/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is there any such thing as having a shadow in u

true_muslimmah
10-30-2008, 10:11 PM
:sl:all,

i am very curious if the above thread title is true, i have my reasons on why i am askin this, but firstly i would like to see some replies come in and then insha'allah explain fully.

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
true_muslimmah
10-30-2008, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
Shadows are seen because of light not being able to travel through opaque objects.

I don't see how we can have shadows inside of us. :blind:
I mean as in a bad shadow, not like a jinn or anything like that, the reason why i am asking is because my sis in law told me that my big bro (her husband) has a shadow within him, 24/7, thats he is possessed.

The shadow inside him is making him do all the bad things he is doing and she is also saying that it is not his fault, but i just cant seem to believe it.

Anyone?

barney
10-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Short Answer is no.

Long answer is , if he is doing evil things then if he has a choice in the matter, He is acting criminally.

If he isnt aware of what he is doing and it is a recent thing and he appears "Possessed" then he is suffering from a psychiatric illness and should see a doctor ASAP.

Güven
10-30-2008, 10:37 PM
SHADOW = SHAYTAN

What else could it be ?

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
true_muslimmah
10-30-2008, 10:44 PM
I must say that he has only brought it on to himself. ]

Would you all agree that shaytaan is working at his best, and shaytaan only attacts those who ignore the words of Allah SWT meaning that they have no eemaan whatsoever?

If he actually makes the effort to stop acting like he is the innocent one and read his salaah and do constant dhikr then maybe his behaviour change?

I dunno where to start, what he has done to me is unforgivble and there is no way i would forgive him for what he did to me. I have so muc anger in me and when i see him my blood boils, :cry:

The Khan
10-31-2008, 12:18 AM
I've seen a couple of Jinn exorcism videos. I'm convinced they can possess you. Maybe you should consult a pro in the field of Jinn exorcism?

Zahida
10-31-2008, 08:42 AM
It is known that shaytaan is with you All THE TIME.......
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
SHADOW = SHAYTAN

What else could it be ?

AvarAllahNoor
10-31-2008, 09:51 AM
You can be possessed by evil. But never heard of an in-shadow. - Seems like he needs a good few slaps, as he maybe using it as an excuse for his 'bad behaviour' we can all blame other forces when we want to get away with things. To be on the safe side, I'd get the Exorcist In.

AvarAllahNoor
10-31-2008, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
You can be possessed by evil. But never heard of an in-shadow. - Seems like he needs a good few slaps, as he maybe using it as an excuse for his 'bad behaviour' we can all blame other forces when we want to get away with things. To be on the safe side, I'd get the Exorcist In.
Ooops, dnt kno y i quoted myself

The Khan
10-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Media Tags are no longer supported

Typical Islamic exorcism. The way a Jinn effects a person is always different. Of all the 3 videos I've seen, this is the least freaky. In the other two, the man had become paralysed by the Jinn as she (a female called Ashreetha) had fallen in love with him and didn't want him to get married. In the other, a Malaysian woman had gone crazy and was attacking her family members, insulting them, etc.

truemuslim
10-31-2008, 01:46 PM
^ lol ther was a scarier one its freakin sick!

shadow is shaitan,at least the inside one is......ok now i add the "i think" because am never sure i jus guess :p

btw looky i take the name truemuslim nd everyone goes after it :coolious: yehhhh :p

true_muslimmah
10-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Aahh. I get you. It wasn't referred to as being a "Saaya", was it? (I'm assuming you're from the subcontinent)

I don't believe there is anything like a "shadow" that affects a person.

Jinn possession and black magic are the only two things I know of (in the sense that you are asking about) that can alter a person's behaviour for the worse.
Im from the UK Akhi

true_muslimmah
10-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Is getting a taweez doing comiting Shirk?

true_muslimmah
10-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Salaam, sorry for the delay.

Well some maulvi in pakistan or whatever that person is said that he has a shadow in him 24/7 and that bad shadow is what makes him do bad things.

Does Allah SWT ever burden His servents more then they can handle?

Is getting a taweez done commiting Shirk?

alcurad
10-31-2008, 07:03 PM
the thing is though, no such thing as jinn possession exists, no daleel for it, or the methods used for 'extraction'. sure it is a wide spread belief, but not based on the prophet's sayings or the qur'an.
and getting taweez could be a form of shirk, what do you mean specificly by taweez though?
best he see's a psychiatrist as barney said. that would help much more than an 'extractor'.

true_muslimmah
10-31-2008, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
the thing is though, no such thing as jinn possession exists, no daleel for it, or the methods used for 'extraction'. sure it is a wide spread belief, but not based on the prophet's sayings or the qur'an.
and getting taweez could be a form of shirk, what do you mean specificly by taweez though:?
best he see's a psychiatrist as barney said. that would help much more than an 'extractor'.
I agree with you bro, these pakis exaggerate alot man, they dont think out of the box, they think oh he must be possessed this this and that, it gets very annoying. He wont accept he has a problem.

I mean like go to a maulvi and get a taweez done, what you wear around your neck and write some arabic numbers on paper, put it in water and drink it.

alcurad
10-31-2008, 07:18 PM
right. if it has anything other than qur'an, or dua, like numbers or symbols it is shirk. actually some scholars say even if it has qur'an or dua in it, it is still shirk if you believe the taweez itself protects you.

true_muslimmah
10-31-2008, 07:21 PM
right. if it has anything other than qur'an, or dua, like numbers or symbols it is shirk. actually some scholars say even if it has qur'an or dua in it, it is still shirk if you believe the taweez itself protects you.
Exactly, how shall i explain to my mum that taweez is in fact commiting shirk?

alcurad
10-31-2008, 08:19 PM
yes, but you mentioned the hadeeth out of context.
إن الشيطان ليجري من ابن آدم مجرى الدم فضيقوا مجاريه بالجوع

and

إنّ الشيطان ليجري من ابن آدم مجرى الدم، وما منكم من أحد إلاّ وله شيطان. قيل: ولا أنت يا رسول الله؟ قال: ولا أنا إلاّ أنّ الله تعالى أعانني عليه فأسلم

nether hadeeth mentions possession, else the prophet was possessed too?

alcurad
10-31-2008, 08:22 PM
... I don't think it's fair to dismiss it altogether as being make-belief.
fairness has nothing to do with it brother, either it is proven using daleel, or it is not.
people before us couldn't understand what psychiatric disorders were, so they attributed them to possession, there is no reason for such myths to continue, let alone associating islam with them.

alcurad
10-31-2008, 09:28 PM
I will translate it myself since google isn't been helpful,
the first one:
The shaytan flows through the son of Adam like his blood does, so tighten where he flows by hunger.

the second one:
The shaytan flows through the son of Adam like blood, and there is not one of you but has a shaytan with him, one of the people asked : not even you, oh messenger of Allah? the prophet said : not even I, but Allah has helped me in regards to him, so he became muslim.

the first one encourages fasting, the second one mentions that everyone has a shaytan with him, even the prophet. so if possession were possible, this hadeeth means even the prophet was possessed?.

the shaytan spoken of here, is the qareen, the one that is with the human when he is born, and is essentially a part of him. it does not indicate possession.

AnonymousPoster
10-31-2008, 10:28 PM
these pakis exaggerate alot man, they dont think out of the box
only "Pakis"? true Muslims call other by racist names?
and getting taweez could be a form of shirk, what do you mean specifically by taweez though?
best he sees a psychiatrist as barney said. that would help much more than an 'extractor'.
when some one is violated by another family member, instead of reporting the crime to authorities, people come up with all sorts of justifications and tell the victim to hush up, they want no one to find out, their twisted sense of honor is at stake "not his fault it was the shadow in him that done it".

Not that it is any use going to authorities in any "Muslim" ruled country. It would be like jumping of out of frying pan straight in to fire. But if it is in a country like England I encourage sisters to report it. few days in police cells do wonders to drive out the jinn and afterwards upon conviction some years spent in jail will remove all traces of possession.

PS. it drives me up the wall when I see barney making more sense than Muslims of LI

The Khan
11-01-2008, 12:47 AM
yes, but you mentioned the hadeeth out of context.
إن الشيطان ليجري من ابن آدم مجرى الدم فضيقوا مجاريه بالجوع

and

إنّ الشيطان ليجري من ابن آدم مجرى الدم، وما منكم من أحد إلاّ وله شيطان. قيل: ولا أنت يا رسول الله؟ قال: ولا أنا إلاّ أنّ الله تعالى أعانني عليه فأسلم

nether hadeeth mentions possession, else the prophet was possessed too?
Narrated 'Aisha:

that Allah's Apostle was affected by magic, so much that he used to think that he had done something which in fact, he did not do, and he invoked his Lord (for a remedy). Then (one day) he said, "O 'Aisha!) Do you know that Allah has advised me as to the problem I consulted Him about?" 'Aisha said, "O Allah's Apostle! What's that?" He said, "Two men came to me and one of them sat at my head and the other at my feet, and one of them asked his companion, 'What is wrong with this man?' The latter replied, 'He is under the effect of magic.' The former asked, 'Who has worked magic on him?' The latter replied, 'Labid bin Al-A'sam.' The former asked, 'With what did he work the magic?' The latter replied, 'With a comb and the hair, which are stuck to the comb, and the skin of pollen of a date-palm tree.' The former asked, 'Where is that?' The latter replied, 'It is in Dharwan.' Dharwan was a well in the dwelling place of the (tribe of) Bani Zuraiq. Allah's Apostle went to that well and returned to 'Aisha, saying, 'By Allah, the water (of the well) was as red as the infusion of Hinna, (1) and the date-palm trees look like the heads of devils.' 'Aisha added, Allah's Apostle came to me and informed me about the well. I asked the Prophet, 'O Allah's Apostle, why didn't you take out the skin of pollen?' He said, 'As for me, Allah has cured me and I hated to draw the attention of the people to such evil (which they might learn and harm others with).' "

Narrated Hisham's father: 'Aisha said, "Allah's Apostle was bewitched, so he invoked Allah repeatedly requesting Him to cure him from that magic)." Hisham then narrated the above narration. (See Hadith No. 658, Vol. 7)

Narrated 'Aisha:

A man called Labid bin al-A'sam from the tribe of Bani Zaraiq worked magic on Allah's Apostle till Allah's Apostle started imagining that he had done a thing that he had not really done. One day or one night he was with us, he invoked Allah and invoked for a long period, and then said, "O 'Aisha! Do you know that Allah has instructed me concerning the matter I have asked him about? Two men came to me and one of them sat near my head and the other near my feet. One of them said to his companion, "What is the disease of this man?" The other replied, "He is under the effect of magic.' The first one asked, 'Who has worked the magic on him?' The other replied, "Labid bin Al-A'sam.' The first one asked, 'What material did he use?' The other replied, 'A comb and the hairs stuck to it and the skin of pollen of a male date palm.' The first one asked, 'Where is that?' The other replied, '(That is) in the well of Dharwan;' " So Allah's Apostle along with some of his companions went there and came back saying, "O 'Aisha, the color of its water is like the infusion of Henna leaves. The tops of the date-palm trees near it are like the heads of the devils." I asked. "O Allah's Apostle? Why did you not show it (to the people)?" He said, "Since Allah cured me, I disliked to let evil spread among the people." Then he ordered that the well be filled up with earth.

Narrated Aisha:

Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he used to think that he had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not (Sufyan said: That is the hardest kind of magic as it has such an effect). Then one day he said, "O 'Aisha do you know that Allah has instructed me concerning the matter I asked Him about? Two men came to me and one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. The one near my head asked the other. What is wrong with this man?' The latter replied the is under the effect of magic The first one asked, Who has worked magic on him?' The other replied Labid bin Al-A'sam, a man from Bani Zuraiq who was an ally of the Jews and was a hypocrite.' The first one asked, What material did he use)?' The other replied, 'A comb and the hair stuck to it.' The first one asked, 'Where (is that)?' The other replied. 'In a skin of pollen of a male date palm tree kept under a stone in the well of Dharwan' '' So the Prophet went to that well and took out those things and said "That was the well which was shown to me (in a dream) Its water looked like the infusion of Henna leaves and its date-palm trees looked like the heads of devils." The Prophet added, "Then that thing was taken out' I said (to the Prophet ) "Why do you not treat yourself with Nashra?" He said, "Allah has cured me; I dislike to let evil spread among my people."

These narrations, however, contradict the noble Qur'an:

We know best why it is they listen, when they listen to thee; and when they meet in private conference, behold, the wicked say, "Ye follow none other than a man bewitched!" (17:47)

"Or (Why) has not a treasure been bestowed on him, or why has he (not) a garden for enjoyment?" The wicked say: "Ye follow none other than a man bewitched." (25:8)

Can someone correct me, as I don't know Arabic?

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
To support your statement regarding racism;

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). (49:13)

true_muslimmah
11-01-2008, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
when some one is violated by another family member, instead of reporting the crime to authorities, people come up with all sorts of justifications and tell the victim to hush up, they want no one to find out, their twisted sense of honor is at stake "not his fault it was the shadow in him that done it".

Not that it is any use going to authorities in any "Muslim" ruled country. It would be like jumping of out of frying pan straight in to fire. But if it is in a country like England I encourage sisters to report it. few days in police cells do wonders to drive out the jinn and afterwards upon conviction some years spent in jail will remove all traces of possession.

PS. it drives me up the wall when I see barney making more sense than Muslims of LI

Well problem is that my brother doesnt know he has a shadow in him, my mum and his wife hasnt told him. He will not accept that he has problem.

I aint ruling out completely that black magic and jinn do not exist, course it does, what i am saying is that is it possible to ave a bad shadow in u all the time making you do bad things? Such as:

Beat his wife, beat his sister (me), smashed my lil bro in his face, accuses my other two bro's of sleeping with his wife and then accuses on of them for having a long term affair with his wife, constant accusationa sfter accusations. and he denies that he is the father to his two children, smokes weed, drugs, alcohol, gambling.

All that above mentioned, has nothing to do with a shadow in him making him do all that?

Come on, i just cant seem to get it in to my head, and he will never go and get professional help because just as you mentioned above they do not want anyone knowing this.

Tbh i dont give a crap about him. He can do what he wants, doesnt bother me anymore, but next time he raises his hand at me and accuses my charatcter as a women i will give him the exact beating he has given me, let him feel what it is like to be treated like that and also press charges against him.

The sight of him makes me sick.

The Khan
11-01-2008, 05:01 PM
He's possessed. He can't help it. I recommend you hire a professional Muslim exorcist. Some evil Jinn has taken over him.

The problem with society is, for illiterate people here, they consult black magicians for problems like cancer.

For problems like Jinn possession, educated people consult a psychiatrist.

true_muslimmah
11-01-2008, 06:46 PM
How do you know he is possessed? Please care to explain....

true_muslimmah
11-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Your saying that he can't help it. Isn't Allah SWT enough? Isn't He Himself the answer?

Ok, fair enough you say he is possessed, cant he MAKE the effort and start engaging in dhikr and increase is emaan, pray his salah and do his fardh as a Muslim. Surely that will be start or are you going to say to me that he is possessed and he cannot do so?

The things i mentioned in the previous replies of the acts he does, does that mean that every Muslim who do stuff like that are possessed?

Güven
11-01-2008, 07:18 PM
:salamext:

Sister There is NO such thing as an SHADOW ..... a shadow :?

Every person is assigned a special djinn to them, also called a Qareen, they are the djinns what whisper into your soul and tell you to give into your evil desires. The Prophet Muhammad's djinn turned into a Muslim djinn, on the recitation of the Qur'an, as the djinn found it most beautiful. SubhanAllah

And whosoever turns away blindly from the remembrance of the Most Gracious (Allah) (i.e. this Qur’ân and adoration of Allâh), We appoint for him Shaytan to be a Qareen (a companion) to him. Sura Az-Zukhruf (43:36)

And remember shaytan has NO power to force us into comitting sins.

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...ting-sins.html

So if he starts with remembrance of Allah and praying etc. I think he will be good :)

But ofcourse ALLAHU ALIM!(Allah knows best)

true_muslimmah
11-01-2008, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
:salamext:

Sister There is NO such thing as an SHADOW ..... a shadow :?

Every person is assigned a special djinn to them, also called a Qareen, they are the djinns what whisper into your soul and tell you to give into your evil desires. The Prophet Muhammad's djinn turned into a Muslim djinn, on the recitation of the Qur'an, as the djinn found it most beautiful. SubhanAllah

And whosoever turns away blindly from the remembrance of the Most Gracious (Allah) (i.e. this Qur’ân and adoration of Allâh), We appoint for him Shaytan to be a Qareen (a companion) to him. Sura Az-Zukhruf (43:36)

And remember shaytan has NO power to force us into comitting sins.

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...ting-sins.html

So if he starts with remembrance of Allah and praying etc. I think he will be good :)

But ofcourse ALLAHU ALIM!(Allah knows best)

Agreed. So i was right. My mum and sis in law are like yeah he has really got a shadow in him, and yday i said to both of them that u lack islamic guidance and that. (being clever hehe)

Thank you Guven for clearing it, he himself is responsible for his own actions, it is up to him whether to commit these sins or not, and he chooses to.

I rest my case with my mum and sis in law, they just dont believe me :enough!:

Insha'allah all in good time i will be married and away from this psycho.

Zahida
11-01-2008, 07:45 PM
:sl: It is my belief that he is under the influence of drugs, weed and alcohol that is making him say and do these nasty things.....

Try curing him of this first and then you can rule out the "jinn".................:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by true_muslimmah
Well problem is that my brother doesnt know he has a shadow in him, my mum and his wife hasnt told him. He will not accept that he has problem.

I aint ruling out completely that black magic and jinn do not exist, course it does, what i am saying is that is it possible to ave a bad shadow in u all the time making you do bad things? Such as:

Beat his wife, beat his sister (me), smashed my lil bro in his face, accuses my other two bro's of sleeping with his wife and then accuses on of them for having a long term affair with his wife, constant accusationa sfter accusations. and he denies that he is the father to his two children, smokes weed, drugs, alcohol, gambling.

All that above mentioned, has nothing to do with a shadow in him making him do all that?

Come on, i just cant seem to get it in to my head, and he will never go and get professional help because just as you mentioned above they do not want anyone knowing this.

Tbh i dont give a crap about him. He can do what he wants, doesnt bother me anymore, but next time he raises his hand at me and accuses my charatcter as a women i will give him the exact beating he has given me, let him feel what it is like to be treated like that and also press charges against him.

The sight of him makes me sick.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.