/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will win the US Elections?

Mohammad Shabbir
11-01-2008, 06:43 PM

I'm sure everyone in the world world must now know that the US elections are going to take place between Barack Obama and John McCain.

But what I wanna know is who do you think will win the elections, Obama or McCain.

Also in this thread discuss whether Obama is a "bad man" accordin to some Muslims, and no matter who takes over as president will it affect the Muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Uhm.. I think OBAMA! and i have no idea whats gonna happen next.

and lol @ pikachu!

:w:

Abu Ilyas
11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Obama is currently leading by 6.3%

Abu Ilyas
11-01-2008, 06:56 PM
When is the final date for the election?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mohammad Shabbir
11-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Im sure this link will give you a fair idea:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7360265.stm

This data was collated by independent polling resource website Pollster.com
It gives a clear insight on what the results are gonna be on November 5th

Mohammad Shabbir
11-01-2008, 06:59 PM
The date for the elections is on November 4th and results are in the following day.

Mohammad Shabbir
11-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Heres a joke:

The US elections are on November 4th so expect fireworks the next day!

wth1257
11-01-2008, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUHAMM7D
Obama is currently leading by 6.3%
Yes, but please remember US Presidents are not chosen by national popular vote, but by the electoral college which is determined by the popular votes in individual states. So while Obama's national popular lead is slight, his electoral lead is substantial. In fact I beleive he already has all the electoral votes he needs assuming that he simply manages to hold all states he is projected to win. So even if every single "swing state" goes to McCain Obama should still come out on top if he just holds what he has.

Mohammad Shabbir
11-01-2008, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
Yes, but please remember US Presidents are not chosen by national popular vote, but by the electoral college which is determined by the popular votes in individual states. So while Obama's national popular lead is slight, his electoral lead is substantial. In fact I beleive he already has all the electoral votes he needs assuming that he simply manages to hold all states he is projected to win. So even if every single "swing state" goes to McCain Obama should still come out on top if he just holds what he has.
I think that Obama's hopes of becoming president have taken a blow, because news just in on Sky News, that Obama has an aunt living in the US illegally.
Obama claims that he was unaware of the situation, but i don't think John McCain and his party will see it that way!

wth1257
11-01-2008, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Shabbir
I think that Obama's hopes of becoming president have taken a blow, because news just in on Sky News, that Obama has an aunt living in the US illegally.
Obama claims that he was unaware of the situation, but i don't think John McCain and his party will see it that way!
I have not seen it on the traditional American news stations, additionally it's on the weekend which means evern if it comes up most Americans won't see it.

I think the polls have shown that the Rove like personal attacks are just not working. One republican pundit responded to the question of what it would take for McCain to win with "an act of God"

I think thats true.

Danah
11-01-2008, 08:34 PM
I guess its gonna be for Obama

nocturnal
11-02-2008, 05:38 AM
The Obama litmus test will be firmly based on foreign policy. He's talked a great deal, and he's got to confront a pro-war and pro-israel lobby in the US, but lets see if he can get more accomplished apart from tangential and meaningless gestures like Condi Rice's plenteous trips to israel without actually yielding anything substantive.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-02-2008, 10:12 AM
:sl:
wheres the "i dont care" option...:hiding:

Amadeus85
11-02-2008, 10:21 AM
I would want McCain to be elected, not because I like him much, but because everyone would be better than that leftist radical Barrack Obama.

Abu Ilyas
11-02-2008, 10:21 AM
I think Obama will take it, but i don't think he will make a difference.

crayon
11-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Haha, I'm the only one that think McCain is going to win... Meh. Obama is leading now, but for some reason, I still think McCain is going to come first last minute.

I remember when it was Kerry vs. Bush, I thought "no way in hell will americans ever vote for bush a second time, they'd have to be bloody idiots". When bush one i was in shock. The bad kind. Ugh.

maryam87
11-02-2008, 01:11 PM
i thought it was haram to vote in election?

Al-Hanbali
11-02-2008, 02:19 PM
:salamext:

Just a note; my vote on that poll was a mistake...

Al-Zaara
11-02-2008, 02:27 PM
My heart wants to say Obama, but for some reason, I have a strange feeling McCain will actually win. We'll see.

Ali.
11-02-2008, 03:24 PM
^ Same with me.

Keltoi
11-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Obama looks like he will win, but some people think the polls are a little skewed. There is also the Bradley Effect to consider, which is people telling pollsters one thing and doing another on election day.

Cabdullahi
11-03-2008, 08:02 AM
almost everybody in the world wants obama,i was watching the doha debate on bbc and it was landslide over there too

Woodrow
11-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Another thing that makes predicting so difficult is the fact so few Americans vote. We always end up with a government elected by a minority because the majority dosen't vote. Failure to vote is actually an absentee vote for who ever wins. Not voting, is a vote, except you have no choice in deciding how you voted.

If there is a large voter turn out I believe Obama will win. But if people do like they usually do and not vote, the staying at home will be a vote for McCain and he will win.

YusufNoor
11-03-2008, 12:14 PM

it's too early to tell. the networks seem to have let Obama have a "free run" for fear of being accused of racism. NOW, at the last minute, expect some really bad stories about Obama, ie, the illegal auntie and now the "no new coal mines."

also, there are MANY in America who are NOT ready for a Black President, or a "mixed" President, or a "former Muslim" President.

here are 2 emails i've received in the last week:

Only in America would you find a totally biased press focus on Palin's so-called $150,00 wardrobe but totally ignore Hussein Obama spending more than $600,000,000.00 trying to get elected.

Only in America would you find Hussein Obama (the leading candidate in the Presidential election) who could sit in a racist, radical church for more than 20 years and never hear the rantings of his lunatic Pastor, yet still be considered "brilliant" by the liberal press and public.

Only in America can a Presidential candidate (Barack Hussein Obama) SAY he is Christian, yet chose a MUSLIM name for himself as a grown man in college.

Only in America (while we remain in a contracted war with Islamic terrorism and have lost close to 10,000 lives in the war and terrorist attacks over the last 20 years) can a man even carry the name of BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA and still be considered a legitimate candidate for President.

Only in America can a man who began his political career in the home of a known domestic terrorist, (who also bombed the White House and Pentagon and says he wished he would have done more) be considered a good candidate for President because he is "articulate" and "charismatic".

Only in America can one candidate (Palin) who is the Governor of the largest state in the U.S. be called "inexperienced", but the opposing candidate for President (Hussein Obama) is called "ready for the job" with one term in the U.S. Senate.

Only in America can a leading candidate for President (Hussein Obama) promise to lower taxes for 95% of the population when only 60-70% pay taxes in the first place, yet still go unchallenged with his rhetoric and actually be believed by a portion of the voting public.

Only in America can a candidate who is favored by the Islamic states and their supporters, Farrakhan, Chavez, Castro, Iran, Korea, Colombia and other terroristic nations be considered a legitimate choice for President.

Only in America can Hussein Obama be rated the most liberal Senator in the U.S. claim to be "moderate" while he is running for President and yet still go unchallenged by the so-called U.S. media.

Only in America can a radical, bigoted, hateful racist (Louis Farrakhan) who has likened White people to "the Devil" and embraces a religion which says that whites are "descendants of the devil", call Hussein Obama "the Messiah" and a "great hope" without people abandoning their support in droves.

Only in America can a Presidential candidate (Hussein Obama) claim he is going to reduce the income tax (1 TAX) on people who make less than $250,000 a year, then raise 8-10 OTHER TAXES we all pay, either in direct taxes or taxes that are passed on in the increase cost of goods and services resulting from theses increased taxes, be considered trying to help the "middle income" families of America.

Only in America can a man who is not even constitutionally eligible to hold office be so close to winning the Presidency. Hussein Obama's father was not an American and his mother was not a legal resident long enough before he was born to qualify him as eligible for the Presidency. Where is the so-called "Press" of this country?

Only in America can a man who is not eligible for selection to the FBI because of his past terrorist associations be close to winning the White House.

ONLY IN AMERICA
after telling the sender that i didn't need any of his racist crap, i got this one:

Subject: Change

It was a time of economic panic. The government had first caused a downturn
and then meddled until the economy collapsed completely. The people demanded
change.

Along came a glib, smooth talking newcomer. He had no governing experience to
speak of, but promised the change his people sought. He also promised free health
care, strict controls on guns and a massive redistribution of wealth from the few
rich to the many poor. The people praised him, the press extolled him and vilified
his opponent.
Children sang songs about him and university students chanted his name.

He was elected, and all the changes came to pass, but not as most had expected.

Because it was Germany, in 1938

If that scares you, it **** well should.
so, despite the fact that the similarities between the Bush regime and the Hitler regime are numerous, the opposition is the one that gets portrayed as such! ^o)

my own opinion is that it really doesn't matter. the most important thing is that Bush and Cheney LEAVE office! IF and WHEN they do, it will be " the End of an Error!" :thankyou:

aamirsaab
11-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't know anything about either of the parties' manifestos. What I do know is: I really don't want Mccain to win - come on, another republican?!

It's actually quite interesting now that I think about it: you have a younger, black candidate against an older, white candidate. I don't think this has ever happened before in the USA - it's so completely polarised. Literally black and white!

Whatever happens though, I hope Cheyney is kicked out of the office.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-03-2008, 12:28 PM
at first i was like "noooo waaaay obama is ever gnna win" but then he astounded and shocked me with all that a$$ kissing, it was unexpected, he sold out so much that he actually stands a chance.

so im not sure, americans like dumb presidents who "act" innocent so McCain still has a chance too

Danah
11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz

so im not sure, americans like dumb presidents who "act" innocent so McCain still has a chance too
I start having the same feeling as well ^o)

Mohammad Shabbir
11-03-2008, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
wheres the "i dont care" option...:hiding:

:-[Sister, with all due respect, keep your opinions to yourself, and if you really dont care about the poll, then please do not enter the thread if it means so less to you!

Much appreciated.

Leyla73
11-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Lol (to what Mohammad Shabbir said =P)
Is it true that Obama's grand father was muslim?

Woodrow
11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Our presidents have far less power than what many people believe.

No matter who wins the presidency, it is the house and senate that run the country.

However, the president has a very powerful tool to use in the first few months of being elected and that is selecting the cabinet. The parties try to nominate somebody that will support the party and still have the charisma to draw the majority of the popular vote.

We do not need to focus on who is running for president, but rather on the stand of the party.

At this time the democratic party seems to be the best choice for America. Now the question is does Obama have the populat attraction to get the votes?

I am certain that the majority of the democrats will vote for Obama, but he will need to gain republican votes if he is to win.

The result will all depend on voter turn out, If there is a large turn out Obama should win, But if the turnout is small Mcain will win. This is one election in which if people do not vote they are giving the presidency to McCain. Failure to vote, is support for McCain.

I believe the controversial candidates will draw many voters, thus giving the election to Obama.

AntiKarateKid
11-04-2008, 05:42 AM
I am voting for Obama today but I feel that Mc Cain is going tos teal the election.

After he steals the election, Islamophobia will rise and the Dajjal will be one step closer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXZbIGJrDkg

And people wanted to make a Big deal about OBAMAS PASTOR! :-\

جوري
11-04-2008, 06:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-zAara
My heart wants to say Obama, but for some reason, I have a strange feeling McCain will actually win. We'll see.
I believe it is called 'rigging an election'!

I am with you on this.. if Obama wins they'll probably assissinate him and then they will have their caucasian president and enough drama for a decade--

this country isn't ready for a female president or a black president..

period!

Fishman
11-04-2008, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
I would want McCain to be elected, not because I like him much, but because everyone would be better than that leftist radical Barrack Obama.
:sl: Obama isn't a radical leftist at all, that idea's just American paranoia. Britain has had much more left wing prime Ministers yet we didn't dissolve into some kind of Communist dictatorship. Obama is nothing compared to the Labour government of the 1970's.

Liberty
11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I like the poll results 8)

Liberty
11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
let's hope it's representative of the real world xD

Orn
11-04-2008, 12:02 PM
My hearts says Obama'maan will win but my guts says otherwise(rigging,and lobbyist group namely APAC)

Liberty
11-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Also the racial card, as much as I hate to deny it, might just be Obama's downfall.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.