/* */

PDA

View Full Version : MustafaMc Says Goodbye

MustafaMc
10-31-2008, 12:53 AM
Assalamu alaikum, wa rahmatullahi, wa barakatu,

My dear respected brothers and sisters in Islam and other members of LI,

I have requested for my userID with LI to be disabled and, insha'Allah, this will be my last post here. I have enjoyed participating on this forum and I have met a lot of memorable people who I otherwise would not have known. I have benefited as a result of participating here by enhancing my understanding of Islam and of the Christianity faith. However, a recent thread by a respected brother reminded me that each minute of our lives is valuable and that we should spend it in productive ways particularly with regard to our families.

I ask that anyone whom I have unintentionally offended due to my style of communicating or if I have ever written anything that was false according to their understanding of Islam, to please forgive me. I have discussed religious beliefs with several Christians and I have always intended to speak what I believed to be the Truth. I have chosen to hold nothing back relative to my understanding of Islam and of Christianity in these discussions at the risk of possibly appearing to insult or offend them. I am hopeful that my discussions here will be judged by Allah as being truthful and in the best of manners along the lines of Prophet Muhammad's (saaws) example.

May Allah guide and preserve the Muslims along the Straight Way and may He guide the non-Muslims to the Straight Way.

Wa salaam,
Mustafa

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
10-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Temporaily or permenent . If permeneant khudafiz:(

The Khan
10-31-2008, 01:12 AM
Allahafiz bro.

جوري
10-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Don't go akhi.. who will refute Gene and his clan..

I am too tired to argue today.. but you simply can't deprive members of your knowledge =(

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YusufNoor
10-31-2008, 01:32 AM
:sl:

Cheers Mate!

Ameen to your duas and may your usage of time be that which pleases Allah[swt] the most!

May Allah[swt] grant you knowledge which is beneficial and may He[swt] keep you from knowledge which isn't!

Yusuf

Na7lah
10-31-2008, 01:58 AM
You'll be a loss, Allah ma3ak :)
take care

Ma'salamah :thankyou:

north_malaysian
10-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Allah Ma3akom!!!

Thanks... and bye....

qassy!
10-31-2008, 02:31 AM
allah hafiz bruv!

Amat Allah
10-31-2008, 03:24 AM
Asalamo Alikom Wa Rahmato Allahi Wa Barakatoh

O my brother you are leaving this pleace but your memory will never leave our hearts and minds ...Wa Allahi you are one of the dear brothers I respect and really pride to take his precious thoughts and opinions coz mashaa Allah all of them are really wise and inshaa Allah pleasing Allah subhanaho wa ta`ala ...

you were always good to ur brothers and sisters and still mashaa Allah may Allah protect you and your family ,love you ,fill your heart with happiness ,satisfaction,warmth,love ,peace and the most important of his rememberance and may Allah protect you from all harms,sins,shaitan and hellfire and make you pass the seraat as an eye blink to enter the highest levels of paradise with out being reckoning with Rasool Allah (salla Allaho Alyhi Wa Sallam )and his Sahaba( may Allah be pleased with them) to see Allah`s Al Mighty face and to sit with his prophets and angels Alyhom asalaam eating from the fruit of Jannat Al ferdaws..

praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon the last of the prophets and messangers Muhammad (salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam)

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

inshaa Allah I will never forget you my brother and inshaa Allah I will always make Duaa for you inshaa Allah....

I tried once to leave this place for a higher goal but subhaan Allah I just realised that to attain that goal LI is the right place for this subhaan Allah...

may Allah be pleased with us and may he accept all our good deeds and purify us from all sins to be winners of his satisfaction love and Al Jannah Ameeeeeeeeeen

you are leaving and all your beautifull beneficent and amazing words are incised in our memories may Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness and may Al Jannah miss you my brother and ur family Ameeeeeeeen

fee amanillah leaving you under Allah`s protection
with all my respect ur sister :

Amat Allah

alcurad
10-31-2008, 04:33 AM
ma'assalama brother

LI has lost a good member and brother...

BlissfullyJaded
10-31-2008, 06:49 AM

Ah, you'll be missed bro... Sad to see you go. Hope you decide to return inshaAllah!

Ameen to the dua.

Khayal
10-31-2008, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Ah, you'll be missed bro... Sad to see you go. Hope you decide to return inshaAllah!

Ameen to the dua.

Same here!

barney
10-31-2008, 06:57 AM
Hey, all the best dude. Nice posting with ya. :)

aysenil
10-31-2008, 07:03 AM
all the best...

format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
However, a recent thread by a respected brother reminded me that each minute of our lives is valuable and that we should spend it in productive ways particularly with regard to our families.
but this make me to think bro.:(

selametle...

ummzayd
10-31-2008, 07:28 AM
wa alaikum as-salaam brother

I have always valued and appreciated reading your posts masha'Allah. So should we all just pack up and leave internet forums and groups like this one? or is there something useful to do here? maybe limit oneself to a couple of hours a week or something.....well I'm clutching at straws now lol.

I haven't spent much time on LI as I find it quite addictive and am only too well aware of how much the internet can greedily gobble up your time. It is tempting to get involved in pointless exchanges or even worse, to write something in anger or annoyance that might be a burden on the day of judgement. So I will log into LI sometimes just to read informative posts for my own benefit, and maybe save or print something interesting or thought-provoking. Sometimes I can find a particular issue that has lain heavily on my own heart and the moderators or another knowledgeable person will have given a beautiful and detailed answer that makes me so happy I could cry. May Allah swt reward them.

Strangely though I sometimes feel guilty for NOT getting involved more in discussions where I might be able to say something that would benefit someone else. It's a dilemma isn't it?

Anyway, it's a privilege to have (virtually) met you and heard your story alhamdulillah. May Allah swt increase you in knowledge and bless you and your wife and family abundantly ameen.

wassalam from your sister

Danah
10-31-2008, 08:28 AM
I hope that its temporary leave.....
May allah protect you and guide you always to the best path
Leave you in the care of Allah brother

crayon
10-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Quote:
LI has lost a good member and brother...
True. Quote:
may your usage of time be that which pleases Allah[swt] the most!
Ameen!
I third that.

Salam brother, may Allah grant you happiness and serenity in this life and the next, hopefully we'll all meet up in the IslamicBoard Jannah bash. :D

*Marwah
10-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Masallama brother
on till we meet again:thankyou:
Thanks for everything

SixTen
10-31-2008, 11:38 AM

You will be missed by the LI crew. From past experience, no one leaves a forum forever, they always return, so lets say, "see you later" :)

(unless you suddenly find that you no longer have access to internet!)

MustafaMc
10-31-2008, 12:33 PM
I am touched, honored, and deeply humbled by the kind words written above. Indeed I have a deeply felt affection for quite a number of LI members, some of whom are no longer with us. I will truly miss this community of believers and my interactions with them. Honestly, Brother Woodrow's thread on addiction spoke directly to my heart. I definitely don't encourage others to leave LI, but I have decided that this is the right thing for me to do. I have spent too much time and mental effort in debating with the Christians and the Naturalistic Evolutionists. May Allah purify my intentions and accept my efforts fisabillah to write what I believe to be the Truth. Unfortunately, these debates have continued on in my head even after I have logged off LI to the point where they have entered into my salah. I have also been neglectful of my family with the amount of time spent online here. I hope that you all will understand my reasons. Assalamu alaikum.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-31-2008, 12:41 PM
^ indeed it is understood.

Make your family the happiest family out there bro ! inshAllah :D !

i look forward to hearing from you, if not in this life then in the next inshAllah !

Assalamu Alaikum

truemuslim
10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Lol bro u cant stay away from LI unless ur password doesnt work or u lost ur internet access:p
insahllah u be back yo!
ALllah hafiz

Amadeus85
10-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Mustafa and who's gonna argue with Grace Seeker and Keltoi in comperative religions if not You huh?
All the best for You.

SixTen
10-31-2008, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Mustafa and who's gonna argue with Grace Seeker and Keltoi in comperative religions if not You huh?
All the best for You.
*enters the headache-bearing world of comparative religion*

IbnAbdulHakim
10-31-2008, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
*enters the headache-bearing world of comparative religion*
bro you forgot the

*with some paracetamol*

you gotta add that part !

SixTen
10-31-2008, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
bro you forgot the

*with some paracetamol*

you gotta add that part !
Paracetamol doesn't help me imsad

Al-Zaara
10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Selam aleykum,

MustafaMc, it was a great pleasure to have you here on the LI crew. I always liked to read your posts. JazakAllah kheyr for all your time you've given! And all the wisdom and good answers.

InshaAllah you'll be in my duas, I pray you and your family will be blessed and successful, in this life and the next inshaAllah.

Snowflake
10-31-2008, 01:21 PM

I dont see a need for anyone to disappear for the reason mentioned but rather to achieve a balance. That's how it should be in all matters. With good self-discipline one can spend time with family and with brothers and sisters on the internet/socially. Alhumdulillah this (internet) is a wonderful way to share your knowledge and gain reward. It can only multiply as people take it on board inshaAllah.

Our beloved Prophet (saw) used to divide his time between worship, family and spreading knowledge/helping others. I can't think of a better example, alhumdulillah.

in duaas,

asalam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Yanal
10-31-2008, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I third that.

Salam brother, may Allah grant you happiness and serenity in this life and the next, hopefully we'll all meet up in the IslamicBoard Jannah bash. :D
I fourth that.

Sahabiyaat
10-31-2008, 03:48 PM
wat ur trying to say is :BeRightBack: :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-31-2008, 03:50 PM
no one takes leavers serious on this forum anymore lol

truemuslim
10-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Lol its coz this forum got this druggy/musici thing that makes u keep comin back fo mo :p

جوري
10-31-2008, 06:07 PM
I don't think you should request a ban.. I think you should just take a leave of absence.. we all need a leave of absence.. I have done it before three times, it can be renewing.. but simply don't give up on us.. you might be exactly the reply someone is looking for when they google something to do with comparative religion...

you might be the person who meets a new comer and offer da3wa...

for now akhi, don't do something so dramatic.. just take sometime for you and your family.. and then come back to LI when you are ready...

Yanal
11-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Like i did :) Thought i could stay away but the tempting computer had called me back:)
He isn't banned yet no admin accepted him yet i think.

ummzayd
11-01-2008, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
I don't think you should request a ban.. I think you should just take a leave of absence.. we all need a leave of absence.. I have done it before three times, it can be renewing.. but simply don't give up on us.. you might be exactly the reply someone is looking for when they google something to do with comparative religion...

you might be the person who meets a new comer and offer da3wa...

for now akhi, don't do something so dramatic.. just take sometime for you and your family.. and then come back to LI when you are ready...

This is good advice brother MustafaMc please just take a leave of absence....I would like to be able to search your posts in the future as you have been involved in some really interesting discussions and made lots of excellent points masha'Allah. Of course you must make the decision you feel is best for you and your family.....

Nájlá
11-01-2008, 05:26 PM
i gotta say that i loved reading ur post.

i hope u come back

feeAmanillah

*Hana*
01-16-2009, 04:44 AM
Salam Alaikum:

How did I miss this thread?? imsad

Inshallah, our much respected brother will return from time to time to share is vast knowledge with us.

My dear brother, you will be sincerely missed. I know the importance of balance with family, work, etc., but I have to agree with our dear sister Argon Gossamer. I also took a break from LI and my own forum because it was taking too much time from my family. Now, I pop in every now and then and it's much better. I hope you will be able to find the same balance as your knowledge is needed and respected by everyone here.

Whatever you decide, I pray Allah, swt, will continue to bless you abundantly for all your efforts and grants you success in all your endeavors. Ameen

Please give my Salams to my dear sister. Inshallah, she is in the best of health and Iman. I miss seeing her on the forums too. :)

Wa'alaikum salam,
Hana

Grace Seeker
01-27-2009, 04:45 PM
I am sorry I missed this thread when it was first posted and am only finding it today. I had missed seeing Mustafa on this forum and wondered where he had been. Indeed I had even looked for his posts, but found none. And now I know why.

While I suppose that Mustafa and I will never be able to be in total agreement because of our different faith beliefs, I always appreciated the sincerety of his questions and his willingness to read for understanding and not merely to argue. I know that there were times when he must have surely thought of me that I was just being combative or contentious. I apologize for my failings on those occassions.

I considered, still do consider, Mustafa a true friend. I found in the integrity of his position someone who I felt a connection with, and that connection often sustained me in difficult times. Sadly, I have no way of telling him how much I will miss him, but I know that I shall because I have already felt it.

Mustafa, I pray that your deen and iman may increase to support you both in this life and the life hereafter. May you find the relationships of your life rewarding, especially those of your family and other close friends. May your life be long and may Allah prosper you in it, and may you find genuine depth of meaning in your relationship with Allah.

Not knowing an Islamic blessing, I take one from my scriptures, but I mean it with all sincerity for you as my brother:

"The LORD bless you
and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace."

Keltoi
01-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I could have sworn I saw a MustafaMc post not long ago....

Ar-RaYYan
01-27-2009, 04:58 PM
^
his last post was this:

I am touched, honored, and deeply humbled by the kind words written above. Indeed I have a deeply felt affection for quite a number of LI members, some of whom are no longer with us. I will truly miss this community of believers and my interactions with them. Honestly, Brother Woodrow's thread on addiction spoke directly to my heart. I definitely don't encourage others to leave LI, but I have decided that this is the right thing for me to do. I have spent too much time and mental effort in debating with the Christians and the Naturalistic Evolutionists. May Allah purify my intentions and accept my efforts fisabillah to write what I believe to be the Truth. Unfortunately, these debates have continued on in my head even after I have logged off LI to the point where they have entered into my salah. I have also been neglectful of my family with the amount of time spent online here. I hope that you all will understand my reasons. Assalamu alaikum
posted 31st October 2008

Yanal
01-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Hes online right now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.