/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Finding faults in others

Re.TiReD
10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
:salamext:

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #313, Ahmad, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim

... 'Abd Allah reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "A believer is not a fault-finder and is not abusive, obscene, or course."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #329

... Ibn 'Abbas said, "If you wish to mention the faults of your friend, mention your own faults first."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #330

... Ibn 'Abbas said on the following verse of the Qur'an, "Nor defame one another" (49:11), "Do not spend your time finding fault with one another."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #545

Jubayr ibn Nufayr reported that Mu'adh ibn Jabal said, "If you love someone, do not quarrel with him and do not annoy him. Do not ask others about him, for the one you ask might be his enemy and thus tell you things about him that are not true and thus break you apart."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #889 and Ibn Hibban

'Amr ibn al 'As said, "...I am amazed at one who spots an impurity in the eye of another but is unable to detect it in his/her own eye, or who attempts to remove a grudge from another's heart while making no attempt to remove grduges from his/her own heart. I have never blamed anyone for the confidences of mine that they have betrayed. How could I, when already they have given me reason for pause?"

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #1295

Bilal ibn Sa'd al Ash'ari reported that Mu'awiyah wrote to Abu Darda' "Write to the wrongdoers of Damascus." So he asked, "What do I have to do with the wrongdoers of Damascus? How will I know them?" Abu Darda's son, Bilal said, "I will write to them," which he did. Then Abu Darda' said [to Bilal], "How did you know to whom to write? You could not have known they were wrongdoers unless you were one of them. Begin with yourself!" So he did not address the letter in anyone's name.*

*i.e. he didn't single out a specific person as a wrongdoer, but spoke about wrongdoings in general, to come as a reminder (of Quran and Sunnah) to the people.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
11-03-2008, 01:24 AM
:salamext:

SubhanAllah, so true....

Yanal
11-03-2008, 01:36 AM
:sl:
Yes the Prophets found fault in them selves rather than there companions:)

Re.TiReD
11-03-2008, 12:39 PM
BarakAllah feekum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MO783
11-03-2008, 12:47 PM
:sl:

So true, May Allah help us Inshallah

Ameen

IbnAbdulHakim
11-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #329

... Ibn 'Abbas said, "If you wish to mention the faults of your friend, mention your own faults first."

^ this one got memorised

and it defo shall get repeated :p

Re.TiReD
11-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Thumma Ameen. I think the font is more legible now.

Faith.
11-03-2008, 05:25 PM
:w:

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #313, Ahmad, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim

... 'Abd Allah reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "A believer is not a fault-finder and is not abusive, obscene, or course."
^^That one is so true

They all are:sunny:
But nowadays we find faults in other people without realising that we're even doing it...:-[

:w:

The Ruler
11-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Jazakallah khair. Much appreciated. =]

highway_trekker
11-03-2008, 05:38 PM
true...we waste so many an hour finding tears when our own armour has faults....

Khalil_Allah
11-03-2008, 08:15 PM
yeah i'm tired of all you people finding faults in others. You people do that all the time!

hehe jk I'm more guilty of this than I should be!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.