/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Somali fighters stone rape victim

The Khan
11-02-2008, 06:10 AM
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/af...216476354.html

Somali fighters stone 'rape victim'

In recent months the Islamic Courts' al-Shebab group appears to have gained strength [EPA]

A Somali girl who said she had been raped has been stoned to death in Somalia after being accused of adultery, a human rights group has said.

Amnesty International said in a press release on Friday that the victim, Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow, had been 13 years old - not 23 as earlier reports had suggested.

Duhulow was stoned to death on October 27 by dozens of men in a stadium packed with 1,000 spectators in the southern port city of Kismayo, Amnesty International and Somali media reported, citing witnesses.

The armed group in charge of Kismayo had accused her of adultery after she reported that three men had raped her, Amnesty said.

"This child suffered a horrendous death at the behest of the armed opposition groups who currently control Kismayo," David Copeman, Amnesty International's Somalia campaigner, said in a statement.

Initial local media reports said Duhulow was 23, but her father told Amnesty International she was 13.

The Islamic Courts took control of much of Somalia in 2006, triggering an intervention by neighbouring Ethiopia, which propped up the UN-backed transitional government and ousted the movement.

While the group's political leadership largely fled the country, the movement's military and youth wing, the al-Shaabab, switched to guerrilla warfare.

In recent months the group appears to have gained strength, taking over the port city of Kismayo, and dismantling pro-government roadblocks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamayun
11-02-2008, 10:26 AM
imsad

Abu Ilyas
11-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Subhanallah, this is not Islam............

SixTen
11-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Astagfirullah...

You know, this reminds me of a story, where, a mother asked her daugher (after being raped) to commit suicide giving her a razer - for supposedly "honor" reasons-. She refused to commit suiciide, so when she went to sleep, her mother suffocated her to death. imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
11-02-2008, 10:45 AM
:sl: :cry: Had they actually investigated this properly????? :cry::w:

Abu Ilyas
11-02-2008, 11:04 AM
criminals in the name of Islam.:enough!:

YusufNoor
11-02-2008, 11:31 AM
:sl:

unless it can be verified by reliable Muslim sources, it's not an acceptable news story.

btw, in the comments section:

Umm Ahmed
Afghanistan 02/11/2008

Lies

As salaam alaykum I am shocked that your spreading this fabrication , when every non muslim agency carried this story with the woman in question who two years ago confessed to adultery , she chose to have the punishment of this life rather than in the hereafter. Her family are speaking emotionally here. Seriously shocking.
:w:

Sahabiyaat
11-02-2008, 11:41 AM
My cousins sister in law was shot by her father for honour reasons after being raped at a wedding.She fell pregnant and the guy didnt want anything to do with her.This happend in pakistan, years ago. So i can relate to this sad incident.

Thinker
11-02-2008, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
unless it can be verified by reliable Muslim sources, it's not an acceptable news story.
This story was given by amnesty international and is reported in hundreds of respected news and media outlets.

Shortly after 9/11 Muslims were saying that there was no evidence that the attack was perpetrated by Bin Laden and later that it was done by American jews as a conspiracy against Islam. Perpetrating suggestions like that is just 'burying your head in the sand'.

YusufNoor
11-02-2008, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
This story was given by amnesty international and is reported in hundreds of respected news and media outlets.

Shortly after 9/11 Muslims were saying that there was no evidence that the attack was perpetrated by Bin Laden and later that it was done by American jews as a conspiracy against Islam. Perpetrating suggestions like that is just 'burying your head in the sand'.

IF bin Laden is responsible for 9-11, why isn't he wanted by the FBI for it?
Peace be upon those who follow the guidance,

actually, the vast majority of the 9-11 Truth Movement are NOT Muslims and they DO NOT blame the Jews! NEOCONS yes, JEWS no!

David Ray Griffin, NOT a Muslim!
Barry Zwicker, NOT a Muslim!
Eric Hufschmid, NOT a Muslim!
Cynthia McKinney, NOT a Muslim!
Dave vonKliest, NOT a Muslim!
Steven Jones, NOT a Muslim!
Webster G. Tarpley, NOT a Muslim!
David Shayler, NOT a Muslim!
Michael Meacher MP, NOT a Muslim!

bin Laden, NOT A SUSPECT:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/terbinladen.htm

why isn't Bin Laden a suspect?

the Muckraker Report, an independent investigative group, conducted an inquiry into the lack of any Bin Laden connection to 9/11 on FBI materials. The Muckraker Report contacted Rex Tomb, who serves as Chief of Investigative Publicity with the FBI. Tomb's response? “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.”
cheers!

Keltoi
11-02-2008, 01:12 PM
It's a strange world.

YusufNoor
11-02-2008, 01:20 PM

and from the BBC:

Somali woman executed by stoning

A woman in Somalia has been stoned to death after an Islamic Sharia law court found her guilty of adultery.

The woman was buried up to her neck and then pelted to death with stones in front of a large crowd in Kismayo.

It was the first such execution in the southern port city since Islamist insurgents captured it from government-allied forces in August.

A local Islamist leader said the woman, Aisho Ibrahim Dhuhulow, had pleaded guilty to committing adultery.

"She was asked several times to review her confession but she stressed that she wanted Sharia law and the deserved punishment to apply," said Sheikh Hayakallah.

A group of men performed the execution in one of the city's main squares in front of thousands of people, AFP news agency said.

source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7694397.stm

hmmm, i wonder if "hundreds of respected news and media outlets" would lie or post disinformation?

hmmm....

Muezzin
11-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Just to nip this in the bud, let's keep this discussion on-topic, please. 9/11 is an entirely different subject.

The Khan
11-02-2008, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUHAMM7D
Subhanallah, this is not Islam............
Yes, it is not. The Qur'an makes it clear and final that the maximum punishment for adultery is 100 lashes provided that there are 4 witnesses, that they all report the act at the same time, that none of them make a single mistake regarding the report. If one of them has a different story, the other 3 will receive 100 lashes. Any extra punishment is an innovation and against the noble Qur'an. The word of Allah (SWT) is binding and final, none shall abrogate it.

maryam87
11-02-2008, 01:42 PM

and from the BBC:

Somali woman executed by stoning

A woman in Somalia has been stoned to death after an Islamic Sharia law court found her guilty of adultery.

The woman was buried up to her neck and then pelted to death with stones in front of a large crowd in Kismayo.

It was the first such execution in the southern port city since Islamist insurgents captured it from government-allied forces in August.

A local Islamist leader said the woman, Aisho Ibrahim Dhuhulow, had pleaded guilty to committing adultery.

"She was asked several times to review her confession but she stressed that she wanted Sharia law and the deserved punishment to apply," said Sheikh Hayakallah.

A group of men performed the execution in one of the city's main squares in front of thousands of people, AFP news agency said.

source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7694397.stm

hmmm, i wonder if "hundreds of respected news and media outlets" would lie or post disinformation?

hmmm....

This was the same version that i read in our local newspapers
Apparently she kept going to them telling em to stone her to death cause of the sin she commited subhallah, may Allah (swt) grant her paradise for such repentence

barney
11-02-2008, 02:34 PM

:

Yep. Only news stories with Islamic based sources are true. The rest of the world simply makes everything up.

On another note how many wittnesses did this girl bring to show she diddnt consent?

Muezzin
11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Guys. Keep the insulting out of this forum. It's not the Wild West AKA the YouTube comments page.

barney
11-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Yup Boss!

Actually I was making an Ironic commentry with my post, I actually love the French, in small doses, and thought that the guy had a valid point which needed a sensible answer.

But we wernt as bad as Youtube, we spelt it all correctly and everything!

Keltoi
11-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Even if the girl did "ask" to be stoned to death, does that make the act justifiable or moral?

Chuck
11-02-2008, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Yep. Only news stories with Islamic based sources are true. The rest of the world simply makes everything up.

On another note how many wittnesses did this girl bring to show she diddnt consent?
Yup. You don't exaggerate and pigs fly :D

Amadeus85
11-02-2008, 04:49 PM
We can only be sorry to hear such things, but the human nature shows its bad face every day all over the globe with thousands of people suffering from various reasons. I think that it will be like that until the end of this world.

aamirsaab
11-02-2008, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Even if the girl did "ask" to be stoned to death, does that make the act justifiable or moral?
Islamically speaking, it doesn't matter if she (or the defendant) asks for the punishment - it's upto the judge to declare the defendant as guilty or not guilty; they're also responsible for the punishment (if any), too. As for the act (stoning) becoming more justifiable or moral if one asks for it? It'd probably have some impact in the overall verdict, but it really lies in the hand of the judge (in islamic courts anyway).

For some bizzare reason, people over the globe seem to confuse rape and adultery when it comes to Islamic punishment (this isn't directed to anyone in particular, just speaking in general terms) - rape and adultery are two completely different things and as far as I am aware, the victim of a rape, Islamically speaking, is never to be punished.

From what I have read about this case in particular, it seems as though the Islamic court (meaning she actually had a trial) declared her guilty. Since I don't live in somalia and know very little about the country and its interpretation of the law, I cannot say much in relation to the courts (i.e I don't know how Islamic they are). My inclination tells me they got it wrong but I don't have all the facts - the ones I do have, however, do put me on the edge; in the first article, she said she was raped. In the second article, she pretty much demanded sharia law punishment.....kinda confusing.

The Khan
11-02-2008, 05:59 PM
There's a lot of confusion regarding the whole incident. Their local media reported something different, the Arab media reported something different, the western media reported something different. Strange.

LockOn
11-03-2008, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
My cousins sister in law was shot by her father for honour reasons after being raped at a wedding.She fell pregnant and the guy didnt want anything to do with her.This happend in pakistan, years ago. So i can relate to this sad incident.

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh .
I'm very saddened by what you have posted.May Allah 'azza wa-jall have mercy on the dear sister and let her be one of the people of Paradise.

It does make one question which of the reports is actually true. If it is the one where she was raped and executed, then a great injustice has been committed.

The Khan
Nope, just to be frank, the Qur'an doesn't mention stoning as a punishment at all. In fact, many of our beloved prophets were threatened with stoning. Ibrahim (pbuh), for example.

Btw, was the lady supposed to be punished, if the prophet (pbuh) didn't intervene?
My dear brother. The punishment for adultery is not a debatable matter. The punishment is stoning and the hadith are clear on this, as someone has already posted. Do you reject the hadith regarding this matter, even though they are all Sahih?

Yanal
11-04-2008, 02:06 AM
May those soldiers get a punishment from Allah. May the girl be in heaven. Ameen.

Intisar
11-04-2008, 03:23 AM
:sl: In short, she was raped, she was just 13 and the ''Islamic courts union militia'' had gang-raped her and threatened her. So then confessed to committing to ''adultery'' to the IUC, they apprehended her and performed the stoning on her.

May Allaah grant her Jannatul firdaws and exempt her from the torments of the grave.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.