/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Angry and Embarrassed... good manners are dead in this world

AntiKarateKid
10-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Quite a few times now, the Muslim brother whom I am dorming with has insulted me publicly in a very embarrassing ways.

Most recently it was my first time playing pinata and I swung it slighltly too wide of an arc and he stops my turn and starts calling me a jack arse in front of all the other party goers.

I cannot take this anymore. I am a nice guy, I let things slide by but now I know that I can't be so nice anymore. He treats me like some stupid little kid.

If I wasnt Muslim I would have secretly trashed his room, cursed him out, and generally messed his god forsaken life up by now.

I swear by Allah that it is only my religion that keeps me from beating the crap out of him.

ANy advice for keeping my temper?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
10-29-2008, 10:16 AM
:sl:
Is it not possible to move dorms?

The Ruler
10-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Perhaps you should tell him that it offends you. But then he'd probably end up saying how he was kidding about it all.

Just tell the jill ass to shut up. Seriously.

Zahida
10-29-2008, 10:40 AM
:sl:Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm how about hitting him accidentally with the piniata stick>>????

Noseriously talk with himand tell him how you feel. Tell him thatyou respect him and expect him to also treat you with the same respect. If he can't do that then he's not your friend.........:-\:w::argue:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
buddy1
10-29-2008, 10:47 AM
get someone else to beat him up!! that way its not you!!!

seriously, I would ask to move dorms and have a word, a firm but polite word!

SixTen
10-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Don't join in the parties with obviously disliked companions ;)

Re.TiReD
10-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Confront him. Well if that was me I would.

I'd ask what he was playing at.

Ushae
10-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Just say it to his face lol, sometimes you gotta take the bull by the horns. Islam doesn't encourage complete pacifism my friend, just tell your friend honestly and politely. If he continues then try and get a new dorm or complain to your student service. There are so many policies you can take advantage of lol!

Danah
10-29-2008, 11:21 AM
the best way to solve this is by face him and told him in a nice way that you respect him but what he did was offended to you
He might not realize that what he did was wrong.....some people have slow understanding in these stuff......I met many of them

brother, its better to told him now before you hate him more.....

AnonymousPoster
10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Why havn't you killed him yet. :enough!:

Ignore him, he'll get the message. Don't hang out wiv him, am sho you have ova mates n dat..

Sahabiyaat
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
good manners are well and truly dead, tell me about it :rollseyes

people will not move out the way if you walk on the street or open a door for you or do even these tiny things...sad.

i am very familiar with the dilemma of being nice, tolerating and islamic against the urge to smack someone into next week...

there is a difference between tolerating and letting people walk all over you.

so you standing up for yourself, as long at it is the correct way, is not going against your values as a muslim.

Do stand up for yourself....., either get this loser to move out or you move,But before you go, or he goes, just let him know what you think of his treatment towards you.

you dont have to make a speech, just say, look man, me and you dont get on, you dont respect me and i give respect to those who give it to me.so this just aint gna work.

something like that. :)

MO783
10-29-2008, 02:42 PM
:sl:

Just tell him

Yanal
10-29-2008, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Quite a few times now, the Muslim brother whom I am dorming with has insulted me publicly in a very embarrassing ways.

Most recently it was my first time playing pinata and I swung it slighltly too wide of an arc and he stops my turn and starts calling me a jack arse in front of all the other party goers.

I cannot take this anymore. I am a nice guy, I let things slide by but now I know that I can't be so nice anymore. He treats me like some stupid little kid.

If I wasnt Muslim I would have secretly trashed his room, cursed him out, and generally messed his god forsaken life up by now.

I swear by Allah that it is only my religion that keeps me from beating the crap out of him.

ANy advice for keeping my temper?

:s:
The best advice I can say is to remember where he is going(he'll) and where you will be going (heaven).:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.