........... although honestly it breaks my heart. My niece the eldest sometimes phones me and we talk/cry for hours she misses her mum so much and has resentment also.......... I really feel for........she has the most responsibility being the eldest.............:cry::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by buddy1
Im terribly sorry to hear that, I admire you for helpingyou look after you neice/nephews.

buddy1
10-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Im sure she does, that so sad, I realy feel for you all.

Touch wood my babies never lose me before the time is right, i probably need them more than they need me!! they are the legs to my table and I expect your sister saw her babies the same way. it must be awful it really must.

Zahida
10-29-2008, 10:49 AM
:sl: May Allah grant you along healthy and happy life with your babies..... I know that when mine are out of sight it's like a part of me is missing. My son is in year 6 and going on a schooltrip to Wales for 5 days!!!!!!!!!! I miss him already...........imsad:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by buddy1
Im sure she does, that so sad, I realy feel for you all.

Touch wood my babies never lose me before the time is right, i probably need them more than they need me!! they are the legs to my table and I expect your sister saw her babies the same way. it must be awful it really must.

buddy1
10-29-2008, 11:08 AM
:sl: May Allah grant you along healthy and happy life with your babies..... I know that when mine are out of sight it's like a part of me is missing. My son is in year 6 and going on a schooltrip to Wales for 5 days!!!!!!!!!! I miss him already...........imsad:w:
Oh Im dreading that, I have 3 baba's, Jayda, Jordan (they are twins) and Alyssa.

Jayda and Jordan are only 4 so I have a little while to prepare for school trips away from home.

Alyssa is 4 weeks old on saturday so I have more than enuff time, will probably be trying to pack her in the twins suitcase when they go on school trips away by then!!!

but atleast the twins have someone with them when they go away, i guess thats a bonus!! :D

Al-Zaara
10-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Wow... SubhanAllah...

Zahida
10-29-2008, 10:33 PM
:sl: I agree, i used to sit there and watch howling like a banshee and my husband telling me off!!!

I wonder if they ever found that little girls mum....

I was so emotional at the time that i wanted to go to Pakistan. My husband wouldn't let me.
Then i had made up my mind i was going to go and adopt one of these babies......... There was a programme on Geo recently and still thousands of families have missing, mothers, fathers, brothers, son, daughters?????

But things are brighter now the programme showed how the aid has been used and maybe the quality of life for some of the children has improved..:cry: Still very sad.:w:

Ayesha Rana
10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
it depends. if it's to do with life and death like in the abortion situation then i'd choos the mother.
If i was a mum i could never choose between my mum or my child so i'd leave it to Allah to decide. i wudn't give one up, i'd rather sacrifice myself and there is no way i'd choose my child over my mother...u can get another child insha'Allah but u can't replace ur mother. not the one hu carried u and brought u up when she cud have left u to die. the one hu has more right on u than ur children.

why hav u made this thread sis? Just wondering. that's a really hard choice but since ive only got mummy and no child im definitely voting mum. if i had a kid i dont think i'd vote at all lol!

smile
10-30-2008, 06:09 PM
this thing is pointless

_PakistaN_
10-31-2008, 04:47 AM
Mother...And even if I was married and had kids...still...Mother

sirajstc
11-02-2008, 03:55 AM
mother

Z-Blade
11-04-2008, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
:wasalamex,

In that case, I would still choose mother because usually mother's have deeper emotions when it comes to this, though maybe we just perceive children to not have the same emotions because they are not that understanding. Allahu A'lam.

With the mother, you can describe her feelings, but with the child it would have to do more with events rather than thoughts and feelings, though you could do thoughts and feelings but you'd have to think like a child :p.

Wassalam.

Liberty
11-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I chose child, because children are more vulnerable, and thus need more protection.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-05-2008, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z-Blade
:wasalamex,

In that case, I would still choose mother because usually mother's have deeper emotions when it comes to this, though maybe we just perceive children to not have the same emotions because they are not that understanding. Allahu A'lam.

With the mother, you can describe her feelings, but with the child it would have to do more with events rather than thoughts and feelings, though you could do thoughts and feelings but you'd have to think like a child :p.

Wassalam.
interesting point. jazakallahu khair.

barakallahu feekum

Orn
11-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I was confused by the first post but after all the posts I'm lost

chose mother btw

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.