/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why not an electric car?

جوري
10-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Want to know your reservations on purchasing electric or hybrid cars?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_Cena
10-31-2008, 09:18 PM
lol the second pic it funny lol, jazakallah khair for sharing sister skye.

جوري
10-31-2008, 09:22 PM
yeah the second one is a goof.. I have a four by four and don't care much for sport cars... considering so far I have seen men with a mid life crisis driving them, as their comb over

flies with the wind :lol: nonetheless I still want to know, why not go hybrid or electric?

:w:

wth1257
10-31-2008, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Want to know your reservations on purchasing electric or hybrid cars?

hmmmm.....

The real reason I have never bought an electric car is because I am an impoverished University student:cry:

:coolious:

I actually would really consider buing an electric or hybrid car, but I really don't need any car at the moment.

Do you have something against them?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-31-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't know much about them.. my brother picked out my current car and my ole man paid for it.. and I actually love it, although it has been dying on me recently, seems to cost me more than I'd sell it for at this stage, I think if I bought another one insha'Allah, it will be the same type, since I feel very comfortable driving it, I am not sure I can drive a small car, I'd feel weird...

just wanted to get the opinion of the guys on board.. I didn't know they were more expensive than regular cars? they seem flimsy to me..

this is what my current car looks like but mine has also a sun roof and

mean looking bars at the front, which I advise everyone to get, I was in head on collisions and where the other people's cars were totaled, my lights weren't even broken, the metal bars took the brunt of the impact wal7mdlilah...

of course my insurance went through the roof and I was pretty shaken.. nonetheless.. I learned a valuable lesson or two or three..
stay away from folks with Mercedes, beemers etc.. if absolutely must get into an accident make sure it is with a dodge geo ;D

alcurad
10-31-2008, 09:34 PM
heh, did you get ^ from KSA?
good thing not much happened in the accident...
hybrids are good for gas conservation, the japanese ones are the best in fuel efficiency as of yet, 'm not sure but I think some even don't require plug-in charging. on the other hand not all cars are created equal, so high price, and the tech being still in it's infancy don't make it too attractive.

Ali.
10-31-2008, 09:35 PM
^^ Lol.

Seems pretty cool, but gotta' wait a couple of years before I'm legally allowed to take a driving test insha'Allah!

جوري
10-31-2008, 09:35 PM
:lol:... no.... it is a pathfinder...

I think an electric or hybrid car would be excellent for KSA though considering how hot it gets there..

جوري
10-31-2008, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
^^ Lol.

Seems pretty cool, but gotta' wait a few years before I'm legally allowed to take a driving test!
when you go for the drive, press on the gas, then open the door and kick the sales dude out and drive off ........:D

I kid of course :coolious: ----------- not

:-[

Ali.
10-31-2008, 09:40 PM
when you go for the drive, press on the gas, then open the door and kick the sales dude out and drive off ........:D

I kid of course :coolious: ----------- not

:-[
So you're planning to save fossil fuels, but kill man instead?

:ooh:

alcurad
10-31-2008, 09:53 PM
I would wait 4-5 years before getting a hybrid, seems the technology has yet to spread enough.

btw did you get the bento bin zouirjishi?:)

wth1257
10-31-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't know much about them.. my brother picked out my current car and my ole man paid for it.. and I actually love it, although it has been dying on me recently, seems to cost me more than I'd sell it for at this stage, I think if I bought another one insha'Allah, it will be the same type, since I feel very comfortable driving it, I am not sure I can drive a small car, I'd feel weird...

just wanted to get the opinion of the guys on board.. I didn't know they were more expensive than regular cars? they seem flimsy to me..

this is what my current car looks like but mine has also a sun roof and

mean looking bars at the front, which I advise everyone to get, I was in head on collisions and where the other people's cars were totaled, my lights weren't even broken, the metal bars took the brunt of the impact wal7mdlilah...

of course my insurance went through the roof and I was pretty shaken.. nonetheless.. I learned a valuable lesson or two or three..
stay away from folks with Mercedes, beemers etc.. if absolutely must get into an accident make sure it is with a dodge geo ;D

yeah, I really don't know much about cars at all.

I think they are kind of flimsy but they save a lot of gas and are good for the enviorment. I don't like they way they look but I like the idea of them.

But like I said earlier I don't need a car. I drove one during high school because I took early classes and could not take the bus, but right now I have no need of one and kind of like not dealing with gas and traffic. If I need to get somewhere I can just take a bus for free or walk to down town. Honestly when I graduate I will probably look to where to move/work takeing transit issues into mind with the goal of haveing to drive as little as possible. I hate driving, if I can I will walk where ever I go and when I have to travel long distances I take the train if at all possible

Walking
Train
Bus
Car

w
a
y

d
o
w
n

Fly

جوري
10-31-2008, 10:24 PM
I had to take public transportation all my life even in undergrad.. I was so happy to have my own car.. I think if I had a choice it would be either walking or driving.. I absolutely detest public transportation.. and I generally dislike people indiscriminately, prefer avoiding them unless it has to do with work.. being in a car is the only time one gets to have with themselves ... :smile:

جوري
10-31-2008, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
I would wait 4-5 years before getting a hybrid, seems the technology has yet to spread enough.

btw did you get the bento bin zouirjishi?:)
Got my bento.. works great.. you ought to try it :D

جوري
10-31-2008, 10:29 PM
So you're planning to save fossil fuels, but kill man instead?

:ooh:
who said anything about kill.. no no.. just drive away with a new car :D

Chuck
10-31-2008, 10:44 PM
:lol:... no.... it is a pathfinder...

I think an electric or hybrid car would be excellent for KSA though considering how hot it gets there..

In the pic it looks like chevy. Anyway, electric cars take too much time to recharge. Hybrids are better, but they are new technology so I'm afraid of reliability and maintenance costs.

I'm driving Sequoia these days:

http://www.trucktrend.com/multimedia.../photo_04.html

جوري
10-31-2008, 10:49 PM
how is the sequoia? also what do you think of the xterra? the new pathfinders are too large for my liking...

don't know who this dude is, but the older pathfinders had this nice wheel on the back, which gives it a safari look.. I am not into cars that are too polished or too sporty.. I like them rugged

you can always tell a Nissan or the better ones infiniti (same mother company) from the handle to open the rear doors it is always embedded.. as you can see from the pix ...

Chuck
10-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Sequoia is nice. But it is big, parking can be problem sometimes. Nissan Xterra is very good. Size is right too. But don't know about the old model.

Chuck
10-31-2008, 11:02 PM
I would recommend Honda CR-V or Acura MDX, but they are not off-roaders.

Güven
10-31-2008, 11:02 PM
^you showoffs! :p

Im gonna take lessons soon InshaAllah and then im gonna try :
naah maybe later lol , i actually prefer smaller cars tho...like a Honda civic orsomething or no wait an BMW X5 :ooh:

جوري
10-31-2008, 11:03 PM
the old model xterra wasn't as good as the pathfinder. .. the new pathfinders are massive

xterra seems the size of the old models of pathfinder plus the rugged look (I adore)

جوري
10-31-2008, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
I would recommend Honda CR-V or Acura MDX, but they are not off-roaders.
Hondas are indeed excellent cars... never hears anyone complain about them.. I am just a creature of habit.. in fact as troublesome as my car has been of late.. I have forged a bond with it, as crazy as that sounds.. I'll probably miss driving it as it takes it final breaths.. I'll probably keep it for sentimental value -- she is an old friend :D

wth1257
10-31-2008, 11:06 PM
I had to take public transportation all my life even in undergrad.. I was so happy to have my own car.. I think if I had a choice it would be either walking or driving.. I absolutely detest public transportation.. and I generally dislike people indiscriminately, prefer avoiding them unless it has to do with work.. being in a car is the only time one gets to have with themselves ... :smile:

that's exactly why I love to walk.

I find that train transportation has become so old that I often have a huge ammount of space all to myself. I can usually read in peace and only have to talk with people if I choose to. Driving, one the other hand, forces me to interact, indirectly albeit, with dozens of individuals who often cannot drive or put their cell phone down long enough to put on a turn signal.:raging:

جوري
11-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Media Tags are no longer supported

I don't think the xterra is for me...hmmmmmmmn..
let me see what the infiniti review is like

جوري
11-01-2008, 12:07 AM

This woman is strange.. :hmm:

جوري
11-01-2008, 12:12 AM
I found one I like.. now to rob a bank :lol:

جوري
11-01-2008, 12:23 AM
I am really impressed with the MERCEDES G 55 AMG. Has a lovely communist look to it...

put your speakers on mute if you don't want to hear music.. the last one is a commercial rather than a sales pitch

alcurad
11-01-2008, 12:34 AM
still at it, are we:)
meh, nothing against your style skye, but the last one was fugly..:

I hate square cars..:/
impressive performance though.

جوري
11-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I like 'fantastically' ugly cars ;D

I have always loved that look.. I know every one gags when they see it even in my family --- something about it though I can't resist.. looks warlike and rugged.. I love war like and rugged...

جوري
11-01-2008, 12:39 AM
I am at it because I need to buy a new car :D soon insha'Allah
was thinking seriously of a hybrid but I am convinced it isn't for me...

Güven
11-01-2008, 12:46 AM
lol that woman realy was strange :skeleton:
for some reason i knew you liked this kind of cars lol

and no nothing for me ....im more like this one Audi Q7 :ooh::

جوري
11-01-2008, 12:48 AM
audis are great cars but hondas handle better for stick shift... do you know how to drive a stick shift?

Güven
11-01-2008, 12:52 AM
yep mostly , but uhmm i dont have a licence yet imsad

جوري
11-01-2008, 01:00 AM
:lol: I wouldn't get in the car with this nervous dude --

sob7an Allah that is exactly where I learned to drive a stick shift an empty school parking lot -- it is an excellent way to get alot of gas millage and actually be in excellent control of the car..
but, it isn't for me.. It is James bondesque and I like the look of shifting gear.. but for me it is more effort than it is worth...

Chuck
11-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I like 'fantastically' ugly cars ;D

I have always loved that look.. I know every one gags when they see it even in my family --- something about it though I can't resist.. looks warlike and rugged.. I love war like and rugged...
You can go for Discovery diesel with snorkel. It is very good on off-road and not bad on pavement. Wrangler is very good on off-road, but on highway it has the worst ride. Hummer H3 is not available with diesel and snorkel in market from factory, otherwise, that would have been best for on and off road driving.

Chuck
11-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Cayenne is very good for on and off road driving, but it is expensive.

crayon
11-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Why not go electric?

Because the cars I want weren't made in an age when electric cars existed.:p

Ahhhhhhhh.

جوري
11-01-2008, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
You can go for Discovery diesel with snorkel. It is very good on off-road and not bad on pavement. Wrangler is very good on off-road, but on highway it has the worst ride. Hummer H3 is not available with diesel and snorkel in market from factory, otherwise, that would have been best for on and off road driving.
wranglers are awful cars, and I have seen them flip on the road at least three times.. I wouldn't buy an american car under any circumstance.. so that would take care of hummers too which are mega gas guzzlers btw and very difficult to park..

Let's put it this way.. I like my cars rugged but I don't like them stupid..
American cars remind me of "Lenny' from of Mice and Men...

جوري
11-01-2008, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Why not go electric?

Because the cars I want weren't made in an age when electric cars existed.:p

Ahhhhhhhh.
an antique collector ey... nice! :D

Ali.
11-01-2008, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't buy an american car under any circumstance
Do you mean performance-wise? If so, what about Chryslers? They're good.

جوري
11-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Do you mean performance-wise? If so, what about Chryslers? They're good.
:sl:
I don't know much about Chrysler really.. my sis has a Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo-- and I drove it yesterday for quite some distant.. it drove like a truck.. I was quite uncomfortable and had no sense of the spatial distribution of it, it was a pain to park.. I didn't feel like I was one with the car.. I don't know if anyone can relate to that term.. but when driving you want to feel one with the machine so you can get in and out of lanes with ease and actually feel in control rather than overwhelmed.. I don't know if that is proper measure to judge all American cars, but I don't like bulkiness that is not maneuverable .. am not sure an American car is right for me.. I think the Mercedes G class is a bit unreasonable especially in price.. but I think you can depend on it, and that is a major feature for me in a car--dependability.. am still searching anyway insha'Allah --wouldn't mind more input..

Ali.
11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Apparently they're pretty good, you should look into them more I think.

PuRePoiSon
11-02-2008, 07:18 PM
The Second Picture, Oh My Are They Batteries?

- P

جوري
11-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Apparently they're pretty good, you should look into them more I think.
:D:-[-- looks like a station wagon.. remind me of those chevy impala

format_quote Originally Posted by PuRePoiSon
The Second Picture, Oh My Are They Batteries?

- P

so you can recharge your energizer at home, at your own convenience =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.