/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giving the quran

Cabdullahi
10-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Today at work when i had a break i sat with an african christian brother he is 50 years old and i usually used to see him around ,i just you used to say hi i also noticed that he always carries a bible...so today while sitting with him we had a brief discussion about the bible and quran,and i started sharing my knowledge of the bible with him and he was astonished ' i thought to myself that this was the perfect time to do dawah'...to cut to the chase he told me he doesnt like to get into heavy discussions all he wants is the quran,he wants to study it,so i politely said i have an english translation at home that i could give him,its my only english quran(:cry:)but i said it was a spare one and he was kind of happy and said to me how much he should pay...i said to him nah! dont pay me anything...but after work when i came back home i have been getting these silly :skeleton:thoughts for example 'dont give him the quran he will burn it' 'dont give him the quran he will read the footnotes and commentary about christianity and will get offended'

I dont knw what to do,i guess i have to keep the promise by just giving it to him..inshallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afifa
10-29-2008, 11:07 PM
i say give it to him...inshallah hel see the light :)...oh nd btw if its your onli copy why not get another one and give it to him/give him yours and get another one?

Ali.
10-29-2008, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I say give it to him and leave the rest to Allah. :)
Yep.

He seems really interested, I doubt he'd do the stuff you mentioned, especially as he seems open minded to want to study the Qur'an. Allahu A'lim. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

Güven
10-29-2008, 11:09 PM
^I agree InshaAllah , Just give it bro !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aysenil
10-29-2008, 11:19 PM
yes give it to him

Cabdullahi
10-29-2008, 11:22 PM
looks like a unanimous decision ....thanks ever so much guys

Cabdullahi
10-30-2008, 02:10 PM
What shall i do,shall i just give him the quran and let him find specific surah's or shall i highlight surah's that speak about jesus(as) to make it easier for him? because the quran i have ,the non-muslim will have difficulties with the index because the words of the surah's are in arabic

Ali.
10-30-2008, 02:25 PM
I think you should ask him.

"Is there anything you want me to highlight for you, or do you just wanna' randomly look through?"

MO783
10-30-2008, 02:44 PM
:sl:

Yes give it and just make dua

The Khan
10-30-2008, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
but after work when i came back home i have been getting these silly :skeleton:thoughts for example 'dont give him the quran he will burn it' 'dont give him the quran he will read the footnotes and commentary about christianity and will get offended'

I dont knw what to do,i guess i have to keep the promise by just giving it to him..inshallah
It's shaytan who's putting those thoughts into your head brother. He doesn't want another brother becoming a part of our deen.

Cabdullahi
10-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Im going in abit inshallah ,im bumping this thread so i could get some more advice if i can get that is

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Don't hesitate bro. InshaAllah ur intention is good and Allah will reward you for it. Like it's been said, leave it to Allah :) May Allah guide him, ameen.

Güven
10-30-2008, 10:44 PM
So what happened ?

:w:

Cabdullahi
10-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Brother i took the quran but i never had a chance to give it to him he had an early break and i had a late break,so we didnt see each other..its like a big warehouse(mail centre) but inshallah i hope i see him tmrow

Ali.
10-30-2008, 10:47 PM
^ Whatever you do, don't change your decision!

Cabdullahi
10-30-2008, 10:48 PM
I cannot change my decision

barney
10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
'dont give him the quran he will read the footnotes and commentary about christianity and will get offended'
Why would he get offended?

Ali.
10-31-2008, 09:46 PM
What happened, then?

Liberty
11-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Awww that's kind of you.
I got a free Qur'an from the internet yesterday.
I'm excited.

Amat Allah
11-04-2008, 02:05 PM
may Allah ease it for you my dear precious sister Ameeeeeeeeen

brother what happened with you??? may Allah reward you with the highest levels of paradise with out being reckoning Ameeeeeeeeeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!