/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Its what prevents me from being a "good muslim"

AnonymousPoster
10-31-2008, 02:37 AM
Salam Brothers and Sisters

For many months I have tried to become a better Muslim some weeks i do well then i go bad again

I guess I have a few problems, please do not link me to any complicated stuff to read...

1) Why are there people suffering in the world, for example in Africa..there children!

2) If I am being good in society, helping people, charity, feeding family, helping mum + dad but not reading namaz why does it make me a bad Muslim?

3) Why does it make me a bad Muslim if i talk 2 the opposite sex, when im not doing anything wrong?

4) In Islam it says Zinah is wrong, how comes talking to the opp sex is wrong IF you can control your attentions?

5) Why is music haram, if it doesn't change the way you think?

6) Why is alcohol haram if it doesn't change the way you think its just liqud?

7) As our death is written, allah knows how we are going to act when we are in our life so its not a "true" test...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anette
10-31-2008, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I wish alcohol was forbidden in our country. There are few things that have broken up families and made people unhappy as alcohol has in my country. It is highly addictive, especially for teenagers. It is not just liquid and it really alters the way you think and affects your life in the way you do not want.

I hope you find faith.

bewildred
10-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Look, bro/sis, all athletes who practise jump know that in order to have a strong departure, they need a step backward. Sounds like you're experiencing a period of doubts. I think all muslims have been through that. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Most of what you stated is the first step to a scale of sins or addictions. Why go there at all when one already knows the outcome? Islam is here to protect us from those addictions and from ourselves.

You need some "you" time to have a 'lil introspection. You need to weigh all what's good for you. You have to learn to set priorities. I'm not giving you lessons, far from that. You and only you can find the path to the salvation of your soul.

May Allah be with you

S

Malaikah
10-31-2008, 09:05 AM
:sl:

Bro sis, just have a look at this link if you think there is nothing wrong with alcohol. May Allah open your heart to the truth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol...ion_and_health

Hopefully the link isn't too complicated, it does talk about some of the many diseases alcohol causes, including cancer.

Honestly, our city centre has become a no go zone during the nights because of the drunken idiots who pose a threat to innocent bystanders. And lets not forget the countless ties we've turned on the T.V. only to find that an innocent person was killed in a car crash because some idiot didn't realise that "if you drink and drive, you're a bloody idiot."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Khan
10-31-2008, 10:37 AM
1) Why are there people suffering in the world, for example in Africa..there children!
The world is a prison. The afterlife has a prison which is infinitely times worse or paradise, which has houris, and rivers of honey milk, etc...

2) If I am being good in society, helping people, charity, feeding family, helping mum + dad but not reading namaz why does it make me a bad Muslim?
Allah (SWT) has prescribed Salat for your own good. Not only is it a good form of yoga and keeps you healthy, it is the only method of contacting your creator.

3) Why does it make me a bad Muslim if i talk 2 the opposite sex, when im not doing anything wrong?
It depends on the scholar who's releasing the fatwa regarding this. While Salafi or ultra-orthodox scholars ban it completely, many scholars say it is halal as long there's no attraction or impure thoughts. I had already consulted a scholar last month before deciding to follow God alone, and he replied to my request (saw it yesterday) saying this. The Qur'an is quite clear about it - women, dress decently, men, lower your gaze, women, lower your gaze.

4) In Islam it says Zinah is wrong, how comes talking to the opp sex is wrong IF you can control your attentions?
I answered that.

I shall give you my opinion in private, if you wish, as it is out of bounds by orthodox Islamic ruling. Msg me if you're interested.

Others have answered this question.

7) As our death is written, allah knows how we are going to act when we are in our life so its not a "true" test...
I have no idea. Allah (SWT) knows best. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-31-2008, 11:30 AM

the way you think has already been greatly Altered

and shaytaan makes this mentality "fair seeming" to you

And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest exceeding the limits they should abuse Allah out of ignorance. Thus have We made fair seeming to every people their deeds; then to their Lord shall be their return, so He will inform them of what they did.

Ali.
10-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

All is in Allah [swt]'s hands bro', the best you can do at this moment in time is to make du'a for all the sufferers.

Nobody can judge whether you are a good Muslim or not apart from Allah [swt]. Prayer is mentioned in the Qur'an as very important, you must try your best to carry them out!

For every nation there is a direction to which they face (in their prayers). So hasten towards all that is good. Wheresoever you may be, Allah will bring you together (on the Day of Resurrection). Truly, Allah is Able to do all things.
{2:148}

O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly! Allah is with As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).
{2:153}

Guard strictly (five obligatory) AsSalawat (the prayers) especially the middle Salat, and stand before Allah with obedience.
{2:238}

And trust me, prayer is mentioned many many more times in the Qur'an. Keep trying! :thumbs_up

Refer to The Khan's answer.

SAA

I cannot put the answer into one post. If you follow one of the four madhabs though, they all agree it is haram.

Woah, bro'! It's not just a liquid! It clouds judgement and is the cause of cancer and in some cases, death!

They ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit for men*, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they ought to spend. Say: "That which is beyond your needs." Thus Allah makes clear to you His Laws in order that you may give thought."

* I think they use it in medicine sometimes, hence the benefit.
{2:219}

O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, AlAnsab, and AlAzlam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitans (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.
{5:90}

So you think if Allah wrote down for us to get married at a certain age, we should just lock ourselves in our rooms and things like that will come to us?
No. You have to act. Put it this way: Allah knows what we will do.

SixTen
10-31-2008, 11:52 AM

For many months I have tried to become a better Muslim some weeks i do well then i go bad again

I guess I have a few problems, please do not link me to any complicated stuff to read...

Because of the wrongdoings of humans for the most part

Because, Allah created you to worship him - If all your life you did not thank Allah for all you received, you did not love or hate or do things for him - then your actions have been in somewhat vein. Alas, not to say competely vain, Allah will treat a good deed as a good deed (condition to intention), but then, you have ignored to do what Allah has created you for

Because it can lead to doing wrong due to temptation

Again, you think you can control your attention, but the devil is their to aid you in your wrongdoing.

Because it can change the way you think, act, behave and so fourth. It is a distraction to the worship of Allah.

Subhannallah, I live in a western country, and the wrongs that have existed due to the permittedness of alcohol makes me sick.

I know that if I give a man the choice between a ferrari and a barbie doll, he will take the former. It doesn't mean the man didn't have a choice

Allah just knows what you will do, with your free will. I mean, can you show me how your free will is, restricted?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-31-2008, 11:57 AM
:sl:

because praying in one of the five pillars of islam...tell me, how does a house house survive without one of its pillars?

read my sig...

*intentions

what makes you think you can?---> genuine qn, btw.

btw, dont take my answers as fatwas...because thats not my intention....just to make you think about it differently...

The Khan
10-31-2008, 01:25 PM
I recall a fatwa from IOL. The sheikh said that the first gaze for men is permitted, as it's unintentional and comes naturally. Any further gaze is haraam, as it can be controlled.

Leyla73
10-31-2008, 01:57 PM
But, what if you talk to the opposite sex, who you're not interested in at all, not for being friends or whatever, but for work. Like for example talking to your childs director? Does that make you a bad muslim ??

IbnAbdulHakim
10-31-2008, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Leyla73
But, what if you talk to the opposite sex, who you're not interested in at all, not for being friends or whatever, but for work. Like for example talking to your childs director? Does that make you a bad muslim ??
no of course not

whats mentioned here is free-mixing - idle banter - chit-chat and gossip, that which is unnecessary.

You are a still a good muslim if you - whilst not being alone - see your childs director whilst observing the commands of hijaab and lowering the gaze, inshaAllaah

may Allah grant me and us understanding, Ameen

Zahida
10-31-2008, 10:33 PM
:sl: Our brothers and sisters have given you some excellent advice....... I would say take a good look at your life and around you and make the necessary adjustments ............ you are a human you have a concious and a soul you know right from wrong........... as we grow older our way of thinking changes as does our appearance, our health etc etc......

Drugs/alcohol are not good for you.......... you will gain nothing from consuming these.........

May Allah guide you and ease your difficulties. Ameen.:w::w:

(we all go through a period of self doubt you are not the first/last, but only you can find the answers by seeking..........)

alcurad
10-31-2008, 10:44 PM

talking to the opposite sex is not wrong, that's how people interacted since the beginning of humanity, some muslims take more extreme views than others on the issue though.

music is not haram for all scholars, some allow it.
and could everyone please stop repeating the lie that all the 4 mathahib completely forbid it. saying that means all the scholars adhering to said mathahib forbid music completely.
so people should be created then punished or rewarded right away :?
rather this life is to show us our own actions, so when we are punished or rewarded we know why that is happening.
note that we are not responsible for actions we are not aware of doing, or are not aware that such actions are wrong.

Tornado
11-01-2008, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
music is not haram for all scholars, some allow it.
and could everyone please stop repeating the lie that all the 4 mathahib completely forbid it. saying that means all the scholars adhering to said mathahib forbid music completely.
Allowing it doesn't mean it's right. When you have different viewpoints, it doesn't mean they're both right. It seems the consensus is music is not allowed.

To OP:
Alcohol not changing the way you think? Really? Isn't this actually one of the reasons to take it? At least you are asking questions, good for you. Keep looking :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.