/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Truckdriving in UK

Kas1m
10-30-2008, 06:15 PM
How good is truckdriving as a job? anybody who is truckdriver here? i want a job as a truckdriver as i love anything to do with driving and also what are the wages like? not much info on the web for it so I thought ill ask here

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
How good is truckdriving as a job?
Quite good I assume. If you like being on the road all day. Just watch out for lil cats and dogs and kids and pigeons. They're very easy to miss so high up :p (I'm kiddin, I dunno)

You might have to get on the phone and ask around places bro. Unless we got some truck-drivers on board. lol

Ansariyah
10-30-2008, 06:20 PM
I wudnt suggest it. My Cousin died doing that job. Too many horrific experiences.:(

Kas1m
10-30-2008, 06:23 PM
too many accidents? not really. thousands drivers drive every night and you seldom hear about it... i will be more careful but you never know...

pigeons? lol good one but really i think i love driving.

an old man who comes to my work place has driven a lorry for thirty five years and he says this job had good money but its tiring and lonely and you got to love it.. when asked did you like it? he said 'oh i loved it' so i guess its ok

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Hmm. Whenever I think of Truck-drivers...I think, 'Late night' .... We were driving back from London once at 2am in the morning. The motorway was jam packed with Trucks and Lorries....Seriously...You'll prolly have long shifts and late nights.

Kas1m
10-30-2008, 06:27 PM
well i asked my wife and she says that will mean youll stay outside for days.. she says no im shifting on the passenger seat with the kid lol

well im still thinking i need to gather some info and experiences and take lessons and practical test and all that

Re.TiReD
10-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Yup, you'd definately need lessons etc....It'll be a mighty change from driving your regular car. All the best Akhee! =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!